Author Topic: Dan Gilbert's Letter to Cavs Fans... Wow!  (Read 21100 times)

Dan Gilbert's Letter to Cavs Fans... Wow!
« on: July 08, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

A Letter From Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Wow!  Hey Dan send us the talent, what there is of it, left over on your roster to us so we can knock off the Heat and of course the Lakers!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Re: Dan Gilbert's Letter to Cavs Fans... Wow!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »

Offline LD42

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
TP for you, I was just about to post this. WOW this is cold, Dan Gilbert went hard on the Queen, lol

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I can't believe the NBA is allowing for that to be right on the front page of the Cavs website.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 11:33:03 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
They won't be winning a championship for at least 10 years. If they couldn't succesfully build around Lebron, then there's no way they'll sniff the trophy for a loooong time. Hey, they'll be in the lottery for the next several years so who knows.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 11:35:32 PM »

Offline jax_celtsfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Whoa, I cannot believe he wrote that. I mean, wow, that's pretty impressive for him to be so candid. I wonder if that stays up on the site for very long.

Cleveland is p---ED
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 11:36:38 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Went to the Cavaliers site, the owner is p---ed, and so is the city...

This letter is full of hatred...wow looks like Lebron leaving have a big impact on Cleveland, like a LOT...
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

here is the source http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:37:02 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Gilbert's got stones, that's for sure.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 11:37:44 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
They won't be winning a championship for at least 10 years. If they couldn't succesfully build around Lebron, then there's no way they'll sniff the trophy for a loooong time. Hey, they'll be in the lottery for the next several years so who knows.

They couldn't build around LeBron because of LeBron. He had to go to a team with a strong nucleus because he didn't have the patience to allow the Cavs to build a strong team around him.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 11:37:59 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Yeah I respect him for that.  I can't believe Stern is allowing him to have that on the front page of the Cavs website.  He is definitely going to get fined for it.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:38:06 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I love this! :o

I can't wait to see the Heat play in Cleveland next year... should be epic.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 11:38:11 PM »

Offline rkls134

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
TP for you, I was just about to post this. WOW this is cold, Dan Gilbert went hard on the Queen, lol

When I first started reading I thought this has to be fake, but then I went to the front page and saw it there. WOW :o :o

That's how you do it my dude!!  Big Dan definitely went in; ALL the way IN!!   ;D ;D

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 11:38:24 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Drama...  Feel bad for Cleveland fans.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 11:39:33 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Duh! Lebron leaving cost him big bucks. The franchise probably lost $100s million. I'd be peeved too.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
balls the size of the buckeye state itself... :o

TP (or whatever they hand out in Cleveland) to Dan Gilbert.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Yeah I respect him for that.  I can't believe Stern is allowing him to have that on the front page of the Cavs website.  He is definitely going to get fined for it.

Yeah. I'm sure he'll pay up happily after he got that off his chest  ;)