Author Topic: Predict: Where Does Lebron End Up? Vol. 7  (Read 4144 times)

Re: Predict: Where Does Lebron End Up? Vol. 7
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Lebron should reframe this in terms of competition and say something like "I love winning but I love my home town more"

He needs to redefine what greatness really is and say greatness isn't running away from your problems to join some all-star team out of fear, but is fighting against that and putting your town and team before bling.

Winning at all cost is hollow he should say and he doesn't want an asterix next to his rings.

Upon that statement Bosh, Wade, and our big three should crawl under a rock and hope nobody looks at them.

It's his only shot

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 11:55:04 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
New York.  

Ain't going to be Miami, he's not sharing the spotlight with Wade and Bosh.

Ain't going to be New Jersey, he's not playing in Newark for two years.

Ain't going to be Cleveland, the team they've built around him just isn't good enough and it's hard for them to make it any better given the contracts involved.

Ain't going to be Chicago, he's not playing in the shadow of MJ.  LeBron needs someone to kiss up to him, and Reinsdorf never kissed up to MJ.

Not going to be any other over-the-cap team in a S&T (Dallas, or whoever), or we would have heard rumblings about it from somewhere.  

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I still got Cleveland even though the media says Heat. I think he just wants a legit shot at winning and doesn't really want to leave and the Cavs must have shown him some master plan to win big time. I don't think he wants to leave the palace he has either or make enemies everywhere.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 11:57:58 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
My gut tells me Cleveland, but I'll follow the reports and predict Miami.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 11:59:02 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I say NY. Think Miami is BS done to create drama.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »

Offline Larry Pistol

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8

Agreed 100%. Lebrons ego is far too large to go to Miami. Even if they did win, his legacy would be that he needed two all-stars in their prime to win. Plus it wouldn't be ALL about Lebron, which is what he wants.
IMO he's going to NYC. Great market, lots of fans, even if they do suck...plus I think Chicago is out of the mix now that they signed Boozer.

By the way, Lebron is the most overrated player in the NBA. I'm not saying he's not good, but he's not the MVP of our league. I think Durant should have gotten it. Brought his team almost 30 more wins than the previous year. Put it this way...if I was 6'8" and 260lbs, I bet I could hit the OCCASIONAL three pointer, and I also bet I could run into the lane, get fouled and throw up a shot. He relied on foul shots for points. Not saying that's bad at all, it's smart. He's just overrated. Call me when he can hit a mid range jump shot with any kind of consistency.

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »

Offline Larry Pistol

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8

Let me fix that last part...

Agreed 100%. Lebrons ego is far too large to go to Miami. Even if they did win, his legacy would be that he needed two all-stars in their prime to win. Plus it wouldn't be ALL about Lebron, which is what he wants.
IMO he's going to NYC. Great market, lots of fans, even if they do suck...plus I think Chicago is out of the mix now that they signed Boozer.

By the way, Lebron is the most overrated player in the NBA. I'm not saying he's not good, but he's not the MVP of our league. I think Durant should have gotten it. Brought his team almost 30 more wins than the previous year.

Put it this way...if I was 6'8" and 260lbs, I bet I could hit the OCCASIONAL three pointer, and I also bet I could run into the lane, get fouled and throw up a shot. He relied on foul shots for points. Not saying that's bad at all, it's smart. Everyone does it, but he's not a good shooter for a small forward. He's just overrated. This is the NBA right?? Call me when he can hit a mid range jump shot with any kind of consistency.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 12:13:33 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm actually starting to feel a little bad for Cleveland...I'll say the Cavs.

Do you think their fans will be excited about the Cavs entering the Josh Howard sweepstakes if Bronnie leaves?
Yup

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 01:06:32 PM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
I predict that Danny works the phones tonight and trades Gaffney, Sheed's retiring contract and a 2012 2nd round pick for a resigned LeBron.  Pierce moves to the 2 guard and Ray moves to the bench.

In the off chance that does not happen, I think it is Cleveland.

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 09:54:51 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Thursday,  July 8th, 2010 is finally here. Any last minute predictions on where Lebron signs?

The possibilities are still wide open but it's time to stand tall and make a prediction:

Lebron James will announce tomorrow that he is joining Bosh and Wade in Miami.

This time I'm saying back to Cleveland and Kevin Love will join him soon after forming the newest Big Three of

James
Love
Irving
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 10:32:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think it is CLE.   They would have announced after the meeting if it was MIA, I think.  He might leave MIA like a thief in the night , not that they would notice.  It is what he did in CLE last time.