Author Topic: Rashad McCants anyone? (Idea)  (Read 9332 times)

Re: Rashad McCants
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 01:17:52 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
We already did this thread once this week Rashad. Give it a rest please.

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 01:22:01 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 02:58:03 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
At this point, I rather give him a chance then T-Mac.

There is an interesting article in ESPN mag today about him.  It sounds like he is ready to do things like 10 day contracts and d-league (something he wouldn't do last year) as ways to get back to the NBA.

Plus, he is good friends with KG.

The thing that got me, everyone says he is a good NBA player.  He just needs to improve his body language and personal interactions with teammates and coaches on the court.

Give him an invite to summer camp.  A partially guaranteed 1 year min deal.  If he plays well and fits in, the Celtics have a 6th man.  If not, waive him.

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 10:16:28 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
At this point, I rather give him a chance then T-Mac.

There is an interesting article in ESPN mag today about him.  It sounds like he is ready to do things like 10 day contracts and d-league (something he wouldn't do last year) as ways to get back to the NBA.

Plus, he is good friends with KG.

The thing that got me, everyone says he is a good NBA player.  He just needs to improve his body language and personal interactions with teammates and coaches on the court.

Give him an invite to summer camp.  A partially guaranteed 1 year min deal.  If he plays well and fits in, the Celtics have a 6th man.  If not, waive him.

I read the article too and wouldnt mind giving him a shot.

That being said it still seems like this guy is in full denial that he is a headcase.

Him and KG are very tight though. He has never been in a winning environment.

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
It'd be worth a shot at the minimum. 

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 01:13:37 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
His talent is intriguing -- but one wonders if he'd get along well with Rondo. It sounds like his teammates are find of him, but Rondo has obviously suffered from some of the same problems of disconnection. Could be a toxic match.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
His talent is intriguing -- but one wonders if he'd get along well with Rondo. It sounds like his teammates are find of him, but Rondo has obviously suffered from some of the same problems of disconnection. Could be a toxic match.

I wouldn't worry too much about that.  We're not talking about signing him to some 5 year mega deal, we're talking about a minimum deal or maybe even a 10 day contract.  If he and Rondo have a "toxic match" we can just cut him. 

But with KG and the rest of the vets around, I'd say there's a good shot that he gets in line.  The vet influence here has gotten guys like Nate Robinson to play tough defense and even kept Stephon Marbury under control, even if he wasn't that good. 

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I wouldn't worry too much about that.  We're not talking about signing him to some 5 year mega deal, we're talking about a minimum deal or maybe even a 10 day contract.  If he and Rondo have a "toxic match" we can just cut him. 

But with KG and the rest of the vets around, I'd say there's a good shot that he gets in line.  The vet influence here has gotten guys like Nate Robinson to play tough defense and even kept Stephon Marbury under control, even if he wasn't that good. 

Not really worried about it -- imagining why the Cs might not bother....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
McCants was invisible for the lowly T-Wolves and Kings...why would a championship contender want him?

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 02:33:57 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I just read the ESPN article.  It seems like he left a *very* bad taste in the mouth of multiple organizations.  I was surprised by the number of execs and players willing to go on record about how they didn't like him.

McCants is a talent, but I didn't like that, even now, he says he's going to do things "his way".  He may be willing to humble himself to some degree, but not as much as will probably be required.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8
I just read the ESPN article.  It seems like he left a *very* bad taste in the mouth of multiple organizations.  I was surprised by the number of execs and players willing to go on record about how they didn't like him.

McCants is a talent, but I didn't like that, even now, he says he's going to do things "his way".  He may be willing to humble himself to some degree, but not as much as will probably be required.

If thats the case then I dont like him for our team. We dont need a headcase making bad decisions off the court, it'll only attract negative attention to our team that is unneeded. If he can get his act straight and understand that it isnt all about him then I'd sign him up.
I bleed Green

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Agreed fully.  I think the quote from a GM was "I've heard nothing but bad things about you."  That article was startling, in that to this day McCants is still in full blown denial, and continues to have a "I'm not doing anything wrong, everyone else is just out to get me" mentality.  He had three different people (including head coaches) tell him he should consider seeing a psychiatrist but completely played it off as everyone else being the crazy ones.

He's pretty much blackballed from the league at this point.  What I gathered from the ESPN article is that to this day, nothing anyone has told him is registering.  Doesn't sound like there's a redemption story here.

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
We should get him for the simple fact he used to date Khloe Kardashian. Just imagine how well he could get into Lamar's head when Boston plays the Lakers next season.

Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 04:24:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think a guaranteed contract is out of the question. I think a camp invite would be pretty smart though if they thought they could keep him under control by reuniting him with garnett.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
We should get him for the simple fact he used to date Khloe Kardashian. Just imagine how well he could get into Lamar's head when Boston plays the Lakers next season.

Do we usually have trouble getting into Odom's head?