Author Topic: Idea: Rondo/Sheed for CP3? (Simmons stole this idea)  (Read 4537 times)

Idea: Rondo/Sheed for CP3? (Simmons stole this idea)
« on: July 09, 2010, 02:58:21 AM »

Offline bcgenuis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 29
Would you trade Rondo + Sheed's Contract + S&T Scal (no guarantee)

for

C Paul

Would expand the deal adding in BBD and Perk for Okafor?

RONDO
BBD
PERK
SHEED
S/T for any shortfalls

for

C Paul
Okafor

NOH does this deal because CP will leave as an FA, NOH doesnt have the pieces to win in the next 2 yrs  and they get an All star replacement who is locked up for a  long term @ a reasonable price. They also unload Okafor who = Perk, but Perk is an expiring.

C's do it - CP is better than Rondo (offensively) and provides another outside scoring threat and can lead the transition away from the Big 3.  Okafor = Perk!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:32:47 PM by bcgenuis »

Re: Idea: Rondo/Sheed for CP3?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I love Rondo.  He's awesome.  The kid has basically become my favorite player on the Celtics.  If I look at my all time favorite Celtics I'd say Bird is #1 and Pierce is #2... but to watch right now... it's Rondo.

I'd do both trades without hesitation. 

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:52:56 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
My initial thought was NOH would shoot this down immediately but I think they might listen a little because Rondo is involved.  CP3 is a great player but there are lots of good PG's right now in the NBA so they might be inclined to do this just to unload Okafor.

What if CP3 pulls a Lebron and bolts for south beach as a free agent and leaves us high and dry?

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
My initial thought was NOH would shoot this down immediately but I think they might listen a little because Rondo is involved.  CP3 is a great player but there are lots of good PG's right now in the NBA so they might be inclined to do this just to unload Okafor.

What if CP3 pulls a Lebron and bolts for south beach as a free agent and leaves us high and dry?
That crossed my mind earlier this morning,CP3 heading to South Beach first chance he gets.tp

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
I cant imagme Chris Paul acccepting the MLE at his first wiff of free agancy. Miami will be over the cap for quite some time and wont be able to bring in high priced FA's.
Green 18!

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
I cant imagme Chris Paul acccepting the MLE at his first wiff of free agancy. Miami will be over the cap for quite some time and wont be able to bring in high priced FA's.

The only reason I mentioned that was the article that stated there was some sort of "pact' between Bosh, James and Wade that they would sign together and then CP3 would join them in 2012. 

What else are they going to do?  Share a special pair of jeans and each of them takes time wearing these jeans during special events and they magically fit great on all four of them. 

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 10:42:04 AM »

Offline jasail

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 24
I don't think CP3 will go to Miami because they have roughly all of their cap space absorbed by Wade/Bosh/LeBron.  There is no way getting around that, and I don't see a max level player like Paul taking the MLE and giving up roughly $70M (or 2/3 of his value over 5 years) just to join that group. 

That said this trade would have to come with an agreement on an extension.  You don't trade Rondo, and his team friendly contract, for one year of a better player at the same position.  That would make no sense beyond this year.   

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
NO is motivated to trade Paul because they have another great PG in Collison. Think they would have zero interest in Rondo for that reason. Not a good fit for them.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 11:00:33 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I don't see how anybody thinks Paul is better than Rondo in the first place.  Deron Williams maybe....just maybe.  Also Rondo is perfect for the current Celtics roster.

I would LOVE for Paul or some other true PG to go to Miami to try to co-exist with the messiah and Wade.  The messiah will never win a championship anyway.  Put a true PG on the same team with him and there'd be no chance whatsoever.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 11:06:18 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't see how anybody thinks Paul is better than Rondo in the first place.  Deron Williams maybe....just maybe.  Also Rondo is perfect for the current Celtics roster.

I would LOVE for Paul or some other true PG to go to Miami to try to co-exist with the messiah and Wade.  The messiah will never win a championship anyway.  Put a true PG on the same team with him and there'd be no chance whatsoever.

Because we have watched him play.

I would do the trade in a heartbeat. 

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Because we have watched him play.

I would do the trade in a heartbeat. 

So have I.  I wouldn't consider it. 

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I stick with Rondo. Okafor has a bad contract and he really hasnt shown too much for me. CP3 is a great great point guard but he needs to dominate the ball plus hes a 20 point per game scorer. With Pierce Ray ray and Garnett on the team there wouldnt be enough ball movement.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
NO is motivated to trade Paul because they have another great PG in Collison. Think they would have zero interest in Rondo for that reason. Not a good fit for them.

That's what I was thinking/ They don't have a reason to trade Paul for another lesser star PG. if they did trade him it would be for a star of another position.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 11:53:36 AM »

Offline ScalPal

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'd do this trade in heartbeat as Paul IS better than Rondo.

But it's pointless for NO. They'd like a young wing back that can pair with Collison.

Chris Paul and Julian Wright for Granger and TJ Ford works and i think would be great for both teams as INDY NEEDS a PG badly and has Dunleavey, Rush and now Paul George. And Ford's deal expires after this year.

Re: Idea: Rondo/Sheed for CP3? (Simmons stole my post)
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 04:31:01 PM »

Offline bcgenuis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 29
OLD NEWS!!! 

Why because Simmons writes about it does it become news.  Tell Simmons not to steal my posts! 

I stated this 2 weeks ago.

Blah!