Author Topic: Lebron James is a coward.  (Read 18495 times)

Lebron James is a coward.
« on: July 09, 2010, 03:43:34 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
I realize a lot of people I respect here will disagree with what I have to say, but this is truly how I feel. What Lebron did last night, to me, is pathetic in a way that I can barely put into words.

Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson worked with what they had and made their teammates better. They hated their competition, they didn't join forces with them. Lebron James had the skill, size and athletic ability  to define himself as one of the greatest basketball players to ever play the game. Come to find out he lacked the heart and killer instinct mentally to share the stage with the likes of Larry, Magic, Jordan and perhaps (cough) Kobe. Those guys hate(d) their rivals, while Lebron joins them to ease the pressure and for a path with less hardship. He doesn't want to lead. He demanded Cleveland make moves for players he thought he could win with, still he lacked the competitiveness to carry them to victory.

Maybe I'm just disappointed because I thought he was a great one? Yeah, that could be it. I thought I was going to be able to witness a special player catapult his team and shine in the most difficult moments like when I watched Jordan finally overcome his struggles with the Pistons. I guess those types of athletes are once a generation.  Instead of challenging himself to be one of the greatest he'll join Wade's team and cheaply win as many titles as possible. Lebron, do you know what you could have been? Shame on you, you were too much of a coward you see it through. You robbed us.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:05:42 AM by Jsaad »
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Lebron James is a coward.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 04:00:58 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yeah I hear you... people are going to hate Bron right now... but if Kobe Bryant has taught us anything... it's that winning will fix any public perception.  You can flat get accused of raping a woman and still be a media darling as long as you get some rings... apparently.  A couple titles and everyone will love Bron again.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 04:46:50 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Well he is definitely a title chaser now that's for sure.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 04:55:58 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
I don't know about coward, that's a pretty strong word. It's very apparent now he knew he wasn't good enough to carry a team with at least a decent mix of role players around him. He chose the easier path with another superstar player and another very good one.

He'll go down as a great player but his "chosen one" status should be revoked. Part of that was the media's fault but part of it was also his.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 05:58:10 AM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Well he is definitely a title chaser now that's for sure.

yeah. If and when they win one or multiple rings, Wade at least has one more than him.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 06:26:15 AM »

Offline asterix

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I have been walking around with the same feeling. No matter what happens with Miami, Lebron will always be remembered as the one who chose the easy path. Actually, there is a word for that: Looser...

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 06:39:20 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
One thing I do like about this is if Miami wins multiple titles, D-Wade will always have 1 more title than Bron if they stay on the same team.  ;D

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 06:39:28 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I can't blame him.  He took less money to play with his friends in a good environment.  From watching his interview, it seems like he has a ton of respect for the Celtics, and he has to have seen what guys like Pierce, Ray, and KG went through prior to joining together.  He didn't want that to be him, so he did something about it before he turned 30.

This definitely effects Lebron's legacy -- he can't really be seen as an alpha dog anymore, especially going to another star's team.  However, on an individual level, I can't blame him too much.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 07:02:43 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I don't like James at all. I could sit here and bash him all day long about many things.

But he's never really had great help before. He's had good teams but nothing like what other greats have had. You look at all the great winners and they played with 2 or more Hall of Fame people on their teams. MJ, Bird, Magic and all of them had it. Has James ever had players like that on his team? Or I should ask, has he had them in their prime and not worn out like Shaq?
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 07:12:19 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I cannot see him as a coward as you say but the media circus around him, surely has made me dislike him in bundles! This is his career and he has chosen to be with his friends to build up a franchise in Miami. Fair play to him but hope he never wins a ring in his life.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 07:39:22 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I cannot see him as a coward as you say but the media circus around him, surely has made me dislike him in bundles! This is his career and he has chosen to be with his friends to build up a franchise in Miami. Fair play to him but hope he never wins a ring in his life.

Didn't Dan Gilbert just cursed him....If so, i don't know how it effects on Lebron and Miami's future, if all of a sudden they develop one injury after another then yeah, I guess Lebron has brought the wrath of Dan with him.

I too would like them to fail on their very first try alone this upcoming season. there will be stumbling block particularly our very own C's..I really would hope that our team would be very motivated by this Super Team created by Miami.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
TP to Jsaad.  He is a coward.  After 7 years and taking a zillion dollars of Gilbert's money, he didn't even have the decency to answer a text or a call since the last game.
I totally agree that I wanted to see what Lebron could achieve as a leader.  This move robs us of the historical context of comparing him with former greats.  Any title he wins won't mean as much now.
Could you imagine if Larry and Magic decided it would be easier to join the same team than to compete with each other?  It's crazy.  We have all just been robbed of the Wade/Lebron rivalry.  Lebron took the easy path and made himself look like self centered jerk in the process.  I'm going to be rooting for everyone to kick Miami's butts, including hated teams like the Lakers.  I have a new team to root against!

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I can't blame him.  He took less money to play with his friends in a good environment.  From watching his interview, it seems like he has a ton of respect for the Celtics, and he has to have seen what guys like Pierce, Ray, and KG went through prior to joining together.  He didn't want that to be him, so he did something about it before he turned 30.

This definitely effects Lebron's legacy -- he can't really be seen as an alpha dog anymore, especially going to another star's team.  However, on an individual level, I can't blame him too much.

He's 25 not very close to 30.  This isn't like KG at all.  He wants you think it is but, it's not.  This is cutting tail and running for easier road.  Friends.. this guys only friend is himself.  I can't wait until crunch time when all these friends show their true colors.  They better not fail...
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 08:17:41 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
A coward no...a liar yes.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:59:01 AM by housecall »

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 08:22:56 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
It's no wonder Lebron wanted out of Cleveland...Dan Gilbert's a nutjob who couldn't put a talented young team around the most dynamic young player in the game. This is who Cavs fans should be mad at, not Lebron. If Dan Gilbert acted like this in public AFTER Lebron's decision, how was he acting behind closed doors? Get over it Gilbert, you had 7 years to put a team around "The King", and the best you could do was Shaq, Mo, and Jamison. Pathetic management is the real story here, and kudos to Lebron for getting out of that losing situation. Still feel bad for the fans though, but what can ya do.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68004/20100709/gilbert_says_lebron_quit_in_playoffs/

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...tap_archives/68001/20100708/gilbert_promises_cleveland_a_title_before_former_king_wins_one/