Author Topic: What about this deal?....Kapono and Speights?  (Read 1338 times)

What about this deal?....Kapono and Speights?
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Not sure how much of a possiblility this might be, but I know Sixers are looking to move Kapono, and there was a rocky relationship between them and Speights during stretches of the season...They are over loaded at the wing, and they like to play Thaddeus Young at the 4 spot a lot. so I was just fooling around on the trade machine and came up with this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2aw8jlm

Sheed, Lafayette, Gaffney

for

Kapono, and Mareesse Speights

Re: What about this deal?....Kapono and Speights?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:33:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would love it.

76ers say no.

Re: What about this deal?....Kapono and Speights?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:41:05 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I don't see Philly just giving away Kapono.  He's expiring, and teams are always looking for a shooter; they should be able to get some decent value for him at the deadline, if not now (expiring contract and a protected 1st?).

The only question might be if Philly's looking for more of a cushion under the luxury tax line, looks like they've got something like $68M in salary and I'm not sure that's including any of their draft picks.

There are still teams out there with cap space and/or trade exceptions that could take Kapono off Philly's hands without sending back any salary, and I'd wager one of them has something more that us to offer.  Cleveland, for example, could trade for Kapono with their trade exception, and give Philly one of the draft picks they got from Miami.  Either split time between Kapono and Anthony Parker at the 3, or Cleveland would have the option of then using Parker's expiring deal as a carrot to get someone to take Boobie Gibson's contract off their books.