Author Topic: Anyone that passes on Demarcus Cousins will regret it!!!  (Read 5451 times)

Anyone that passes on Demarcus Cousins will regret it!!!
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:14:12 AM »

Offline doglover

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I'm convinced Demarcus Cousins is gonna be the best player in this draft. People take for granted how special a guy with his combination of size, strength, agility and touch are. Plus he is a smart and skilled player with a good set of post moves...This kid might come into the league as a rookie and put up 15/10 from the get go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE9yObPb1xA

Look at those spin moves, the up and unders, the touch and the ability to run the floor...Then look at his motor!!!

Kid is gonna be a monster...lol at draft sites having him as low as 6. I actually like that he has an edge to him, the NBA misses that.
I love Michael Jordan,i work in cheap jordan air shoes online store, looking for friends who like  Michael Jordan!message to me!

Re: Anyone that passes on Demarcus Cousins will regret it!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Anyone been following the Kings this preseason? Cousins has been beasting! With Sammy D out with an injury for a few weeks, that means Cousins will probably step in at center for a bit.

Also, I found this amusing.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:45:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think the concern is that he turns into the next Zach Randolph, never committing himself to basketball or conditioning as much as he should.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 01:45:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
82 points on 67 shot attempts + 26 free throws + 13 turnovers for an average of 0.88 points per possession. Way below the average mark for a center (0.95).

I'd like to see Cousins rein in that jump shot and concentrate on scoring in the paint. Very strong likelihood that he could be an efficient offensive player right away if he made that simple adjustment.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 01:54:57 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think the concern is that he turns into the next Zach Randolph, never committing himself to basketball or conditioning as much as he should.

Yeah, there are major red flags with him, despite the fact he is a monster out there.  I don't envy any of those teams that had a chance to pick him.  He is the type of guy who will get GM's fired for passing on him, and then those GM's will be vindicated in another year or two when he fizzles out.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm convinced Demarcus Cousins is gonna be the best player in this draft. People take for granted how special a guy with his combination of size, strength, agility and touch are. Plus he is a smart and skilled player with a good set of post moves...This kid might come into the league as a rookie and put up 15/10 from the get go...

Look at those spin moves, the up and unders, the touch and the ability to run the floor...Then look at his motor!!!

Kid is gonna be a monster...lol at draft sites having him as low as 6. I actually like that he has an edge to him, the NBA misses that.

I take it as gospel that if there were rumors Danny tried to move up in the draft for a guy, he's gonna be an absolute beast!

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i picked him for my draft yesterday, i think hes going to do well and might actually challenge John Wall for ROY

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 02:13:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I take it as gospel that if there were rumors Danny tried to move up in the draft for a guy, he's gonna be an absolute beast!

**cough, Robert Swift, cough**

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
People keep doubting this kid.  He has things to work on, but most important of all he's a competitor.  He's a worker, an entertainer, and a good person that is gonna have a top notch NBA career.

He will be in the limelight, and expected to carry a lot.  He will have some bumps and embarrasing moments along the way but the kids not gonna fizzle IMO.

I said it halfway through the last college season.  Only player I take above this guy is John Wall, and even then i really have to think about it.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not sold on him by a long shot although it certainly appears he has the physical tools to be a special player. I still want to see what he has upstairs.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Not sold on him by a long shot although it certainly appears he has the physical tools to be a special player. I still want to see what he has upstairs.

A racecar bed with silk tiger sheets and a bearskin blanket.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I don't think he becomes a franchise player but I think he'll be a perennial All-Star.

Cousins will be a 20/10 player in the NBA.

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 02:30:23 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Blake Griffin >>>> Demarcus
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123

A racecar bed with silk tiger sheets and a bearskin blanket.

Not letting that one pass!  LOL! and a TP! :)
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
82 points on 67 shot attempts + 26 free throws + 13 turnovers for an average of 0.88 points per possession. Way below the average mark for a center (0.95).

Agreed, but still, not bad for a 19-year-old big who's getting a lot of touches, right?

Preseason play is a world away from even regular season play, but Cousins has definitely shown some promise.