Author Topic: Best Case scenario based on todays rumors  (Read 6914 times)

Best Case scenario based on todays rumors
« on: July 01, 2010, 11:33:55 PM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
1) re-sign Pierce 3 years, $40 mill. If a 4 year deal, Pierce agrees to pull a Sheed and retire early. Have the final year be a big payout year, so we get to trade the contract as an expiring contract a la Sheed.

2) re-sign Ray Allen 3 years, $25 mill.

3) Sign Brendan Haywood for the full MLE. Hopefully he takes it because he believes this gives him the best chance at getting a ring.

4) Trade Sheed's contract and filler for Marvin Williams. ATL needs to shed salary to overpay Joe Johnson.

5) If management is truly serious about making a title run, then we must re-sign Nate, TA, and give vet min contracts to Shelden, Scal, and find a couple more solid vet min guys.

I think we need Nate's shooting and energy off the bench.

Nov/Dec lineup

PG- Rondo/Nate/Bradley

2G- Ray/ TA

WF- Pierce/Williams

PF- KG/ BBD/ Marvin can help

C- Haywood / Vet min. or Shelden

Re: Best Case scenario based on todays rumors
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 11:40:49 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Sorry to go off topic...but is there any way we could get rid of Shelden ??

Btw am not too sold on Marvin Williams....can't we get someone better with Sheed's contract ??

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:00:35 AM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
Sorry to go off topic...but is there any way we could get rid of Shelden ??

Btw am not too sold on Marvin Williams....can't we get someone better with Sheed's contract ??

I don't think there is a better young player out there than Marvin Williams. I think he would thrive under Doc and in our system with guys like Pierce, Ray and KG. He has never been around great veteran players. He has also never played with a PG like Rajon.

I would take Williams over Morrow,Outlaw, Mike MIller and JJ Redick.

Please tell me who we could acquire instead of Williams with Sheeds deal, provided we acquire Haywood for the MLE.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:43:18 AM »

Offline nora gretz

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
1) re-sign Pierce 3 years, $40 mill. If a 4 year deal, Pierce agrees to pull a Sheed and retire early. Have the final year be a big payout year, so we get to trade the contract as an expiring contract a la Sheed.

3) Sign Brendan Haywood for the full MLE. Hopefully he takes it because he believes this gives him the best chance at getting a ring.

4) Trade Sheed's contract and filler for Marvin Williams. ATL needs to shed salary to overpay Joe Johnson.

5) If management is truly serious about making a title run, then we must re-sign Nate, TA, and give vet min contracts to Shelden, Scal, and find a couple more solid vet min guys.

Nov/Dec lineup

PG- Rondo/Nate/Bradley

2G- Ray/ TA

WF- Pierce/Williams

although i agree with the post somewhat, i strongly believe Danny will somehow end up getting Mike Miller+Morrow (or Redick),
it's a toss up between our starting & back up center/forward pos. though..

he's shown interest in

Brad Miller
Haywood
Frye
David Lee

who can all hit the 3-ball (except haywood)

Danny Initially wanted Haywood/or Stevenson + Caron & Boozer
before the All Star Break, so Haywood looks like a frontrunner...

all i know is morrow + miller + Haywood + Lee are all in play

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 12:44:17 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

Sheed is acting like an unguaranteed contract (e.g. Erick Dampier) - if you trade him to Team A, then Sheed's salary will be off the books (because he is officially retiring)

With your Pierce scenario, he would be an expiring contract, but retiring would have no effect unless Pierce is willing to give up that money (in which case it's the same as signing the three-year deal for him). He will act as only a regular expiring contract.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 01:40:58 AM »

Offline rkls134

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Best case scenario for me would be

David Lee feels disrespected by how he's been treated by NY and signs with one of it's chief rivals for the MLE, in the hopes of kicking their brains in 4 times a year + the playoffs and crush all hopes of a title for whoever they buy.

Trade Sheed's contract for anything out of Golden St. At this point I don't care who. Randolph, Morrow, Azubuike, Biedrins, Turiaf, Gadzuric, pick one Nellie, I don't care which one,LET'S GO ALREADY!!

Shaq or Brad signs for the vet min 1yr to get a ring

Re-sign Nate & Tony, Paul & Ray

And    LET'S GET IT ON!!

