Author Topic: Lebron James is a coward.  (Read 18392 times)

Re: Lebron James is a coward.
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 09:42:26 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I thought LeBron made the right decision leaving Cleveland.

There were five teams who all offered better situations than the Cavs did.
Which ultimately shows that their front office made several bad strategic decisions in playing for "this year" over and over again.

I love revisionism with this guy.  He wanted the players they brought in, he lost, the Cavs organization failed, and now he made the right decision because everywhere else is better.

That's win/win/win/win for LJ.  What a lucky guy.

This fraud is still fooling people.
What revisionism?

I never made a claim that LBJ wanted them to go any other route. Rather that following the short term compete now route failed the Cavs, which is just a fact now that LeBron has left.

LeBron definitely wanted all those moves to happen, they didn't work and he then left for a better situation. He ultimately acted in his own best interests the whole way, you judge that as cowardly and wrong. I don't blame him.

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:04 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

Yes, I still think he should have gone to Chicago though. 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Which ultimately shows that their front office made several bad strategic decisions in playing for "this year" over and over again.

I love revisionism with this guy.  He wanted the players they brought in, he lost, the Cavs organization failed, and now he made the right decision because everywhere else is better.

I never believed LeBron had much of a role in personnel decisions. If he did, I would have expected the Cavs to have traded Wally Szczerbiak for Vince Carter or for the Cavs to acquire Shaquille O'Neal at the trade deadline instead of after the season. Those lack of decisions don't strike me as the type of moves you see when a player is forcing a front office to do what he wants.

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Why Chicago over Miami?

I wanted to see LeBron go to New York. More for the benefit of the NBA league wide rather for LeBron though. Miami is a better situation.

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:05 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41

I've been saying the same thing for years!

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 09:49:17 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I never believed LeBron had much of a role in personnel decisions. If he did, I would have expected the Cavs to have traded Wally Szczerbiak for Vince Carter or for the Cavs to acquire Shaquille O'Neal at the trade deadline instead of after the season. Those lack of decisions don't strike me as the type of moves you see when a player is forcing a front office to do what he wants.
He definitely didn't have day to day control, but he certainly set the tone for competing right away rather than setting up for a better future.

It is very interesting to look back on how Miami approached things with Wade and Cleveland with LeBron. LeBron is a better player, but they're close enough to show very different paths.

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 09:51:01 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Why Chicago over Miami?

I wanted to see LeBron go to New York. More for the benefit of the NBA league wide rather for LeBron though. Miami is a better situation.

Right away Chicago will be the best team in the league and have the most balanced starting five.  Miami won't.  

Also I wanted to see if LeBron could take the challenge, which would be a bigger challenge than getting a championship for Cleveland, of becoming bigger than Jordan and winning more titles than Jordan.  

LeBron would have been the alpha dog there.  And if LeBron could become the face of the Chicago Bulls wow would that have been impressive.

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

He definitely didn't have day to day control, but he certainly set the tone for competing right away rather than setting up for a better future.

It is very interesting to look back on how Miami approached things with Wade and Cleveland with LeBron. LeBron is a better player, but they're close enough to show very different paths.
I didn't think so.

I always felt it was the Cavs front office who put winning today ahead of winning tomorrow + that that same front office could have convinced LeBron that keeping enough cap space to offer a max contract this summer was the right move because then they could give him an Amare Stoudemire or Chris Bosh to play with for the next 6-10 years.

I don't think they'd have had any problem convincing LeBron of that + I think LeBron stays in Cleveland if they were able to achieve that this summer. If they were able to bring in that star talent and show LeBron that he could win in Cleveland. That he would have the help he wanted.

I think it's all on Cleveland's front office. I think they had enough freedom to choose the decisions and long term strategy that they wanted and this is the one they choose.

-------------------------------------------------

Even after they re-signed Varejao last summer, the Cavs were only $2 million away from being able to sign LeBron to a max contract + sign a second max contract player.

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 10:00:01 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
All I know is that I hope he fails and fails miserably. 

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 10:03:29 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Unless it is against the Lakers!

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 10:05:29 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Nice wording, nice post.

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

I know this is irrational and and I may change my mind if they meet in the Finals but, I would actually root for the Lakers in this scenario.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 10:09:52 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

I think he did he just doesn't know talent unless it's elite like Wade and Bosh.  Remember kobe looking to trade Kidd for Bynum a few years ago.  Imagine if they actually made that trade.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

I know this is irrational and and I may change my mind if they meet in the Finals but, I would actually root for the Lakers in this scenario.

BOOOOOOOO  If I could right now I'd take away all of your TP's.

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
It's no wonder Lebron wanted out of Cleveland...Dan Gilbert's a nutjob who couldn't put a talented young team around the most dynamic young player in the game. This is who Cavs fans should be mad at, not Lebron. If Dan Gilbert acted like this in public AFTER Lebron's decision, how was he acting behind closed doors? Get over it Gilbert, you had 7 years to put a team around "The King", and the best you could do was Shaq, Mo, and Jamison. Pathetic management is the real story here, and kudos to Lebron for getting out of that losing situation. Still feel bad for the fans though, but what can ya do.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68004/20100709/gilbert_says_lebron_quit_in_playoffs/

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...tap_archives/68001/20100708/gilbert_promises_cleveland_a_title_before_former_king_wins_one/

As somebody that lives in Akron you have to understand that most of the moves the cavs made were made because James demanded them...Lebron, not Ferry, has been the Cavs GM for the past 5 years...Lebron screwed the Cavs with bad contracts (see boobie gibson, etc), waited out free agency so the cavs have no good options to sign, and essentially ruined the cavs for the next decade...
Gilbert has every reason to be upset.  Sure the cavs should not have let it happen, but they were doing everything they could to keep the drama king happy.  I have been a lebron hater since St Vs, this is just the latest chapter...

You have to give the guy that will be paying for lebrons mistakes for the next 10 years a bit of a break...

If Lebron has really been the GM, then who's idea was it to bring Tim Izzo or Byron Scott if that wasn't enough to convince Lebron to stay So Gilbert suggested these guys, and Lebron shook his head?

At the end of the day, Lebron probably knew that no matter what coach they got, NO SUPERSTARS WERE COMING WITH HIM.

I'm in Roy's boat on this. The one-hour spectacle was a mockery to not just the NBA, but sports in general. I just give ESPN credit for letting Lebron spill the most important words outta his mouth that not a half hour into the show as opposed to with 5 minutes left in the show. Lebron did NOT have to do it like that, and no one else should follow that.

However...as far as Lebron actually deciding to join Wade (and Bosh to an extent, although we all know Bosh is third fiddle to both), I respect Lebron for realizing that he didn't want to be like KG, in which he carries a team forever just to have no one around him.

Gilbert has no one to blame but himself. He's just fortunate that Lebron made himself a more hated man with how Lebron decided to sell this decision on a special.

But honestly, boo hoo Gilbert. Cry me a river. You couldn't rebuild on the fly like Danny Ainge, and you got what you deserved. I'll send you that cheese with that whine, with some Kleenex on the side.