Author Topic: the front page of celticsblog is the only reason a feeling of panic happens.  (Read 10040 times)

Offline IBLEEDGREEN30

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
the front page is too [dang] over dramatic whenever anything happens. its crazy. long stories, quotes, it actually makes celtics fans look over the top emotional and ****y.

for instance, we ****ing know pierce isn't happy with the moves. why would you write long stories 2 days in a row about that for the front page? dramatic or what? jesus.

let it go. we will be fine.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:04:02 AM by IBLEEDGREEN30 »
"Antoine.. For The Game.. GOT IT.. OFF THE GLASS!!! WITH 1.2 ON THE CLOCK!!! THE CELTS ARE UP BY 1!!!!!... AN-TOINE WALKER BANKS IT HOME!!!!

- Mike Gorman After Antoine Walker banks in the go ahead 3 point shot off the class in Los Angeles. February 2002.

Kiorrik

It's called blogging. Don't like it, don't read it.

Besides, most people then to like to read the articles. They offer information, insight into the organization and different points of view.

I, for one, love it.

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Besides, most people then to like to read the articles. They offer information, insight into the organization and different points of view.

I, for one, love it.

You love being doomed to wallow the earth as a fan of a team who cannot add bench depth and is destined to be... hm. doomed and then we all panic and doomy things happen?

But yea, I love all of Celticsblog, frontpage included but I'm not gonna lie I don't really read a lot of the articles. The forums are pretty much where I make my bed and sleep. Actually, that's a lie.. I don't sleep. So I guess the forums are just where I chill and watch TV and stuff.

Offline IBLEEDGREEN30

• Xavier Tillman
its cool sometimes the people who post on the front page act like they are the overall opinion of celtic nation.. and its simply not true.

nobody up here was worried about pierce resigning, and we had a huge story about if pierce leaves blah blah blah.

nobody here has to agree with me. the stories won't stop so its a pointless thread, but [dang]. no need to be so emotional.
"Antoine.. For The Game.. GOT IT.. OFF THE GLASS!!! WITH 1.2 ON THE CLOCK!!! THE CELTS ARE UP BY 1!!!!!... AN-TOINE WALKER BANKS IT HOME!!!!

- Mike Gorman After Antoine Walker banks in the go ahead 3 point shot off the class in Los Angeles. February 2002.

Kiorrik

I, for one, love it.

You love being doomed to wallow the earth as a fan of a team who cannot add bench depth and is destined to be... hm. doomed and then we all panic and doomy things happen?

But yea, I love all of Celticsblog, frontpage included but I'm not gonna lie I don't really read a lot of the articles. The forums are pretty much where I make my bed and sleep. Actually, that's a lie.. I don't sleep. So I guess the forums are just where I chill and watch TV and stuff.
... soooo... you agree with the OP? You think the Blog is a bit "doomy"? I don't quite agree, but that's just me.

I'm not going to say I read *all* the articles, but I do read a lot of 'm, and I think it just tells the truth & some points of view. Hardly doom-saying.

And I do believe Danny will come up with some good moves before all is said and done :D

Kiorrik

its cool sometimes the people who post on the front page act like they are the overall opinion of celtic nation.. and its simply not true.

nobody up here was worried about pierce resigning, and we had a huge story about if pierce leaves blah blah blah.

nobody here has to agree with me. the stories won't stop so its a pointless thread, but [dang]. no need to be so emotional.
I won't disagree with you on the way it was written; it's a Blog, not a news website, so there *will* be a lot of personal flavor to it.

That said, I still think we need to take it for what it is: food for discussion.

It's working too ;)

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
If you don't like it go somehere else. Personally I think most the articles are great reads and extremely informative. People put a lot of effort and thought into them clearly. So if you don't like their hard work go elsewhere for your celtics news. I'll be honest with you tho this is the best blog you'll find. And posters here might not always agree on everything but for the most part the difference between celtics fans and the rest of the league is their knowledge of the game and it's traditions. It's a breath of fresh air in these overhyped lebron James days. That might be an elitest view but I'm a proud celtics fan and a proud member of celticsblog and all the posters here despite the occasional laker troll.

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't know. Personally, I feel a little panic because players are going like hotcakes, 24/10 guys like Jefferson (who is a major upgrade over baby and a good guy to boot and give us something we majorly lack) are being given away for nothing, yet Ainge is sitting on the sheed contract like he has all the time in the world.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I, for one, love it.

I agree. This whole blog is about making our lives at bit more interesting...at least the Celtic part of our lives.  Ala the  lonely toasterette, I spend most time in the forums. But I like the front page and do read a number of the articles.

Life is good. Keep cb as is for now. :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Yes the front page of Celtics blog is also behind world hunger, most terrorist attacks, and both World Wars.

The front page is currently calculating how it will rip open the newly patched BP oil leak.

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
the front page is too [dang] over dramatic whenever anything happens. its crazy. long stories, quotes, it actually makes celtics fans look over the top emotional and ****y.

for instance, we ****ing know pierce isn't happy with the moves. why would you write long stories 2 days in a row about that for the front page? dramatic or what? jesus.

All I can say is you couldn't be more wrong.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

All I can say is you couldn't be more wrong.

Co sign
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
HA! You think celticsblog is dramatic? Go read www.redsarmy.com for a day and come back when you realize there are even more dramatic Celtics fans out there.

I for one love the healthy discussion of what we are facing in the offseason as a team...what would a blog be without any discussion? A blank screen?

In your own words:

let it go.

No one cares what you think man, we're die hards, and we're gonna talk about stuff. Don't like it? Don't read it.

And, please refrain from the language, it's not helping your cause, and it's just plain offensive and rude.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The Captain of our team just said the GM needs to "get on the ball" and largely criticized the organization's off-season plan, and you think it's CB that is driving fans to panic?

As for the blog itself, there have been two articles on Pierce's words:  a news blurb regarding the interview, and then an opinion piece.  I don't think that's overkill.  At the same time, there are stories up on how Nate re-signed and regarding why J.O. should look better next year, since he played against us with an injury. 

The main article today is about how we can fill our shortage of wings.  I don't think it's panicky at all; rather, I think it's a balanced look at what is available.  The other day, Danny said we probably needed a couple of more wing players, so focusing on that position makes sense to me.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline IBLEEDGREEN30

• Xavier Tillman
i understand everybodys opinions. i love celticsblog, i guess its just me who finds the main articles pointless sometimes. wasn't trying to start trouble but i actually don't feel very worried about this upcoming season and the roster, thats all.