Author Topic: Lebron James is a coward.  (Read 18389 times)

Re: Lebron James is a coward.
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2010, 06:22:48 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I don't think he's a coward. I think he's a preening narcissistic peacock with incredible undeniable basketball talent and an inner desire to leave his mark.

I mean, I don't hate him for leaving Cleveland. I just hate the way he did it, and how he gave them so much hope just so he could break their heart on national TV

No.  He's a coward.  He was afraid he couldn't get it done as the alpha dog so he signed with another team to be Robin.  Even if he's better than Batman on the Heat he'll aways be known as Robin.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2010, 06:27:53 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I don't think he's a coward. I think he's a preening narcissistic peacock with incredible undeniable basketball talent and an inner desire to leave his mark.

I mean, I don't hate him for leaving Cleveland. I just hate the way he did it, and how he gave them so much hope just so he could break their heart on national TV

No.  He's a coward.  He was afraid he couldn't get it done as the alpha dog so he signed with another team to be Robin.  Even if he's better than Batman on the Heat he'll aways be known as Robin.

TP.

Yes, and that's exactly it. I had no problem with him leaving Cleveland...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The madness continues. Heat throw a "welcome party" for LeBron, live coverage of ESPN.

Professional sports just discovered reality TV. Brace for impact.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2010, 06:39:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I disagree. Wade woulda left if Bosh hadn't signed. Kobe woulda left if Gasol hadn't come on. Pierce woulda left if Allen and Garnett hadn't come on. You can't win alone, and it is your organization's responsibility to make sure you have the ammo.

Cleveland gave it their best shot, but ultimately in my mind the one really stellar move they ever made was re-signing Varejao. Shaq, Jamison, Williams...they aren't championship cogs.

LeBron isn't a coward for leaving. Yes, I wish he would have signed with new jersey or even *gulp* New York, but those three guys on the heat..that was the best opportunity out there.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
No.  He's a coward.  He was afraid he couldn't get it done as the alpha dog so he signed with another team to be Robin.  Even if he's better than Batman on the Heat he'll aways be known as Robin.

And jeez, since when does a team need an alpha dog to win a championship? The 2008 Celtics didn't have a clear cut one. Kobe/Shaq were both alpha dogs on three championship teams. It's that type of generic blather that gets in the way of real discussion.

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2010, 07:05:32 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

I disagree. Wade woulda left if Bosh hadn't signed. Kobe woulda left if Gasol hadn't come on. Pierce woulda left if Allen and Garnett hadn't come on. You can't win alone, and it is your organization's responsibility to make sure you have the ammo.

Cleveland gave it their best shot, but ultimately in my mind the one really stellar move they ever made was re-signing Varejao. Shaq, Jamison, Williams...they aren't championship cogs.

LeBron isn't a coward for leaving. Yes, I wish he would have signed with new jersey or even *gulp* New York, but those three guys on the heat..that was the best opportunity out there.

Revisionist history with Gasol. He was a soft, overpaid loser before he played with Kobe. He couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs and Memphis couldn't give him away because of his contract. What Kobe did with Gasol is what Jordan did with Pippen. Those examples are microcosms for what great players do with good players, push them to greatness themselves. Lebron had talent around him that he couldn't make better because he lacked the edge, fire and determination. Instead of striving to be a better leader, he took the easy way out.

He will never be in the conversation with said players and it's pathetic and cowardly that he didn't even try.

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2010, 07:10:21 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If the Heat situation plays out perfectly, James may challenge Bill Russell's 11 championship rings.

And when Wade retires before James, Lebron can pass Wade too.

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Revisionist history with Gasol. He was a soft, overpaid loser before he played with Kobe. He couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs and Memphis couldn't give him away because of his contract. What Kobe did with Gasol is what Jordan did with Pippen. Those examples are microcosms for what great players do with good players, push them to greatness themselves. Lebron had talent around him that he couldn't make better because he lacked the edge, fire and determination. Instead of striving to be a better leader, he took the easy way out.

He will never be in the conversation with said players and it's pathetic and cowardly that he didn't even try.

What do you mean revisionist history? You forget about this?

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2007/06/kobe_bryant_is_on_video.html

Or this?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/19263560/

They brought on Gasol that summer.

And if you think Gasol was a soft overpaid loser, what is Bosh? He's never made it out of the first round. He's allegedly soft.

Its not revisionist history at all. Its the exact same thing that Wade did. The exact same thing.

LeBron didn't get a Bosh or Gasol or Wade or Pippen. Both Gasol and Bosh at the time of their trades were considered in the top 3 PF's in the league.

You're short selling Gasol, Bosh, and more importantly Pippen.

LeBron went to the NBA Finals with Donyell Freakin Marshall as a prominent role player. How does he not make players better?

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

What do you mean revisionist history? You forget about this?

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2007/06/kobe_bryant_is_on_video.html

Or this?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/19263560/

They brought on Gasol that summer.

And if you think Gasol was a soft overpaid loser, what is Bosh? He's never made it out of the first round. He's allegedly soft.

Its not revisionist history at all. Its the exact same thing that Wade did. The exact same thing.

LeBron didn't get a Bosh or Gasol or Wade or Pippen. Both Gasol and Bosh at the time of their trades were considered in the top 3 PF's in the league.

You're short selling Gasol, Bosh, and more importantly Pippen.

LeBron went to the NBA Finals with Donyell Freakin Marshall as a prominent role player. How does he not make players better?

Gasol was a mid-season acquisition! (http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html). So yes, while Kobe stomped his feet a little he ultimately "kissed and made up" with Laker management before Gasol and worked with what he had. Lebron didn't beg for Jamison? Williams? His little buddy Gibson? Jamison is chop liver now?

And believe me, nobody thought Gasol was a great player or a "top 3 PF" back then. Nobody. It's insane to me that anyone would even say that. That is the revisionist history! Who Gasol was before he went to LA. Kobe took a talented player and lead him to greatness. That's what great players do.

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Hey, it's his life, his career, and his money. LeBron can do whatever he want's.

For the NBA, this is good. I think if he went to the Knicks and made them contenders, that would have been the best thing from an NBA standpoint (the THREE best teams in the league NY/LA/BOS - a dream come true for any sport).

But this is second best. They become a team to hate, which sells tickets and brings in viewers.

The only thing that LeBron flubbed was his own legacy. Even if he wins a handful of rings, they are *almost* tainted (like Kobe's first 3). Sure they count, but they aren't "his."

This won't be an automatic success, however. The Celtics clicked right off the bat with a strong and focused training camp. The Heat have international play in their favor (albeit a very different style of play, they are familiar with each other's games).

I do think they will steamroll through the regular season though, but possibly struggle in the playoffs, especially if Spoelstra is still there.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/570147/hoopsvinecom_top_10_nba_power_forwards.html

Gasol, #8

http://sportscouch.wordpress.com/2008/01/26/the-nbas-best-power-forwards/

Gasol, #9

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/390464/nbas_top_power_forwards_20072008_from.html?cat=9

Gasol, #3.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/10371569?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

Gasol, #8

So I concede, Gasol wasn't looked at as a top 3 PF (thank god I can't look back farther into the forum's archived to see what people around here were saying *ahem, Roy, ahem*)

But, despite the fact that Kobe resigned, I think you're nuts if you think he wouldn't have forced a trade after another first round bounce from the playoffs. I just don't see him sticking around on a middling team. Just like Wade wouldn't have, just like LeBron shouldn't have to.

Yes, Im calling Jamison chopped liver. He played like it. He was barely a top 10 pf in 2008, and now this season he's 34 years old.

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

IMO Chicago was his best opportunity out there.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

Look, Lebron led everyone on.
He did not have the ability to carry Cleveland to the title.
You could argue, he lacked the skill set, lacked the leadership, lacked the tenacity.  But the fact is Lebron could not get it done in Cleveland.

If he wanted to win: he would have gone to Boston, or L.A.: one could even argue Orlando.

However, the manner in which Wade/Bosh/Lebron all pretended as though there was actually a chance that they would go elsewhere,:  was in fact a dupe.

This was a done deal when Lebron called Ray Allen about joining
"his dream team" in Miami.  All else was a ruse.

For that Lebron is a con and a phony.
And Dwade and Bosh co-conspirators.

They wasted the time of the other teams management and negotiated in poor faith.

Red Auerbach would call them classless and despicable.

All I know is that it is anti-Celtic.

So beating them will be almost as fun as cheering for Bill Walton and the Trailblazers to defeat the 76ers of Dr. J. and McGinnis and Dawkins.

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2010, 08:28:27 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Lebron had talent around him that he couldn't make better because he lacked the edge, fire and determination. Instead of striving to be a better leader, he took the easy way out.

Yup, all those All-Star teams that Mo Williams made before he got to Cleveland...

« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2010, 10:26:23 AM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218