Author Topic: NCAA Basketball 2010 - 2011  (Read 36957 times)

Re: NCAA Basketball 2010 - 2011
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2011, 11:03:58 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
BC didn't deserve to be in nor belonged in the tournament.

- A BC Alum

I think it depends, the team that beat VT the second time around Deserved to be in, the team that lost to clemson didnt deserve to be in the ACC tourney.  But thats the problem when you have a team that lives and dies by the three and doesnt play much D

When you're the proverbial "bubble team" with everything to play for and you go out and lay an absolute egg with a 20+ pt loss to another bubble team, there are no more excuses.  They had everything to play for and they didn't show up. 

They put themselves in that position in the first place and fell flat on their face.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

- A BC Alum

I think it depends, the team that beat VT the second time around Deserved to be in, the team that lost to clemson didnt deserve to be in the ACC tourney.  But thats the problem when you have a team that lives and dies by the three and doesnt play much D

When you're the proverbial "bubble team" with everything to play for and you go out and lay an absolute egg with a 20+ pt loss to another bubble team, there are no more excuses.  They had everything to play for and they didn't show up. 

They put themselves in that position in the first place and fell flat on their face.

Don't get me wrong I agree, I think they deserve to be in the NIT.  And the fact that they are playing away as the number seed at mcneese state is pretty telling, but the idea that VT got snubbed and BC didnt is preposterous to me.  BC beat VT heads up twice, had a better RPI and SOS.  I don't think either team deserved to be in, I was just saying VT doesnt have a leg to stand on
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

- A BC Alum

Don't get me wrong I agree, I think they deserve to be in the NIT.  And the fact that they are playing away as the number seed at mcneese state is pretty telling, but the idea that VT got snubbed and BC didnt is preposterous to me.  BC beat VT heads up twice, had a better RPI and SOS.  I don't think either team deserved to be in, I was just saying VT doesnt have a leg to stand on

Honestly I would have rather seen Harvard get in over BC or VT.  At least the Crimson played like they wanted to go to the tournament.

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

- A BC Alum

VTech's upset of Duke in front of a national television audience is why some are up in arms about their snub.  Plus, their coach is being pretty vocal about it to anyone who will listen.

BC playing a road game as a #1 seed in the NIT is an absolute joke.  The school is doing it under the guise of "having the arena at the disposal of the men & women's hockey teams" when, in reality, DeFillipo is scared that no one would show up.  The poor thing is that the kids now have to travel to some backwoods town in LA rather than play at the comforts of home because the administration is too scared of what Conte might look like.  

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:18 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

- A BC Alum

VTech's upset of Duke in front of a national television audience is why some are up in arms about their snub.  Plus, their coach is being pretty vocal about it to anyone who will listen.

BC playing a road game as a #1 seed in the NIT is an absolute joke.  The school is doing it under the guise of "having the arena at the disposal of the men & women's hockey teams" when, in reality, DeFillipo is scared that no one would show up.  The poor thing is that the kids now have to travel to some backwoods town in LA rather than play at the comforts of home because the administration is too scared of what Conte might look like.  

Well didnt the womens hockey team just play a tournament game infront of an announced audience of 548?  I think they are worried they are going to have to take another loss on a postseason game.  Doesnt the NCAA regulate ticket prices for the postseason games so prices go up so even less people would go?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

- A BC Alum

Honestly I would have rather seen Harvard get in over BC or VT.  At least the Crimson played like they wanted to go to the tournament.

I agree with that.  That might've been the first time I've pulled for the Crimson in something.  Gotta feel for those kids to lose the way they did.

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
Gotta give credit where it's due to BC coach Steve Donahue.  From WEEI.com:

"Boston College coach Steve Donahue spoke to the media Sunday night after learning that his team was not selected for the NCAA tournament. Donahue, who accepted an invitation for the NIT, said he was saddened for his seniors but not shocked by the selection committee's decision.

"We got what we deserved. That's the bottom line," Donahue said. "We've got to work harder, we've got to do things better.""

I respect him for coming out and admitting that their fate was in their own hands and they didn't take advantage, rather than the opposite approach Seth Greenberg has taken the past 4 years.

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

- A BC Alum

Well didnt the womens hockey team just play a tournament game infront of an announced audience of 548?  I think they are worried they are going to have to take another loss on a postseason game.  Doesnt the NCAA regulate ticket prices for the postseason games so prices go up so even less people would go?

That's women hockey.  No offense to the women but my guess is that number is probably running near the average to what they draw to a game. 

I have no idea about the money but it shouldn't matter.  The school should be behind their team 100% and open their arms to hosting a game if given the opportunity.  The school shouldn't be shipping their kids off to Louisiana for a game that should be played at home.  To me, its inexcusable. 

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2011, 04:06:13 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Well Don's if BC and Northwestern advance BC will host them in the second round.  They must figure a big 10 school can draw some more interest.

http://twitter.com/WillhiteHerald/status/47681269567471617#

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2011, 04:31:15 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well Don's if BC and Northwestern advance BC will host them in the second round.  They must figure a big 10 school can draw some more interest.

http://twitter.com/WillhiteHerald/status/47681269567471617#

Of course, the one time that I want them to be on the road (considering I live in Chicago and Evanston is a short train ride away) and they decide to play home.  Ughh..    :P

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 08:04:27 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
A bit off topic, but those of you with FIOS TV in the Boston area, they've added TruTV HD in time for the NCAA tournament.  Now all games will be in HD.  Channel 683

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2011, 08:45:29 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Pretty god first of the "First Four" games going on. 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2011, 08:57:49 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
UNC Ashville just hit a three to tie it with ten seconds left!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
http://www.bcinterruption.com/2011/3/16/2053928/ncaa-tournament-bubble-burst-boston-college-harvard-virginia-tech

Pretty great article on the BC SBNation site.  Basically breaking down why Seth Greenberg needs to shut it.

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2011, 08:27:32 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Pretty stoked, just got my tickets for the Northwestern vs BC NIT game saturday morning at 11am.  Im pumped they scheduled it before the Other games are supposed to start. 

Hopefully this goes better than the BC UNC game i went to earlier this year where UNC put up over 100 on BC.