Author Topic: Lebron James is a coward.  (Read 18479 times)

Re: Lebron James is a coward.
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2010, 10:49:09 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
He's no coward.  It took a lot of guts to do what he did.  He might be selfish but it's not cowardly to join a team that you think could be one of the best ever.

The whole argument about not staying on the same team like Magic, Bird and Jordan is ridiculous.  If Lebron had a McHale, Pippen or Kareem on his team he probably would have stayed.  He had a Mo Williams, Andy Varajao and JJ Hickson.

After seeing Dan Gilbert's reaction can you blame him for leaving?  The guy is a thankless nutjob who has probably ruined any chances for Cleveland to get future free agents.  LeBron gave a lot to that team, basically carrying it for 7 years, and that's the reaction?  Some of it was justified but it was done in a totally classless manner.

LeBron's "show" wasn't so classy either, but I wouldn't call it cowardly.

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2010, 11:03:58 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
There is a big difference in the 1st idea

Mchale, Parish

Pippen

vs.

Mo Williams.

His story is one related to KG. 

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
He's no coward.  It took a lot of guts to do what he did.  He might be selfish but it's not cowardly to join a team that you think could be one of the best ever.

The whole argument about not staying on the same team like Magic, Bird and Jordan is ridiculous.  If Lebron had a McHale, Pippen or Kareem on his team he probably would have stayed.  He had a Mo Williams, Andy Varajao and JJ Hickson.

After seeing Dan Gilbert's reaction can you blame him for leaving?  The guy is a thankless nutjob who has probably ruined any chances for Cleveland to get future free agents.  LeBron gave a lot to that team, basically carrying it for 7 years, and that's the reaction?  Some of it was justified but it was done in a totally classless manner.

LeBron's "show" wasn't so classy either, but I wouldn't call it cowardly.

You have no idea how wrong you are.  Lebron quit on his team in the playoffs.  He wants the easy way out and he sees the Heat as that option.  He even said it himself.  No he doesn't have to score 30 a night.  Why work hard when you can just cruise to a title?  These guys think they are just going to win a title now.  No need to work on their game in the summer, why would they have to with this trio?

Gilbert made some poor choices in how he handled Lebron and had a big part in creating the monster that Lebron is today.  That being said, Lebron took all of that and didn't even say thanks.  He kicked him in the nuts.  I think Gilbert's reaction was right in line.

Any free agent who wouldn't come to Cleveland after what Gilbert said is just as big a diva as Lebron is.  You don't handle things the way Lebron did and then have the owner say thank you.  

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I don't get the whole quitting on his team angle. 27, 19 and 10 in an elimination game in Boston is quitting?

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2010, 11:16:58 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I don't get the whole quitting on his team angle. 27, 19 and 10 in an elimination game in Boston is quitting?

On 8 of 20 shooting and most of that came from a 2 minute spurt where he played hard.  You can put up numbers and still quit.  Watch the game again and see how he played.  Watch game 5 against the Celtics.  Lebron was ready to move on

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 11:21:21 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Everbody is forgetting though... That the Boston Celtics made him quit  ;D!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
The NBA is a joke if 3 stars decide to join the same team just to win it all.  In no other sport do you have this dynamic, and I think it stinks.  At least the C's TRADED for KG and Ray Allen. 

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 11:27:48 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The NBA is a joke if 3 stars decide to join the same team just to win it all.  In no other sport do you have this dynamic, and I think it stinks.  At least the C's TRADED for KG and Ray Allen. 
Thats the huge difference in my opinion.

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 11:30:31 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Uuummm Hello!  You obviously aren't a fan of the MLB.  Look at the Yankees!

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2010, 11:31:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He finally realized he is a Scottie Pippen and went to play to what he percieves is his Jordan (Wade).  Trouble is Bosh is not a not need the ball Rodman, doesn't board like Rodman either.   They also are devoid of roleplayers, toughness (aside from Wade)and lockdown defense.

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 11:42:50 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
All I know is that I hope he fails and fails miserably. 

Unless it is against the Lakers!

I know this is irrational and and I may change my mind if they meet in the Finals but, I would actually root for the Lakers in this scenario.

BOOOOOOOO  If I could right now I'd take away all of your TP's.

I'm sorry I deserve that boo but, I really want this Fraud to fail.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 11:47:50 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376

Dude, the Yankees get the stars because of $$$.  Not necessarily the best chance to win.  And, btw, MLB is my favorite sport (and MLB is flawed too with no hard cap).  But, having the top 3 players on an MLB team, with NOTHING else, will never, in 100 years win a world series.  You need 25 players on a baseball team.  Look at the Red Sox in '98.  They had Pedro, Nomar and Mo Vaugh (one year after MVP season).  No title.

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 11:52:14 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Dude, the Yankees get the stars because of $$$.  Not necessarily the best chance to win.  And, btw, MLB is my favorite sport (and MLB is flawed too with no hard cap).  But, having the top 3 players on an MLB team, with NOTHING else, will never, in 100 years win a world series.  You need 25 players on a baseball team.  Look at the Red Sox in '98.  They had Pedro, Nomar and Mo Vaugh (one year after MVP season).  No title.

No you're right. 

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 11:54:13 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
The red sox bought their titles as much as anyone.

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
The red sox bought their titles as much as anyone.

Oh ok.. W.E. You say.  We won our titles through our farm system.