Author Topic: David Kahn really is an idiot (as we all know)! Interview on NBA TV with C-Webb  (Read 20798 times)

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
You guys, jw, how do you post a video?  I forgot lol.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am now convinced that if I take all of my posts here at Celticsblog and send them as a resume to the Minnesota ownership that I could get the job to replace David Kahn AND do a better job at rebuilding the Timberwolves than he could.

The man is incompetent and an idiot

Darko's passing is equal to that of Vlade Dviac??

His early struggles are comparable to those of C-Webb before getting to the Kings??

What is this man thinking!!!!!

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
And this guy just signed ANOTHER PG! Does he know how to read a depth chart?  He stocks up on SFs and PGs at an unbelievable rate.  I can't understand it for the life of me.

That's because he's now potentially interested in dumping Johnny Flynn.  It boggles the mind.

The Twolves should have a young roster of:

C: Big Al / Pekovic
PF: Kevin Love
SF: Michael Beasley
SG: Stephen Curry
PG: Ricky Rubio (in the future)

That's a very intriguing young team that has first-tier talent (even though Love never should have been drafted.)  However, by taking Flynn and trading Big Al for nothing, the team really doomed itself.

It's especially [dang]ing because I don't see cap space as a big value to this team.  Top Free Agents aren't really lining up to go to Minnesota.  Like Oklahoma City, they should be stockpiling young talent and draft picks in a small market, which they are doing to a degree, but in really stupid and redundant ways.  And they bring in guys like Ridnour, who isn't bad, but is only taking away opportunities for guys like Flynn... it's just confusing.  

Usually with bad GM moves I can at least see what they were thinking.  Like they're putting too much stock in mediocre or old players.  That's bad but I can at least possibly understand it.  With Minnesota I can't get a lot of their moves.

Also, Wes Johnson ahead of Cousins will be looked back on as the giant mistake it was.  Kahn is truly a joke.

Yeah, true, I didn't even address this year's draft.  I'm just not sure what Kahn sees in mediocre Syracuse guys.

I'm really unsure of Flynn in the NBA, don't know what to make of him really, but with Johnson I'm pretty confident at best we're talking a 6th man on a good team. And he really reminds me of Corey Brewer who's on this [dang] team! I'd say he trades some offense for some defensive ability by they are very similar and play the same position.

Cousins is possibly a franchise center with Shaq like skills and jump shooting ability. Alright he's a bit of a headcase maybe but guys like that don't come around often enough and his potential is so huge.  In this years draft there is no excuse to not take Cousins there, at least for the value.  Passing on him was a terrible, terrible mistake I believe. Worse than trading Al Jefferson.  At least they got some draft picks and a big man prospect for him.  They took a redundant player and passed on a very possible franchise big.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
They should have hired Chaka Khan to run that team...  ::)

I feel for you, Minnesota.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Yeah it was funny how Kahn was trying to compare C-Webb and Darko and Webb went on the defensive. LOL

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
And this guy just signed ANOTHER PG! Does he know how to read a depth chart?  He stocks up on SFs and PGs at an unbelievable rate.  I can't understand it for the life of me.

That's because he's now potentially interested in dumping Johnny Flynn.  It boggles the mind.

The Twolves should have a young roster of:

C: Big Al / Pekovic
PF: Kevin Love
SF: Michael Beasley
SG: Stephen Curry
PG: Ricky Rubio (in the future)

That's a very intriguing young team that has first-tier talent (even though Love never should have been drafted.)  However, by taking Flynn and trading Big Al for nothing, the team really doomed itself.
Add on to that the fact they traded away Ty Lawson, and could have drafted Omri Casspi last year and any of these guys this year DeMarcus Cousins, Damion James(excellent summer league), Luke Babbitt, James Anderson, Jordan Crawford or Lance Stephenson and you can't help but think this man is just a complete moron.

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
That team is in for some very rough years.  The Ridnour interest is just odd for a team that is several years away from competing and several pieces short of a basketball team.  The Beasley trade was good but that was practically Riley putting him on their laps.  Why would Rubio ever want to join that team.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Ridnour was good for Jennings. The only logic is that he hopes Ridnour is good for Flynn as well. Same thinking the Wizards had in bringing in Hinrich so he could help Wall like he did Rose. That's the only "logical" explanation but it would surprise me if KKAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN had other crazy reasons for making the move.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Kahn is just terrible. As good a passer as Vlade? Please. He compares Darko to Webber? Webber was hurt early but he always showed he could play.

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
Ridnour was good for Jennings. The only logic is that he hopes Ridnour is good for Flynn as well. Same thinking the Wizards had in bringing in Hinrich so he could help Wall like he did Rose. That's the only "logical" explanation but it would surprise me if KKAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN had other crazy reasons for making the move.

I was thinking the same thing until I read that he is interested in trading Flynn.  The man doesn't have a plan of attack, he just wakes up every morning and does some transactions.  It's like that crappy employee at work that wants to show his boss he is working so he spends all day putting together a pointless Excel sheet. 

Offline gileyal

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I can't stop laughing. "I know we haven't improved in terms of wins and losses but we have established a team breakfast and lunch, and renovated the locker room".

Amazing.

Does anyone know what Kahn's career path was? I'm starting to believe I genuinely have a shot at being an NBA GM.

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
OMG that was amazingly terrible...

I am often reminded:

I am so thankful that I am a Boston Celtic fan and that the team is lead by great owners/management/coaches.

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I can't stop laughing. "I know we haven't improved in terms of wins and losses but we have established a team breakfast and lunch, and renovated the locker room".

Amazing.

Does anyone know what Kahn's career path was? I'm starting to believe I genuinely have a shot at being an NBA GM.

I'm guessing he was a camp counselor?  He's already got team breakfasts and lunches.  All that's left is bringing the team to make smores by the campfire.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Kahn was a reporter in Denver I believe. I recall see PTI recently with Bob Ryan and he said this along with a stop making us look bad comment.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Too funny.  Basically the first words out of Kahn's mouth: "We haven't improved in terms of Wins and Losses, but the weight room has been improved"....  Also they have "breakfast and lunch now".  First come the scrambled eggs, then next?  The championships.  Proven formula.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford