Author Topic: Could Danny rip off Wallace? C's - Grizzlies trade  (Read 12423 times)

Re: Could Danny rip off Wallace? C's - Grizzlies trade
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
According to reports, Wallace has become increasingly difficult to make trade with due to backlash he received from the Gasol trade.

Poor baby!  He should be happy to still have a job after being on the losing end of one of the most one-sided trades in the history of all sports.

Just to remind everyone, Wallace traded Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittendon, Aaron McKie, the rights to Marc Gasol and 1st round picks in 2008 and 2010.

Mike

Marc Gasol will be a top 5 center in this league. I really feel like this trade wasn’t any more one-sided as the KG-Big Al deal.

Except for the fact that Minnesota did get talent from it. Big Al I would say is a top 10 pf, borderline western all-star (all-star on east) when he is healthy, not so lopsided my friend. Memphis took a chance on Marc Gasol who wasnt in the league yet, no one knew he would be as good as he is.

There is nothing remaining in Minny from the Garnett trade. The Grizz have pieces to show for it. Hard to call the KG trade better for the Wolves than the Gasol deal was for Mem.

That's just because of injuries. Players in their early 20s with multiple 20/10 years are very hard to find.

Injuries? Every player traded to the Wolves for Garnett has been traded or let go -- including the one I assume you’re referring to (Jefferson) who was recently given away for nothing. So much for hard to find.

If you’re suggesting that the Wolves traded Jefferson due to injury, you’re missing the point of the fact that they chose to rebuild around Love, not Al.

There's essentially no argument for the concept that the Wolves trade of Garrnett was even remotely a good one.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Celtics should offer Bradley and Gody for Xavier and one of Hamed or Demarre. Memphis saves plenty cash, and can save face too. They essentially swap for a guard who picked just a couple players later and fits more of a need for them while saving a lot of money. They also get another forward who can play both the 3 or 4 and looks to be a whole lot better than either Ham or Demarre (based on his play in Orlando SL). Of course, cash and a pick would probably be thrown in as well.
Unless that other player that Danny was refering to during draft night was Xavier Henry and he thinks a whole lot more about Henry than he does Bradley, this makes no sense.

Danny was thrilled to get Bradley. He isn't giving him up and a guy that he got late in the second round that had a stellar Summer league for a player drafted 3 spots higher than Bradley who Danny might not even think they much more highly of than Bradley.

I think he would do Harangody and a protected future 1st rounder.

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Does anyone else find it interesting that TA hasn't officially signed a contract with Memphis yet? Seems to me the possibility if a S&T with Memphis is growing, though not necessarily for Henry
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Celtics should offer Bradley and Gody for Xavier and one of Hamed or Demarre. Memphis saves plenty cash, and can save face too. They essentially swap for a guard who picked just a couple players later and fits more of a need for them while saving a lot of money. They also get another forward who can play both the 3 or 4 and looks to be a whole lot better than either Ham or Demarre (based on his play in Orlando SL). Of course, cash and a pick would probably be thrown in as well.
Unless that other player that Danny was refering to during draft night was Xavier Henry and he thinks a whole lot more about Henry than he does Bradley, this makes no sense.

Danny was thrilled to get Bradley. He isn't giving him up and a guy that he got late in the second round that had a stellar Summer league for a player drafted 3 spots higher than Bradley who Danny might not even think they much more highly of than Bradley.

I think he would do Harangody and a protected future 1st rounder.

I think Gody and a future protected first for Xavier is an unlubed offer at best.  Regardless of what Danny believes, I believe Xavier fits this team much better than Bradley and I would say yes to swap of Xavier for Bradley every day of the week and twice on Sundays. In my opinion, the trade I proposed would likely be turned down by Memphis, not Danny. 

As for Danny's expressed excitment after the draft, what else was he going to say? All GMs around the league essentially said the same thing as Danny did after the draft. It is GM-speak to pump up the fanbase and the player's value.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
According to reports, Wallace has become increasingly difficult to make trade with due to backlash he received from the Gasol trade.

Poor baby!  He should be happy to still have a job after being on the losing end of one of the most one-sided trades in the history of all sports.

Just to remind everyone, Wallace traded Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittendon, Aaron McKie, the rights to Marc Gasol and 1st round picks in 2008 and 2010.

Mike

Marc Gasol will be a top 5 center in this league. I really feel like this trade wasn’t any more one-sided as the KG-Big Al deal.

Except for the fact that Minnesota did get talent from it. Big Al I would say is a top 10 pf, borderline western all-star (all-star on east) when he is healthy, not so lopsided my friend. Memphis took a chance on Marc Gasol who wasnt in the league yet, no one knew he would be as good as he is.

There is nothing remaining in Minny from the Garnett trade. The Grizz have pieces to show for it. Hard to call the KG trade better for the Wolves than the Gasol deal was for Mem.

That's just because of injuries. Players in their early 20s with multiple 20/10 years are very hard to find.

Injuries? Every player traded to the Wolves for Garnett has been traded or let go -- including the one I assume you’re referring to (Jefferson) who was recently given away for nothing. So much for hard to find.

If you’re suggesting that the Wolves traded Jefferson due to injury, you’re missing the point of the fact that they chose to rebuild around Love, not Al.

There's essentially no argument for the concept that the Wolves trade of Garrnett was even remotely a good one.

Just because a new GM came in and got rid of everyone doesn't mean the trade wasn't a good move to make.

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 05:57:37 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Mike

Just because a new GM came in and got rid of everyone doesn't mean the trade wasn't a good move to make.

The other reason the Memphis trade was worse is that they could have squeezed LA for so much more, especially because Bynum had just gone down.