Author Topic: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions  (Read 450293 times)

Re: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions
« Reply #900 on: September 30, 2016, 10:04:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Larbrd is great some times and overbearing to some
At other times. I don't think everyone ignoring him solves anything but maybe I am wrong

« Reply #901 on: September 30, 2016, 10:06:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
It's against my religion to swear to God, but I swear to God this thread used to mean something

« Reply #902 on: September 30, 2016, 10:07:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'd like to briefly chime in to declare that I am the best poster on CB.  Thanks for reading.

Whatever yourself, pal! I thought this was the "All Narcissism" thread.  ;)

Aside: Rachel McAdams forever stole my heart in The Notebook. What a dreamboat.

I liked her in Wedding Crashers, too, though the crazy redhead definitely gets my vote for that movie.

« Reply #903 on: September 30, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
At other times. I don't think everyone ignoring him solves anything but maybe I am wrong
made me less aggravated while scrolling through a few threads so it solved something   ;D

« Reply #904 on: September 30, 2016, 11:28:14 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
made me less aggravated while scrolling through a few threads so it solved something   ;D

So how does that work? You don't see any of the ignored person's posts? What about quoted sections where they're involved? Do you just miss the entire post or just their sections of involvement with it?

Also, do they not see posts from you, too?

« Reply #905 on: October 01, 2016, 01:18:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

So how does that work? You don't see any of the ignored person's posts? What about quoted sections where they're involved? Do you just miss the entire post or just their sections of involvement with it?

so far, I've only seen that person's specific posts blocked.  basically, it's a message that says you're not viewing this poster's posts but you do get the option to view the post if you click a link.  I've seen that poster's comments in a quote since blocking them which I can deal with. 

« Reply #906 on: October 01, 2016, 02:17:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

so far, I've only seen that person's specific posts blocked.  basically, it's a message that says you're not viewing this poster's posts but you do get the option to view the post if you click a link.  I've seen that poster's comments in a quote since blocking them which I can deal with.

I just blocked him too. Should be a much better experience.

« Reply #907 on: October 01, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
So half the board is gonna ignore the guy? That is just gonna make for choppy threads and a lot more quiet. I really wish everyone could have tried to meet in the middle rather than this. lb could be a little obnoxious and occasionally give an inch and other posters can try to prove him wrong less (myself included)

« Reply #908 on: October 01, 2016, 03:44:25 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I'd like to briefly chime in to declare that I am the best poster on CB.  Thanks for reading.

Clearly we should settle this with some polls. We can then furiously debate the veracity of the polls, and speculate on whether Vladimir Putin's online drones had a hand in the outcome or not.

Whoever wins, I want you to know that I always supported you.

« Reply #909 on: October 01, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I must have become immune to some of the ridiculousness that Celticsblog has become over the last year or so when LB has turned this site into his own personal, self aggrandizing pulpit. Either that or I just dont give a flying f... about it.

Probably the latter. Mostly because I find it easy to ignore ignorance as I have gotten old and grumpy.

« Reply #910 on: October 01, 2016, 04:33:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I must have become immune to some of the ridiculousness that Celticsblog has become over the last year or so when LB has turned this site into his own personal, self aggrandizing pulpit. Either that or I just dont give a flying f... about it.

Probably the latter. Mostly because I find it easy to ignore ignorance as I have gotten old and grumpy.
You're a better man than I Nick.  kudos to your ability to stay above the fray.

« Reply #911 on: October 01, 2016, 04:38:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
So half the board is gonna ignore the guy? That is just gonna make for choppy threads and a lot more quiet. I really wish everyone could have tried to meet in the middle rather than this. lb could be a little obnoxious and occasionally give an inch and other posters can try to prove him wrong less (myself included)
Don't stress it.  This is a good thing and I fully support it as hopefully it will cut down on the amount of them trolling me in various threads.  None of my back and forth with any of those guys has been a positive experience for me or added to my Celtic fandom, so I'm a bit excited at the prospect of dealing with them less.  In general, those guys were ignoring what I was writing anyways in favor of cherry-picking quotes to incite drama.  All this will do is hopefully cut down on the amount of their trollish behavior, given that if they can maintain the self control to keep me on their ignore list, they will not be able to see a lot of my posts.  Any attempts to directly bait me into an argument at that point would be an admission they are going out of their way to unhide my opinions so they can have the LarBrd33 fix they so desperately miss. 

Really, though, I'm skeptical that it will completely eliminate their behavior as a massive chunk of my posts (like this one, perhaps) get quoted by members of this forum that actually want to engage in various well-intentioned discussions.  And given that the "ignorers" will be able to still see these nested quote threads regardless of whether or not they have opted out of seeing my direct posts, it's questionable whether they will have the willpower to avoid jumping into those discussions to submarine threads with their transparent ax-grindy agendas.   We'll see, though.   I hope for the best.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:06:12 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #912 on: October 01, 2016, 08:16:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I guess. Board probably already a bit more dead

« Reply #913 on: October 01, 2016, 08:20:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Don't stress it.  This is a good thing and I fully support it as hopefully it will cut down on the amount of them trolling me in various threads.  None of my back and forth with any of those guys has been a positive experience for me or added to my Celtic fandom, so I'm a bit excited at the prospect of dealing with them less.  In general, those guys were ignoring what I was writing anyways in favor of cherry-picking quotes to incite drama.  All this will do is hopefully cut down on the amount of their trollish behavior, given that if they can maintain the self control to keep me on their ignore list, they will not be able to see a lot of my posts.  Any attempts to directly bait me into an argument at that point would be an admission they are going out of their way to unhide my opinions so they can have the LarBrd33 fix they so desperately miss. 

Really, though, I'm skeptical that it will completely eliminate their behavior as a massive chunk of my posts (like this one, perhaps) get quoted by members of this forum that actually want to engage in various well-intentioned discussions.  And given that the "ignorers" will be able to still see these nested quote threads regardless of whether or not they have opted out of seeing my direct posts, it's questionable whether they will have the willpower to avoid jumping into those discussions to submarine threads with their transparent ax-grindy agendas.   We'll see, though.   I hope for the best.

I'm interested in seeing how this works, too. You're in a ton of the basketball threads, even game threads, so it could make for some issues along the comment lines.

« Reply #914 on: October 01, 2016, 08:54:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'm interested in seeing how this works, too. You're in a ton of the basketball threads, even game threads, so it could make for some issues along the comment lines.
You'll notice no difference.  Those people already weren't paying attention to the things I was saying even if they were reading my posts.  Now hopefully I can share my observations in peace without having to deal with their tomfoolery.  It's a win for everyone.