Author Topic: Could Danny rip off Wallace? C's - Grizzlies trade  (Read 12417 times)

Could Danny rip off Wallace? C's - Grizzlies trade
« on: July 19, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
The Grizzlies are hardballing on Xavier Henry

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/grizzlies-play-hardball-with-xavier-henry-for-no-good-reason.php

Seems like they picked him just in case they couldn't resign Rudy Gay... and they are trying to save 336,700$.

Could Danny work something like a S&T for Tony (if it's still possible) or a straight trade?

like:

S&T TA+ rights to Luke Harangody+cash+future picks for Haddadi+Demarre Carroll+rights to Xavier Henry

Shreck+rights to Luke H+cash+future picks for
Haddadi+Darrell Arthur+rights to Xavier Henry

Sheed+rights to Luke H+cash+future picks for
Thabeet+Demarre Carroll+rights to Xavier Henry

Well, if they are trying to save money, and given that Chris Wallace is the kind of GM he is... could any of this (or anything similar) work? It will keep them under the tax, allowing them to get money next july, right? Not that I don't like Luke Harangody, but Memphis would save money with him, being a second rounder, and his stock is high right now.

Xavier Henry wouldn't help a lot this year (maybe I'm wrong), but he could be a big asset to trade in the future, and the other players (Carroll,Haddadi,Arthur) could become useful in the future, either developing or trading them. If it was Thabeet, he could become a future rotation piece.

Is there any chance?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:49:41 PM by aporel#18 »

Re: Could Danny take advantage on Wallace ? C's - Grizzlies trade
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
I dont wanna see BBD go anywhere personally =/
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

Re: Could Danny rip off Wallace? C's - Grizzlies trade
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:09:09 PM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
I had the same thought. I would definitely take Henry in a S&T for TA. If we could add a big in the process with Sheed's deal, even better. Not sure I would trade BBD for Arthur. That has to be a net minus.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:17:51 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I dont know why Chris Wallace would do this...oh wait never mind I do. ;)

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8
Holy crap..the thought of xavier henry on this team, toooo exciting  :o
I bleed Green

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:20:49 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Chris Wallace likes to screw the Celtics, not help them.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 11:32:47 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Avery, after he clears the no-trade time period, would probably be the piece Memphis would want in return. I think Xavier would be a perfect, young building-block. His shooting, size, and general game fits with Rondo and the C's system. Also, he will be ready when it is time to take over for Allen and Pierce in a few years. Learning under them would not hurt either as he could get minutes behind both players. I'd be very happy if there was some way to make it work. Memphis' owner is such a cheap you-know-what that I feel bad for Wallace. He always seems to end up with this type of owner, however, so it is his own fault for taking the job.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 11:43:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This is one of the dumbest things I have heard of in negotiating with a first round draft pick. I would expect it of Donald Sterling or George Shinn but I simply can't believe that after overspending by millions on Rudy Gay, Michael Heisley is making a stand at fiscal responsibility over a few hundred thousand dollars with Xavier Henry.

I would offer them next year's first round pick and the right's to Luke Harangody for the rights to Henry and see if they would bite.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
According to reports, Wallace has become increasingly difficult to make trade with due to backlash he received from the Gasol trade.

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 12:09:50 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
I don't believe this would be a S/T option.  IMO, you could probably trade Bradley and future 2nd round pick for Henry. 

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 12:18:22 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I would offer them next year's first round pick and the right's to Luke Harangody for the rights to Henry and see if they would bite.

Sure that's a deal you'd easily do, and i agree it's probably the offer. If a s-n-t for TA would work, you could potentially add another guy they don't feel like paying, like Haddidi. Lord knows we need the rebounding.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If Danny could find a way to get this done it would be his first truly impressive move of the offseason. So far Danny hasn't really done sqwat with the off-season, IMO. Sure resigning Pierce and Ray, but other than that nothing really note worthy.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'd love thabeet, mostly because of the endless "We got Thabeet" jokes.

Xavier Henry Trade
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »

Offline wvuceltics

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
So according to reports the Grizzlies and rookie draft pick from Kansas Xavier Henry are not close in their contract negotiations. This got me thinking because the grizzlies have a surplus at the sg/sf position. They have Rudy Gay, O.J Mayo, newly acquired Tony Allen , along with second year up and comer Sam Young along with rookie Greivis Vasquez. What I was thinking was (and im not sure if this work money wise) we trade Rasheed expiring contract to memphis in exchange for Henry. He would be a nice young piece to put behind Pierce and Ray. I know people want a veteran swingman but this kid has an NBA body and can probably contribute right away. It would also leave us a very nice young nucleus of players with Rondo, Bradley and Perkins. Your thoughts?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68221/20100718/henry_grizzlies_still_disagree_on_deal/

Re: Xavier Henry Trade
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
So according to reports the Grizzlies and rookie draft pick from Kansas Xavier Henry are not close in their contract negotiations. This got me thinking because the grizzlies have a surplus at the sg/sf position. They have Rudy Gay, O.J Mayo, newly acquired Tony Allen , along with second year up and comer Sam Young along with rookie Greivis Vasquez. What I was thinking was (and im not sure if this work money wise) we trade Rasheed expiring contract to memphis in exchange for Henry. He would be a nice young piece to put behind Pierce and Ray. I know people want a veteran swingman but this kid has an NBA body and can probably contribute right away. It would also leave us a very nice young nucleus of players with Rondo, Bradley and Perkins. Your thoughts?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68221/20100718/henry_grizzlies_still_disagree_on_deal/

Even though they aren't close to getting a deal done, surely you would have to offer them something more than cap relief