Author Topic: I will never look at Greg Dickerson the same now  (Read 18932 times)

I will never look at Greg Dickerson the same now
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I love Greg Dickerson, but tonight on Mohegan Suns Sports Tonight Dickerson said he hates soccer.

I will never look at him the same now.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Re: I love Greg Dickerson, but not after what he said tonight...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:17:22 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Tonight on Mohegan Suns Sports Tonight Dickerson said he hates soccer.

Well, I dont have a clue about who Greg Dickerson is but I already hate him if he said this! Besides, his surname fits him doesnt it? :)
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

Re: I love Greg Dickerson, but not after what he said tonight...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 07:20:07 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Tonight on Mohegan Suns Sports Tonight Dickerson said he hates soccer.

Well, I dont have a clue about who Greg Dickerson is but I already hate him if he said this! Besides, his surname fits him doesnt it? :)

Greg Dickerson does the sideline reporting for the C's and is really good, but I will never look at him the same when he is reporting now.

Re: I will never look at Greg Dickerson the same now
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I love Greg Dickerson, but tonight on Mohegan Suns Sports Tonight Dickerson said he hates soccer.

Well, it's generally a boring sport. I'm not a huge fan. I hope you still look at me the same. :'(
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Well, it's generally a boring sport. I'm not a huge fan. I hope you still look at me the same. :'(

Lol soccer can be a boring sport, but most of the time it is great and I still love it, and I especially playing it.

Of course I'll look at you the same Jsaad TP.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Lol soccer can be a boring sport, but most of the time it is great and I still love it, and I especially playing it.

'Hate' may be too strong a word. But, I can safely say that I've never been able to watch more than a few minutes of a soccer game.  I haven't seen a second of the World Cup and have little interst in who wins. 

I also don't like to watch curling (unless those Canadian women are playing).

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I think people looked at you kind of funny to begin with.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 07:46:08 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
     I think soccer is terribly boring but I still prefer it to baseball. I have'nt watched either by choice since I was a kid. If I'm in a car and someone has the baseball game on and I can't get away it honestly drives me nuts. I really HATE the game.
      I'm sure this is a question that soccer fans are sick of because it must have been suggested a million times. It just makes too much sense.. why don't they make the field smaller??!!! Is it because it would ruin records?
     I don't think it was smart of Dickerson to say that but if he had said I hate baseball I would like him a lot more.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 07:50:03 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
     I think soccer is terribly boring but I still prefer it to baseball. I have'nt watched either by choice since I was a kid. If I'm in a car and someone has the baseball game on and I can't get away it honestly drives me nuts. I really HATE the game.
      I'm sure this is a question that soccer fans are sick of because it must have been suggested a million times. It just makes too much sense.. why don't they make the field smaller??!!! Is it because it would ruin records?
     I don't think it was smart of Dickerson to say that but if he had said I hate baseball I would like him a lot more.

I don't think it was a big deal at all of Dickerson saying he hates soccer lol.  A lot of people like Dickerson on here and a lot of people on here like soccer so that's why I put up this thread.

To me it isn't really a big deal lol and I put this up really as a joke.  I like Greg and was a little disappointed to hear he hates soccer lol, but I honestly could not care lol.

I love baseball too by the way lol.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 07:50:59 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Any sport where a 0-0 tie is a very likely outcome...  just no, don't bother playing.  They need to make the goal like two feet wider or something. 

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 08:02:42 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Seriously, can't you have a series of kicks at the goal from everyone ? How can you end it in a tie? It's like they purposely want to make it boring. I think a smaller field would better showcase thes guys athleticism. They could even add boards on the side and they could kick the ball off the boards!Soccer fans must laugh at these ideas. But I think if you did this stuff and you had a contact sport with some scoring it would be successful. People would care about their local soccer team. I'd absolutely watch a league like that.Make it what we would consider one of the FIVE major sports !

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 08:05:14 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I didn't expect when I put this thread up that soccer would be getting completely bashed.  I put it up as a joke because most on here like Dickerson and like soccer.  I guess I shouldn't have put it up now.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 08:19:51 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Seriously, can't you have a series of kicks at the goal from everyone ? How can you end it in a tie? It's like they purposely want to make it boring. I think a smaller field would better showcase thes guys athleticism. They could even add boards on the side and they could kick the ball off the boards!Soccer fans must laugh at these ideas. But I think if you did this stuff and you had a contact sport with some scoring it would be successful. People would care about their local soccer team. I'd absolutely watch a league like that.Make it what we would consider one of the FIVE major sports !

See I consider both hockey and soccer to be pretty boring sports.  To me, there are 3 major sports.  Baseball, football, and basketball.

A funny coincidence: those are the 3 sports I played growing up.

I can see why people would think baseball is pretty boring.  I guess I love it because I can relate to the players on the field, having been a player myself.  I would never want them to make major rule changes to baseball for entertainments sake.  I imagine soccer fans and hockey fans feel the same way about their sports. 
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 08:23:59 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

That's cool. I can get into anything if it's a big game with the best involved. Just generally speaking, never considered watching a minute of Revolution soccer.

Back at ya  :)

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

I think people looked at you kind of funny to begin with.

After 6900 posts you finally made a good point.