Author Topic: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions  (Read 450008 times)

Re: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions
« Reply #945 on: April 04, 2017, 03:50:05 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
no problem roy! There will be no swearing or good natured ribbing(antagonizing) and definitely no harm wished on opposing players. that was 3 years ago in the heat of the moment. I will abstain from that and follow forum rules on game threads moving forward like i always have on other boards.

thanks Roy!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #946 on: April 05, 2017, 05:52:03 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Who banned me from the game threads and why? Do i need to start a new thread here on this? I hardly post here anymore. The game thread was my and other friends favorite forum. I am almost sure i have not posted in game thread in 2 years? Can we get this removed please? Thanks!

One of my favorite game thread buddies. This guy only adds to the game threads!!!!

Thank you Roy!!!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #947 on: April 28, 2017, 11:58:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Would really like an explanation on why my thread questioning on what those with a less positive outlook on the Celtics think of this team now was locked. I stated in the OP it wasn't a call out thread. If the title was bad, IM me and tell me to change it. Or change it yourself. But locking the thread? [dang] after 10 years and 30,000 posts haven't I earned better than that?

My thread gets locked but there is a thread Named "Remember when everyone wanted to trade for Jimmy Butler?" and the OP is "LOL" and thats not locked as a call out thread? Dang mods whats up? This is me. Throw me out an IM to fix the problem....don't lock it and then not lock a ridiculous call out thread by someone else.

IM me. Respond here. I don't care. Just let me know either way.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:46:03 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #948 on: April 29, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Would really like an explanation on why my thread questioning on what those with a less positive outlook on the Celtics think of this team now was locked. I stated in the OP it wasn't a call out thread. If the title was bad, IM me and tell me to change it. Or change it yourself. But locking the thread? [dang] after 10 years and 30,000 posts haven't I earned better than that?

My thread gets locked but there is a thread Named "Remember when everyone wanted to trade for Jimmy Butler?" and the OP is "LOL" and thats not locked as a call out thread? Dang mods whats up? This is me. Throw me out an IM to fix the problem....don't lock it and then not lock a ridiculous call out thread by someone else.

IM me. Respond here. I don't care. Just let me know either way.

You know better nick. We've had rules about name-calling pretty much since this board started. The impetus is on you to follow the rules, not for us to be your editors.

Quote from: Title of thread
So to all the pessimists, to those game thread naysayers, to the doom & gloomers

Quote from: CelticsBlog Rules
Do not label or challenge fellow posters -- either individually or collectively -- in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.  Dependent upon context, examples include, but are not limited to, labels such as "fake fan", "bandwagon fan", "not a real fan", "hater", "homer", "koolaid drinker", "troll", "green teamer", etc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:02:29 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #949 on: April 29, 2017, 02:07:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Nick I think it's pretty clear you exceeded the mildly negative adjective limit. You could have come close to possibly hurting someone's feelings.

« Reply #950 on: April 29, 2017, 02:34:12 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
This is ridiculous over-reaching. Things must be slow in CE.

« Reply #951 on: April 29, 2017, 02:37:44 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

No, it's truthfully a text book violation of the rules.

The issue is, it's not enforced with much consistency lately.  I've seen a number of threads and posts of this same ilk that have gone without any censure.

I imagine that is at the heart of what Nick was truly befuddled by.

« Reply #952 on: April 29, 2017, 03:16:00 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

;)

When has there ever been any consistency in enforcing forum rules?  This forum is a complete joke in that regard, and has been for as long as I can remember. 

« Reply #953 on: April 29, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I have seen a lot of thread titles with rules violations not be locked. I have seen a ton of "call out threads" such as the one I described above, not get locked. And more recently the language being thrown around...lucky there is a censor application but still, nothing happening to stop that.

I overstepped the bounds, I admit it, but in the joy of the moment after a series win, I couldn't control myself. But dang, I haven't earned a little slack like just IMing me to tell me to change the title.

That's what is getting under my skin. But I had my answer. So be it. I opened another thread asking the same questions under another title.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:20:42 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #954 on: April 29, 2017, 06:02:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

The issue is, it's not enforced with much consistency lately.  I've seen a number of threads and posts of this same ilk that have gone without any censure.

The answer is reporting the threads to mods, not breaking the rules. The selective enforcement thing is a necessary evil, and doesn't mitigate rule-breaking.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #955 on: April 29, 2017, 06:16:17 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Many people here are thin-skinned (I know, its a very offensive thing to call someone). For some reason it is ok to bash the Celtics with ridiculous logic, but it is not ok to call out people for spewing poop.

« Reply #956 on: April 29, 2017, 06:24:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Many people here are thin-skinned (I know, its a very offensive thing to call someone). For some reason it is ok to bash the Celtics with ridiculous logic, but it is not ok to call out people for spewing poop.

Talk to Jeff about it.

« Reply #957 on: April 29, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The answer is reporting the threads to mods, not breaking the rules. The selective enforcement thing is a necessary evil, and doesn't mitigate rule-breaking.

Not throwing darts at anyone or excusing anything.

Just making an observation.

« Reply #958 on: June 14, 2017, 03:45:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'd like to propose that the rule against masked profanity be waived for anyone at the KG star level. KG would want it that way  8)

« Reply #959 on: June 14, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I'd like to propose that the rule against masked profanity be waived for anyone at the KG star level. KG would want it that way  8)
[dang] f$#%*&! straight he would. 😁