Author Topic: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions  (Read 450084 times)

Re: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions
« Reply #930 on: November 08, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I didn't put the ban into place, but I agree with it. It's dismissive and is likely to bring about a negative response. You could have made your point otherwise. We have special rules for the CE forum, including zero tolerance for this stuff.

Calling our staff "corrupt" doesn't win many favors.

I've used the same pic dozens of times, how would I know ? Could I get a warning at least?

You know I'm not being mean spirited....
To add on to this, apparently if you respond to someone who's asking you how it feels to have your head in the sand (admittedly not in an overly nice manner), you'll get the axe just as well.

Since there's nothing that indicates that this isn't permanent or that there is an appeal process, I guess I'm done with CE. Which is unfortunate.

No apologies here. Comments like this directed at other members will get you booted every time:

Yes, I understand using your head for the first time may be a bit painful. That's ok though, it will go away if it practice enough
It's fair to point out that the post to which I was responding included

1. "Your post lack logic so much it makes my head hurt", and
2. "How does it feel to have your head so deep in the sand".

But no, I'm not particularly proud of that one. This was more likely to clarify that suspention = permanent and unappealable, since this particular bit of information is not readily available.

CE bans are presumptively permanent, but our policy has been that we'll consider reinstatement for first-time offenders who approach the staff appropriately.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #931 on: November 08, 2016, 01:01:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
CE bans are presumptively permanent, but our policy has been that we'll consider reinstatement for first-time offenders who approach the staff appropriately.
Seeing that other long-standing users remain banned for seemingly lesser infractions makes me somewhat skeptical about my chances.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #932 on: November 08, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I have one question for this thread. I have noticed an increase in the amount of users pumping old threads (often multiple one's on the same topic) or repeatedly bumping their own topics as a way of saying "hey i was right" or "told ya so." I kind of thought this was frowned upon if not flat out against the rules. Is this not true?

While I don't think it is the worst thing in the world, it is one of those things where if everyone starts doing it the board will become a bit of a mess and it will incite more heated and unpleasant exchanges among members.

« Reply #933 on: November 08, 2016, 01:40:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Seeing that other long-standing users remain banned for seemingly lesser infractions makes me somewhat skeptical about my chances.
koz, you are always the positive poster.  ;)

i would hate to lose you here. i like what you say, even if you do sound cranky many times.

please apologize (you should for your comment to be honest), and state that you will behave. cb is the better for having you here.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #934 on: November 08, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Not true. I was offered a shot at getting back in (to the CE area) once (I was sorta wishy washy with my response). And everyone knows I'm the biggest loudmouth jerk around. I am very optimistic for you and others.

« Reply #935 on: November 08, 2016, 02:10:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Not true. I was offered a shot at getting back in (to the CE area) once (I was sorta wishy washy with my response). And everyone knows I'm the biggest loudmouth jerk around. I am very optimistic for you and others.
Nah, I don't think I'll relinquish the palm on that one so easily. I guess I'm just surprised that rondohondo is still banned for posting that ostrich picture.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #936 on: November 08, 2016, 02:18:42 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I have one question for this thread. I have noticed an increase in the amount of users pumping old threads (often multiple one's on the same topic) or repeatedly bumping their own topics as a way of saying "hey i was right" or "told ya so." I kind of thought this was frowned upon if not flat out against the rules. Is this not true?

While I don't think it is the worst thing in the world, it is one of those things where if everyone starts doing it the board will become a bit of a mess and it will incite more heated and unpleasant exchanges among members.

It is indeed quite annoying, and I agree that some users are doing so as a means to prove they were right. Ideally, I'd like it if that wasn't allowed. Like you said, it just causes more harsh exchanges (something I know I'm guilty of as well).
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #937 on: November 08, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yeah, its a rule and something that, admittedly, we've probably slacked on depending on the topic.  Sometimes, its a addressed & locked while other times, if it contains any sort of relevance to the something in the present, it may be left open.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #938 on: November 08, 2016, 03:06:11 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
This was a very entertaining thread. The LB bashing, I'm dying. Let the man be! Also, I learned a few things about the rules here. Good to know for the future.

« Reply #939 on: November 09, 2016, 04:12:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Since it's now been 24+ hours and my PM hasn't even been acknowledged, I assume my case is not being considered?

« Reply #940 on: November 10, 2016, 06:18:43 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Since it's now been 24+ hours and my PM hasn't even been acknowledged, I assume my case is not being considered?

That's not a safe assumption. People have lives, and 24 hours isn't always doable, especially if it's a matter that needs input from other staff members.

In this case, I didn't receive a PM. No idea if any other staff members did, but it hasn't been brought to my attention.  Please send it again to the Roy H. address.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #941 on: November 10, 2016, 10:18:58 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

That's not a safe assumption. People have lives, and 24 hours isn't always doable, especially if it's a matter that needs input from other staff members.

In this case, I didn't receive a PM. No idea if any other staff members did, but it hasn't been brought to my attention.  Please send it again to the Roy H. address.
Will do. It's kind of hard to tell whether these things get through, since the "Sent Message" folder doesn't seem to populate -- and you in particular actually have multiple, similarly looking handles (I suspect the old one is defunct at this stage).

« Reply #942 on: November 12, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

I'm 100% behind you, Koz.  What surprised me is that the management doesn't even extend the most basic courtesy of notifying one that one has been banned; you're expected to figure that out on your own.  Pretty poor way to run a forum or sub-forum. 

« Reply #943 on: April 04, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Who banned me from the game threads and why? Do i need to start a new thread here on this? I hardly post here anymore. The game thread was my and other friends favorite forum. I am almost sure i have not posted in game thread in 2 years? Can we get this removed please? Thanks!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #944 on: April 04, 2017, 03:27:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Who banned me from the game threads and why? Do i need to start a new thread here on this? I hardly post here anymore. The game thread was my and other friends favorite forum. I am almost sure i have not posted in game thread in 2 years? Can we get this removed please? Thanks!

Repeated swearing, antagonistic behavior toward other posters, and rooting for injury to opposing players.

Any reinstatement requires a commitment to follow our rules.