Author Topic: NCAA Basketball 2010 - 2011  (Read 36955 times)

Re: NCAA Basketball 2010 - 2011
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Crazy year. The person who wins the bracket contest this year is going to be the one who picks the games based on uniform color, mascots, favorite states, etc.

If you try to reason these games out, you're going to be out of the contest by the end of the first weekend.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 08:29:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I bet 'Cuse still gets a decent seeding, though. Sunday's selection committee will be interesting.

Hoping for a 3 seed, but I think a 4 is more likely.

And I've still got my #2 team UNC to root for, so all's well.  My favorite time of basketball season, no offense to the NBA. 

Well, Cuse got their 3 seed, but they're facing a possible Sweet 16 game against UNC.  Should be a nice house divided game with the fiancee and a lot of my friends on each side.  Hope it goes down that way.

But what is with the two lowest #1 seeds (Pitt and Duke) having the two easiest brackets?  Never know how it'll shake out but Ohio St and Kansas seem to have much tougher roads ahead of them.

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 08:41:17 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I bet 'Cuse still gets a decent seeding, though. Sunday's selection committee will be interesting.

Hoping for a 3 seed, but I think a 4 is more likely.

And I've still got my #2 team UNC to root for, so all's well.  My favorite time of basketball season, no offense to the NBA. 

Well, Cuse got their 3 seed, but they're facing a possible Sweet 16 game against UNC.  Should be a nice house divided game with the fiancee and a lot of my friends on each side.  Hope it goes down that way.

But what is with the two lowest #1 seeds (Pitt and Duke) having the two easiest brackets?  Never know how it'll shake out but Ohio St and Kansas seem to have much tougher roads ahead of them.

That's interesting...I haven't seen the brackets yet, but it seems funny that Duke gets a seemingly easy bracket. There have been some rumblings in the past about their placements.

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 11:08:02 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Without studying the bracket yet... I'm going with Duke to repeat.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 12:12:56 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Without studying the bracket yet... I'm going with Duke to repeat.
I'm a Duke fan. But I don't see this going down. One game where the 3 isn't going down and it's over with. I never thought in a million years I'd say this....... they need Zoubek to win.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This has got to be, without question, one of the most frustrating, perplexing seedings that the NCAA has had in recent memory ... I am absolutely dumbfounded at some of these picks. The people responsible either know absolutely nothing about college basketball, or were secretly drugged en masse before making the decisions. :P
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
This has got to be, without question, one of the most frustrating, perplexing seedings that the NCAA has had in recent memory ... I am absolutely dumbfounded at some of these picks. The people responsible either know absolutely nothing about college basketball, or were secretly drugged en masse before making the decisions. :P

Very questionable "First Four" at large selections and questionable seedings for some of the teams in the bracket.

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Exactly. Some weird pairing, seedings, ahh who knows.

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I haven't seen a year like this since the 'Melo/Cuse run in '03. 

No super teams and big enough question marks with the top seeds where it really might come down to whoever is the hottest team and, not necessarily, the best team or close to best team on paper. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Very questionable "First Four" at large selections and questionable seedings for some of the teams in the bracket.

I'd agree that UAB and VCU getting in over say, Colorado, Virginia Tech, or Saint Mary's is surprising.  But I'm so tired of all these coaches whining and crying every time their team isn't picked.  Seth Greenberg does it every year, and St. Mary's coach Randy Bennett was shown on SportsCenter last night griping.

These teams all had ample opportunities to show they belonged in the tournament, and they all lost games they should have (or needed to) win.  VT got the huge win against Duke, then choked at home against BC.  St. Mary's lost to San Diego, which according to the experts is one of the worst teams in D1 this year.  If you want to go to the tournament so bad, win the games you need to win.

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:41 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I'd agree that UAB and VCU getting in over say, Colorado, Virginia Tech, or Saint Mary's is surprising.  But I'm so tired of all these coaches whining and crying every time their team isn't picked.  Seth Greenberg does it every year, and St. Mary's coach Randy Bennett was shown on SportsCenter last night griping.

These teams all had ample opportunities to show they belonged in the tournament, and they all lost games they should have (or needed to) win.  VT got the huge win against Duke, then choked at home against BC.  St. Mary's lost to San Diego, which according to the experts is one of the worst teams in D1 this year.  If you want to go to the tournament so bad, win the games you need to win.

BC Swept VT this year, had a better RPI and SOS than VT.  There is no way VT should have gotten in and BC shouldnt.  I think both being number one seeds in the NIT was the right call
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

VT didn't blow there chances by losing to a pretty good BC squad.  They lost their chance by getting swept by Virginia.

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

VT didn't blow there chances by losing to a pretty good BC squad.  They lost their chance by getting swept by Virginia.

You're probably right on that one, but my overall point was more that this year's bubble teams had plenty of winnable games and didn't take advantage of them, and that game was just one example.  While the BC loss may not have been the one that kept VT out, a win would have certainly helped their cause.  BC, in turn, got embarrassed against fellow bubble team Clemson.

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2011, 10:48:07 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
BC didn't deserve to be in nor belonged in the tournament.

- A BC Alum

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
BC didn't deserve to be in nor belonged in the tournament.

- A BC Alum

I think it depends, the team that beat VT the second time around Deserved to be in, the team that lost to clemson didnt deserve to be in the ACC tourney.  But thats the problem when you have a team that lives and dies by the three and doesnt play much D
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16