Author Topic: David Kahn really is an idiot (as we all know)! Interview on NBA TV with C-Webb  (Read 20725 times)

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
How do you post videos?

Here is the link from Ball Don't Lie...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Chris-Webber-does-not-want-to-be-compared?urn=nba,256186#remaining-content

Lol  ;D!

C-Webb is a jerk in this interview too!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:11:24 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
just awesome. i'm more confident than every we could pry corey brewer out of the twin cities....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I feel bad for the fans of Minnesota.  At least Kevin McHale was mediocre.

Trading Big Al for a hill of beans just boggles my mind, even moreso than the Johnny Flynn pick.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
lol at C-webb at the end. "yeah.. Good luck" in a sarcastic tone lol

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Its amazing to me how some of these owners can hire such totally incompetent people to run franchises that are worth a few hundred million dollars.

You're entrusting an asset to someone who obviously doesn't have a clue and not only does he run the franchise into the ground -- he's getting paid to do it!

I thought Pitino was the benchmark for bufoonery in that regard, but Kahn I think is challenging for the title.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I like the part where Chris Webber says we are not discussing me and Darko in the same sentence.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
And this guy just signed ANOTHER PG! Does he know how to read a depth chart?  He stocks up on SFs and PGs at an unbelievable rate.  I can't understand it for the life of me.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I feel like listening to David Kahn talk for that long actually made me a dumber person.   :P

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
They should have hired Chaka Khan to run that team...  ::)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
And this guy just signed ANOTHER PG! Does he know how to read a depth chart?  He stocks up on SFs and PGs at an unbelievable rate.  I can't understand it for the life of me.

That's because he's now potentially interested in dumping Johnny Flynn.  It boggles the mind.

The Twolves should have a young roster of:

C: Big Al / Pekovic
PF: Kevin Love
SF: Michael Beasley
SG: Stephen Curry
PG: Ricky Rubio (in the future)

That's a very intriguing young team that has first-tier talent (even though Love never should have been drafted.)  However, by taking Flynn and trading Big Al for nothing, the team really doomed itself.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I feel bad for the fans of Minnesota.  At least Kevin McHale was mediocre.

Trading Big Al for a hill of beans just boggles my mind, even moreso than the Johnny Flynn pick.

What strikes me most odd about Kahn is just a complete lack of logic to any of his decisions.

Isiah Thomas was a horrific General Manager, probably the worst Pre-Kahn GM I could think of, but at least I could kind of see where he was going with his terrible decisions even when they were clearly stupid ones.

IE: When he brought Steve Francis in, you knew it couldn't work, but at the very least Steve Francis was, at that point, a pretty talented basketball player. And if somehow him and Marbury could share the ball the might have a decent team, or at least a very exciting one. It didn't work out, obviously. But again, I could see what he was going for.

Kahn doesn't evem have that. When he makes a decision, you just scratch your head trying to figure out what he's going for.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

That's because he's now potentially interested in dumping Johnny Flynn.  It boggles the mind.

That's a very intriguing young team that has first-tier talent (even though Love never should have been drafted.)  However, by taking Flynn and trading Big Al for nothing, the team really doomed itself.

It's especially [dang]ing because I don't see cap space as a big value to this team.  Top Free Agents aren't really lining up to go to Minnesota.  Like Oklahoma City, they should be stockpiling young talent and draft picks in a small market, which they are doing to a degree, but in really stupid and redundant ways.  And they bring in guys like Ridnour, who isn't bad, but is only taking away opportunities for guys like Flynn... it's just confusing.  

Usually with bad GM moves I can at least see what they were thinking.  Like they're putting too much stock in mediocre or old players.  That's bad but I can at least possibly understand it.  With Minnesota I can't get a lot of their moves.

Also, Wes Johnson ahead of Cousins will be looked back on as the giant mistake it was.  Kahn is truly a joke.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

It's especially [dang]ing because I don't see cap space as a big value to this team.  Top Free Agents aren't really lining up to go to Minnesota.  Like Oklahoma City, they should be stockpiling young talent and draft picks in a small market, which they are doing to a degree, but in really stupid and redundant ways.  And they bring in guys like Ridnour, who isn't bad, but is only taking away opportunities for guys like Flynn... it's just confusing.  

Usually with bad GM moves I can at least see what they were thinking.  Like they're putting too much stock in mediocre or old players.  That's bad but I can at least possibly understand it.  With Minnesota I can't get a lot of their moves.

Also, Wes Johnson ahead of Cousins will be looked back on as the giant mistake it was.  Kahn is truly a joke.

Yeah, true, I didn't even address this year's draft.  I'm just not sure what Kahn sees in mediocre Syracuse guys.

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
They should have hired Chaka Khan to run that team...  ::)

LOL.  She'd probably do a better job.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I like the part where Chris Webber says we are not discussing me and Darko in the same sentence.

Yeah, that was pretty funny.  Then he said he was only kidding.  No he wasn't. lol
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson