Author Topic: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions  (Read 450132 times)

Re: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions
« Reply #825 on: September 14, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I'm supportive of whoever locked the Brit Griner/man thing. I don't see that going to a good or right place. I'm not sure if that's a specific rule, but then again I don't care if it is or not

I support your support.
Yup

« Reply #826 on: September 14, 2013, 10:00:07 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I'm supportive of whoever locked the Brit Griner/man thing. I don't see that going to a good or right place. I'm not sure if that's a specific rule, but then again I don't care if it is or not

I support your support.

I support your support of eja's support.

« Reply #827 on: September 14, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I support your support.

someone support this quick

« Reply #828 on: September 14, 2013, 10:57:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I support your support.

Yup

« Reply #829 on: September 15, 2013, 01:46:46 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Agreed. Not a big fan of drive-by trolling.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #830 on: September 15, 2013, 02:05:49 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I support it too.  With a simple picture and no context, it comes across mean spirited.  We'll inevitably circle back on it in a couple years if she once again finds an excuse to bail on Team USA... and everyone once again starts questioning if she's avoiding Olympic gender testing and a Caster Semenya-esque hermaphroditism controversy.  But until then... let's all be gentlemen and table this discussion.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:15:46 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #831 on: September 15, 2013, 02:51:59 AM »

fitzhickey

That said, I prefer that 14 year olds don't post.
my heart has been shattered  :'(

« Reply #832 on: September 15, 2013, 07:20:30 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I locked it yesterday because I failed to see any instance where that thread would go anywhere productive.  Nothing good was going to come out of that thread and it did seem to just troll for attention.

Sorry, I didn't post a comment when I locked it. Probably should have.  It was just clearcut to me and I was in the midst of watching college football.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #833 on: February 07, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
my thread "this just in" in the entertainment section was locked for no apparent reason ? can i get an explanation for this ??
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #834 on: February 07, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Stuff & Things
I locked it yesterday because I failed to see any instance where that thread would go anywhere productive.  Nothing good was going to come out of that thread and it did seem to just troll for attention.

Sorry, I didn't post a comment when I locked it. Probably should have.  It was just clearcut to me and I was in the midst of watching college football.
i don't see your reasoning or maybe you didnt think about why i posted it. first it was in the entertainment section, if that is not noticed by the reader how is that my fault? the entertainment section is meant for entertainment. the post was a critique of ainge's trading behavior and rebuilding plan displayed humorously through a lunch time metaphor. im sad that wasnt picked up by some readers. that thread could of provided as a creative, fun outlet for celtics fans to share funny scenarios/metaphors for ainges trade behavior. SMH

« Reply #835 on: February 07, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

i don't see your reasoning or maybe you didnt think about why i posted it. first it was in the entertainment section, if that is not noticed by the reader how is that my fault? the entertainment section is meant for entertainment. the post was a critique of ainge's trading behavior and rebuilding plan displayed humorously through a lunch time metaphor. im sad that wasnt picked up by some readers. that thread could of provided as a creative, fun outlet for celtics fans to share funny scenarios/metaphors for ainges trade behavior. SMH

You realize that Donaghus' reply was from five months ago, and not your question today, right?

« Reply #836 on: February 07, 2014, 01:21:51 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Stuff & Things

You realize that Donaghus' reply was from five months ago, and not your question today, right?
whos counting anyways am i right?

« Reply #837 on: November 05, 2015, 12:18:51 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
This thread seems to be the closest thing to an FAQ, so...

I'm a season ticket holder and often have games that I'm not going to attend, so I resell them (face or below). I was thinking about putting a link in my signature to a post in the "ticket resale" forum with availability (I'd update the same post so there weren't a million of them.). One of the signature rules, however is, "May not contain any pricing, sales, product, etc. details." Didn't know if that included Celtics tix. I figure that people here might be interested and we could both avoid ridiculous Ticketmaster surcharges.

Thanks,
Mike

« Reply #838 on: November 05, 2015, 12:31:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I'm a season ticket holder and often have games that I'm not going to attend, so I resell them (face or below). I was thinking about putting a link in my signature to a post in the "ticket resale" forum with availability (I'd update the same post so there weren't a million of them.). One of the signature rules, however is, "May not contain any pricing, sales, product, etc. details." Didn't know if that included Celtics tix. I figure that people here might be interested and we could both avoid ridiculous Ticketmaster surcharges.

Thanks,
Mike

My hunch is that the spirit behind that rule is to prevent people promoting things from outside of the site, but it's smart of you to ask a mod to be sure. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #839 on: November 05, 2015, 12:56:24 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Thanks,
Mike

My hunch is that the spirit behind that rule is to prevent people promoting things from outside of the site, but it's smart of you to ask a mod to be sure.

Thanks. That was my thought, also, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Mike