Author Topic: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions  (Read 450321 times)

Re: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions
« Reply #480 on: August 24, 2009, 01:43:53 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I just wish some of the Celticsbloggers would show that same class as the men who wear the green themselves.   

this, my friend is the kind of thing that is wrong to do

Now youre calling some CBs classless or impliying that?

I will leave this here, but please think this and dont do that.

People and world isnt against you.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #481 on: August 24, 2009, 02:03:27 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
If posters are "laughing" at me, and insulting me and my ideas what exactly am I supposed to think?

« Reply #482 on: August 24, 2009, 02:05:34 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Ok I understand what you are talking about.   

When those 2 threads were closed I thought that it was an insult to me because nobody believed what I was talking about.  So now I understand it wasn't only because of what I wrote, it was what other posters were doing as well.   

Because when that ORL-CLE thread got closed I thought it was because people couldn't handle the fact that the Cavs lost.
And when this thread got closed I thought it was because people think I have no chance to be a great basketball player.

Although closing the thread may look to other posters that I was the one in the wrong.  Not that I am trying to persuade other posters to believe certain things, but I do believe that overall people are negative to people who have new or different ideas from the mainstream.

I do feel that if I went up to Doc, or Kevin, or Paul, or Rajon that they wouldn't treat me like those posters did, and would actually encourage me to play.  That is why I am a Celtics fan, and do believe that I may try for an organized team eventually, because I know that if I went up to Danny or Doc they would respect me and want me to succeed. And if I really wasn't a good basketball player they would let me see that on the court, instead of how these other posters are criticizing my game and my ideas without even seeing me play.  That is why I think the Celtics are the right team and the right guys for basketball and for sports.  I just wish some of the Celticsbloggers would show that same class as the men who wear the green themselves.   

sure we encourage you to play. play in a rec league or something, play pickup with your friends.

But do you understand just out impossible it would be for a guy who never played highschool ball even, to make it to the d-league? To even get paid a pittance to play basketball? I mean that's the type of stuff they make movies about, its so impossible.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #483 on: August 24, 2009, 02:07:14 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
Who said I'm calling some CBs classless or implying that? That is not what I wrote.
I said I wish they would show the same class as the players.  Again, you are taking what I write and spinning it into what it isn't.  

« Reply #484 on: August 24, 2009, 02:12:08 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
"But do you understand just out impossible it would be for a guy who never played highschool ball even, to make it to the d-league? To even get paid a pittance to play basketball? I mean that's the type of stuff they make movies about, its so impossible"

So what.  Do you want me to tell you all the "impossible" things I've already done in my life?    What did Kevin Garnett say "anything is possible".  That is what KG said.  And I'm supposed to just believe what all these other people say about me, a person they know nothing about? That is exactly what I am talking about.  Kevin Garnett wouldn't tell me that.   

« Reply #485 on: August 24, 2009, 02:14:09 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Okay, let's not re-debate the original thread, please. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #486 on: August 24, 2009, 02:17:36 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
ok. agree to disagree.

But remember, kevin garnett said "anything is possible" after he, a former MVP, current defensive player of the year, probable first ballot hall of famer won that NBA title. That's how tough it is in the NBA. Even a MVP needs a supporting cast to win a title, and college players of the year sometimes don't even make the final roster cut, or sit the bench as cheerleaders.

« Reply #487 on: August 24, 2009, 02:25:54 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
Roy, can you see that it is not me redebating the original thread.  It is other posters continually responding to my original statements and discrediting them and criticizing them.  I'm not responding to anyone's original thoughts or statements.   I am reading the stuff that other people are writing about what I originally said, and it seems as if they are the ones not abiding by the rules.   

« Reply #488 on: August 24, 2009, 02:27:44 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Roy, can you see that it is not me redebating the original thread.  It is other posters continually responding to my original statements and discrediting them and criticizing them.  I'm not responding to anyone's original thoughts or statements.   I am reading the stuff that other people are writing about what I originally said, and it seems as if they are the ones not abiding by the rules.   

If you think that what I or Edgar wrote are violations of the rules, then you don't understand the rules.

« Reply #489 on: August 24, 2009, 02:30:08 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I understand what you're saying, in that you're responding to other people's posts in here.  That being said, I think it's best for all of us to drop the subject, as such debates aren't really the point of this thread (that goes for everyone, of course, not just you.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #490 on: August 24, 2009, 02:37:49 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
Well its Indeed & Edgar who are the ones redebating the original issue, which Roy said not to do, and it is not what I was doing either.   I was done posting until someone wrote I am implying that CB bloggers are classless and it is not what I wrote.   I said I wish they would show the same class as the players.  To me that means the players are really classy, it does not mean the bloggers are classless.   You take it as the bloggers being classless because again, you spin what I wrote to make it seem like something negative when it is nothing of the sort. 

« Reply #491 on: August 24, 2009, 03:02:49 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Who said I'm calling some CBs classless or implying that? That is not what I wrote.
I said I wish they would show the same class as the players.  Again, you are taking what I write and spinning it into what it isn't.  

Oh my god. You're obviously doing that.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #492 on: August 24, 2009, 03:13:21 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
"I just wish some of the Celticsbloggers would show that same class as the men who wear the green themselves"

That is the comment, take it how you want to.    Don't tell me what I'm trying to say.  If you can't live up to the expectations that the Celtics players live up to, that is your choice.  If you want to take it negatively go ahead.  That is not what I wrote.  Nobody can spin my words. 

« Reply #493 on: August 24, 2009, 03:20:31 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown

Oh my god. You're obviously doing that.

Oh really? I'm supposed to be the one who doesn't have talent to play basketball like the pros.  Yet when I say that bloggers aren't showing the same class as the Celtics, that is taken as an insult to them.  And they are the ones insulting me telling me that I can't play like the pros.    Now don't you see the contradiction.  Its ok to insult me, yet when I make a statement that says the bloggers aren't showing the same class as the Celtics, its supposed to be an insult to them.   I don't think so.   Just another example of spinning a positive statement into a negative statement.   

« Reply #494 on: August 24, 2009, 03:21:16 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
Try and spin this one.