Author Topic: David Kahn really is an idiot (as we all know)! Interview on NBA TV with C-Webb  (Read 20728 times)

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You really got to ask yourself what Kahn was thinking. First, he goes on babbling about breakfasts and lunches (What?!), then he proclaims Darko the greatest passing big man ever.

I don't really see what the problem with Webber's reaction was. Kahn was lucky it wasn't Chuck that he was talking to.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Gary Payton and Chris webber working together was kind of must see tv.

That was terrible!  I barely could stand to watch NBA TV with those two!  All they did was keep talking about themselves and sound like complete dumb *****.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I really don't see a problem with what Webber was saying.  It really was stupid of Kahn to compare Darko to C-Webb, who was pretty much a 20-10 machine right out of college.

He just asked what Kahn saw in Darko to give him that contract, and then Kahn just starts talking nonsense about him being the best-passing big man, etc.  The guy has no clue.

Yes but sometimes it is best to keep your mouth shut and go along with it.  Webber's never had a sense of that ever.

Why should he keep his mouth shut?  I hate boring "yes" men commentators who eat up anything anyone says.  If you make a statement like that you should be called out, especially if you're being paid to evaluate basketball talent.

There's a reason people like Barkley.  Even if he isn't right or even sensical, he has opinions and that's interesting.  Weber is the same, and usually more sound with his logic.  I'm a fan.

Did you watch NBA TV when C-Webb and Gary Payton worked together?

That was a little much, but mainly because Gary Payton was not good on TV.  Entertaining, but a bit much.  Again, I love opionated guys but you can't have everyone on your broadcast team be that kind of guy.

And he isn't paid to be polite.  He wasn't really rude either.  Anyone who is a basketball mind and a player would probably have about the same tone and ask the same questions.  I mean he made it a little confrontational right off the bat, but imagine Barkley in that situation?  I like it personally, a lot of people want to ask Kahn these questions so good on C-Webb, who is one of the only people who will probably be given the chance, to ask the real questions people want to hear.  He shouldn't be there to make a puff piece for David Kahn and the T-Wolves.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

That was terrible!  I barely could stand to watch NBA TV with those two!  All they did was keep talking about themselves and sound like complete dumb asses.
I kind of meant must see in a watching a train wreck kind of way. To me it was so bad it was funny However, if thats not your sense of humor I can get how it would be painful.

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I don't really see what the problem with Webber's reaction was. Kahn was lucky it wasn't Chuck that he was talking to.

Because he could have been polite and just let it go.

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

That was terrible!  I barely could stand to watch NBA TV with those two!  All they did was keep talking about themselves and sound like complete dumb asses.
I kind of meant must see in a watching a train wreck kind of way. To me it was so bad it was funny However, if thats not your sense of humor I can get how it would be painful.

Like Dante and Gelante funny?  I found that terrible too.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Which part of it did he not let go?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Which part of it did he not let go?

How about the whole thing.  And he is still not letting it go.  Did you not watch the interview?  Don't ever put me in the same sentence as Darko Millicic.  That's just one of his responses.  He knew what Kahn was getting at and could have just responded politely. 

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
How about the whole thing.  And he is still not letting it go.  Did you not watch the interview?  Don't ever put me in the same sentence as Darko Millicic.  That's just one of his responses.  He knew what Kahn was getting at and could have just responded politely. 
That's basically his _only_ response. Which is a pretty polite way to handle a disrespectful idiot.

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
That's basically his _only_ response. Which is a pretty polite way to handle a disrespectful idiot.

He could have just said nothing lol.  Also he sounded like an **** with the Divac comparison even though that was a terrible comparison from Kahn.  I don't see why C-Webb just couldn't have been quiet and went along with it.

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
They're  talking about it on PTI right now lol.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
How about the whole thing.  And he is still not letting it go.  Did you not watch the interview?  Don't ever put me in the same sentence as Darko Millicic.  That's just one of his responses.  He knew what Kahn was getting at and could have just responded politely.
kahn wasn't being disrespectful to CWebb at all.  And he wasn't comparing CWebb to Darko at all, merely was trying to connect with CWebb's own personal experience about getting comfortable and maturing the longer he was in the NBA.  It is what you are supposed to do when talking with someone i.e. try to connect with them on a level they know and understand.

CWebb was a complete and utter **** about it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
How about the whole thing.  And he is still not letting it go.  Did you not watch the interview?  Don't ever put me in the same sentence as Darko Millicic.  That's just one of his responses.  He knew what Kahn was getting at and could have just responded politely.
kahn wasn't being disrespectful to CWebb at all.  And he wasn't comparing CWebb to Darko at all, merely was trying to connect with CWebb's own personal experience about getting comfortable and maturing the longer he was in the NBA.  It is what you are supposed to do when talking with someone i.e. try to connect with them on a level they know and understand.

No Kahn was trying to use Webber as a comparison but my point is Webber didn't have to be such an **** about it he could have just let it go and let Kahn answer the question.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

No Kahn was trying to use Webber as a comparison but my point is Webber didn't have to be such an **** about it he could have just let it go and let Kahn answer the question.
only in the sense that it takes time to develop and mature and really get comfortable, which is clearly what Kahn said and what he was getting at.  He couldn't be clearer when he said their careers weren't mirrors.  I think the reality is CWebb just isn't smart enough (he is a wolverine and not a buckeye afterall) to understand the subtlety of what Kahn was saying and let his outward **** tendencies take over. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

only in the sense that it takes time to develop and mature and really get comfortable, which is clearly what Kahn said and what he was getting at.  He couldn't be clearer when he said their careers weren't mirrors.  I think the reality is CWebb just isn't smart enough (he is a wolverine and not a buckeye afterall) to understand the subtlety of what Kahn was saying and let his outward **** tendencies take over. 

I think Chris knew what Kahn was getting at, but was just to ignorant to not let the comparison go and let Kahn answer his question on why he signed Darko.