Author Topic: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions  (Read 450133 times)

Re: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions
« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2008, 10:10:55 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I actually have a question for the Mods. Do you guys go by a schedule? or is it just assumed at least one of you guys will be online?

It is all random. 

WHAT!  You guys told me I needed to be on 24-7 ;)

Hey, you are the one that got the 30% raise.

Plus time and a half for hours spent while I should be paying attention to my job (double pay for neglecting my children while they're playing with sharp objects)

Wow, I didn't imagine this site being that profitable. Not that it's not a great site, because it is. I just thought figured it cost a lot to maintain
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2008, 10:12:21 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Ok one more:

Now do you guys know Jeff personally and when he started up the site he asked you guys to join? Or did you all start off as posters?

I was a poster.  IP, Don, and Redz were all posters when they were asked.  

I believe Roy, Edgar and Chris were all just poster to begin with.

I thought you guys were all buddies from high school/college or something. Interesting.

I have never meet any of them in real life.

You guys should rent out a hall and do a "Celticsblog Mod night" or something.

« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2008, 10:13:45 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Ok one more:

Now do you guys know Jeff personally and when he started up the site he asked you guys to join? Or did you all start off as posters?

I thought you guys were all buddies from high school/college or something. Interesting.

Green17 and I went to college together (same graduation year and everything) but didn't know each other.  That's hard to do in a student body of less than 1900.

But yeah, most of the associations among the staff here are internet based.  We're all on good terms, but we tend to live several hundred miles apart.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I actually have a question for the Mods. Do you guys go by a schedule? or is it just assumed at least one of you guys will be online?

It is all random. 

Plus time and a half for hours spent while I should be paying attention to my job (double pay for neglecting my children while they're playing with sharp objects)

Wow, I didn't imagine this site being that profitable. Not that it's not a great site, because it is. I just thought figured it cost a lot to maintain

Redz is pulling your leg.  Our immense salaries are a topic of frequent humor. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Ok one more:

Green17 and I went to college together (same graduation year and everything) but didn't know each other.  That's hard to do in a student body of less than 1900.

But yeah, most of the associations among the staff here are internet based.  We're all on good terms, but we tend to live several hundred miles apart.

Wow what a small world.

Did you at least look him up in your yearbook to make sure you didn't see him around and not realize it? (I'm assuming this was for your undergrad)

« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2008, 10:16:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

It is all random. 

Redz is pulling your leg.  Our immense salaries are a topic of frequent humor. ;)

Wait, wait.

You thought it was a joke Roy?

Wow.  Jeff worked you over good.

« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2008, 10:19:22 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Ok one more:

Wow what a small world.

Did you at least look him up in your yearbook to make sure you didn't see him around and not realize it? (I'm assuming this was for your undergrad)

Actually not every college has a yearbook. nevermind

« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey

There's no set schedule.  We have very good coverage during the day, and late night at least one of us tends to be around.  Rarely, something will come up when one of us isn't around, but usually, we catch stuff before it escalates.

Doesn't hurt that there are at least a few who don't seem to sleep  ;)

-sw

Hey look at that, Steve got his first star. Don't you guys have a Mod ritual or something when this happens? ;D

« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2008, 10:29:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

It is all random. 

We could call it quintuple time!  Anything times zero is still zero.  I think the one thing we all have in common is a passion for the site, and that is something money can't buy (well, maybe it could, but for the sake of my point let's just say it couldn't)
Yup

« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2008, 10:32:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

There's no set schedule.  We have very good coverage during the day, and late night at least one of us tends to be around.  Rarely, something will come up when one of us isn't around, but usually, we catch stuff before it escalates.

-sw

Hey look at that, Steve got his first star. Don't you guys have a Mod ritual or something when this happens? ;D

It goes something like this (this is top secret stuff I'm letting you in on).

Yup

« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

-sw

Yeah, Steve owes all of us a coffee and a carwash.  In Wdleehi's case, a beer (or seven).

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2008, 04:50:15 AM »

Offline celticsmaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 0
can we have more obscenities and dirty words allowed here from now on? And, if not, could you, perhaps, direct me to more disreputable and smut-filled celtics blog?

in the meantime, here are some dirty words that you CAN say on Celtics blog (i think):

buttox

dingleberry

ta-ta's

crap

orgasmic

fart

vasectomy

diarrhea

hoochie-coo

lube

bumbum

knockers

shmuck

panties

cropusculant (well...least it sounds dirty, that is)

arse

rectum

cornhole

poon

kobe bryant (well, same thing)

« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2008, 10:59:38 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

-sw

Yeah, Steve owes all of us a coffee and a carwash.  In Wdleehi's case, a beer (or seven).

Oh great, thanks for reminding 'em, Jsaad  ;)

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2008, 02:37:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
can we have more obscenities and dirty words allowed here from now on? And, if not, could you, perhaps, direct me to more disreputable and smut-filled celtics blog?

in the meantime, here are some dirty words that you CAN say on Celtics blog (i think):

buttox

dingleberry

ta-ta's

crap

orgasmic

fart

vasectomy

diarrhea

hoochie-coo

lube

bumbum

knockers

shmuck

panties

cropusculant (well...least it sounds dirty, that is)

arse

rectum

cornhole

poon

kobe bryant (well, same thing)

::)

« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2009, 09:05:36 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
Awww I just tried to respond on my trolled thread but it got locked  :(

Yep, apparently you're not allowed to make jokes about Celtics players, rather you can only poke fun at players who are non-Celtics. ::)

Absolutely correct.  That's why this place is called Celticsblog; fans of other teams are not permitted to insult our players.

Please confine future criticism of our rules to personal messages, or to the dedicated thread in the Comments and Remarks forum.  Regarding this thread, I'd ask you to stay on topic.

Yup. Blind homerism and intolerance are acceptable here; more imporant than impartiality or a sense of humor. Racism, homophobia, mysogyny, and the like, directed against other teams' players and fans, are just fine. Poking fun at a Celtic player is often unacceptable, even when it's harmless, and whether it's actually warranted by an impartial view of the facts is totally irrelevent.

You can usually go off-topic or stretch the rules if it's pro-Celtics off-topic or pro-Celtics rule stretching; otherwise the mods may spank you.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:33:58 AM by Section 87 »