Author Topic: What is going on in Phoenix?  (Read 4513 times)

Re: What is going on in Phoenix?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 11:28:16 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Trading for Turk instead of resigning STAT makes about as much sense as....  oh, selling the Rajon Rondo draft pick and instead giving Marcus Banks a five-year contract.

To be fair to Phoenix, I don't think Amare had any interest in resigning with the Suns.

The Rondo thing though you're right. Aren't you glad they did, though?

Two years ago Turkoglu was arguably the best player on an Orlando team that went to the Finals.  I wouldn't discount what he can do in a run and gun offense with Nash. 

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 12:06:54 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Trading for Turk instead of resigning STAT makes about as much sense as....  oh, selling the Rajon Rondo draft pick and instead giving Marcus Banks a five-year contract.

To be fair to Phoenix, I don't think Amare had any interest in resigning with the Suns.

Two years ago Turkoglu was arguably the best player on an Orlando team that went to the Finals.  I wouldn't discount what he can do in a run and gun offense with Nash. 
Running and gunning isn't Hedo's strength, he's best used to pick and roll the opposition to death.

I guess they decided they a player other than Nash to run the pick and roll....

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 01:21:27 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Turk needs the ball a lot to succeed; he's not really a spot up shooter either. We saw him run the pick and roll and handle the ball a whole lot in Orlando... I don't see him fitting with Nash. Maybe if they trade Nash and start Dragic while getting some good player in return back, then they'll be in decent shape. (IMO Dragic is a pretty good Steve Nash replacement actually-- he looked great in the playoffs last year.) In the end, just a strange unexpected move. Turk can definitely not play PF unless they're hoping to rebuild through the draft. Is Hill contemplating retirement soon?

Become Legendary.

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 02:38:45 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I think it will look more like:

Nash/Dragic
Richardson/Chidress
Hill/Childress/Dudley
Turkoglu/Warrick/Clark
Lopez/Frye

This strikes me as near the mark. But Suns could also consider starting Childress alongside Turkoglu in the frontcourt? Make Hill the first swingman off the bench. Defensively, Josh is better suited to switching on to 4s. While Grant is the better shooter and ball handler so is my personal preference for Barbosa's minutes.

Did Childress play any SG for Olympiakos? I know he did in Atlanta, particularly early in his career.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 02:41:03 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
The Suns don't even have a GM in place right now, do they?

They're totally screwed, in my opinion. Hedo is four more years of expensive dead weight (says the guy who watched 50 Raptors games this year) and Nash's fountain-of-youth routine won't last forever. I wish they'd trade Nash to a contender.

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 04:10:48 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Running and gunning isn't Hedo's strength, he's best used to pick and roll the opposition to death.

I guess they decided they a player other than Nash to run the pick and roll....

Then he can be the trailing shooter in the run and gun, and if there isn’t a quick option they and swing it to him for the pick and roll. Hedo was an excellent 6th man type of guy in his Sac days. I think he could get people singing his praise again out west.

They should probably get C-Webb in there instead of Warrick though.