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 01:44:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

David Lee feels disrespected by how he's been treated by NY and signs with one of it's chief rivals for the MLE, in the hopes of kicking their brains in 4 times a year + the playoffs and crush all hopes of a title for whoever they buy.

Trade Sheed's contract for anything out of Golden St. At this point I don't care who. Randolph, Morrow, Azubuike, Biedrins, Turiaf, Gadzuric, pick one Nellie, I don't care which one,LET'S GO ALREADY!!

And    LET'S GET IT ON!!

Not bad at all ... I like it, (if workable). (Here's your first Tommy Point!) I'd personally take Morrow in this scenario ... kid is a bundle of potential.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 01:52:39 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

And    LET'S GET IT ON!!

Why would David Lee hate the Knicks that much?  He's a young player and he's done nothing but have fun and not try on defense the last few years.

So far I think we've seen that players aren't going to be taking paycuts to 'win.'  Huge, bloated, ridiculous contracts are obviously available and every free agent will hold out as long as possible to try and get one.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 01:56:12 AM »

Offline rkls134

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3

And    LET'S GET IT ON!!

Not bad at all ... I like it, (if workable). (Here's your first Tommy Point!) I'd personally take Morrow in this scenario ... kid is a bundle of potential.

Thanks for the TP, ;D I was starting to wonder what it took to get one, I guess getting a little irritated right before going to bed did the trick.

Goodnight everybody  ;D

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 02:02:53 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

And    LET'S GET IT ON!!

Thanks for the TP, ;D I was starting to wonder what it took to get one, I guess getting a little irritated right before going to bed did the trick.

Goodnight everybody  ;D

Sleep well ... and welcome to CB! :)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 02:24:17 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Nov/Dec lineup

PG- Rondo/Nate/Bradley

2G- Ray/ TA

WF- Pierce/Williams

although i agree with the post somewhat, i strongly believe Danny will somehow end up getting Mike Miller+Morrow (or Redick),
it's a toss up between our starting & back up center/forward pos. though..

he's shown interest in

Brad Miller
Haywood
Frye
David Lee

who can all hit the 3-ball (except haywood)

Danny Initially wanted Haywood/or Stevenson + Caron & Boozer
before the All Star Break, so Haywood looks like a frontrunner...

all i know is morrow + miller + Haywood + Lee are all in play
Since when can David Lee hit a 3? David Lee has no ability whatsoever to hit 3's.

Regarding the OP, Nate would also have to be a min contract if Haywood took the full MLE.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 03:33:29 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
We can resign Nate to 125% of his previus deal, so its like 5mil/y and not vet.min. I believe NateRob would be awesome in Nellie land. It would be great to resign him (like 11mil/2years) and trade him and Sheed for resign Morrow (26mil/4years),Randolph and Turiaf. Bring Duhon or Dooling for vet min. to spell Rondo. With MLE sign Mike Miller. Resign TA.

Rondo/Duhon or Dooling/Bradley
R.Allen/Morrow/Bradley/TA
Pierce/Miller/TA
Garnett/Randolph/Davis
Turiaf (Perkins from january)/Davis/Erden

With addition of Morrow and Miller we become a deadly 3pt shooting team. In Rondo, Bradley, Randolph, Davis and Perkins we have solid nucleus to post big3 era.
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 07:37:31 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Haywood + Marvin would be a tremendous off season. I'm down with that.

and I agree that we should re-sign TA and Nate. both delivered in the playoffs when it counted, so why not re-sign them?

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 07:45:07 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
We can resign Nate to 125% of his previus deal, so its like 5mil/y and not vet.min. I believe NateRob would be awesome in Nellie land. It would be great to resign him (like 11mil/2years) and trade him and Sheed for resign Morrow (26mil/4years),Randolph and Turiaf. Bring Duhon or Dooling for vet min. to spell Rondo. With MLE sign Mike Miller. Resign TA.

Rondo/Duhon or Dooling/Bradley
R.Allen/Morrow/Bradley/TA
Pierce/Miller/TA
Garnett/Randolph/Davis
Turiaf (Perkins from january)/Davis/Erden

With addition of Morrow and Miller we become a deadly 3pt shooting team. In Rondo, Bradley, Randolph, Davis and Perkins we have solid nucleus to post big3 era.

Did I just read that the Lakers have offered M Miller $30M over 5?

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Sign and trade for David Lee. Something like Sheed, Davis and a filler plus a second rounder.

Paul and Ray resigned to the tune of 3 years 42M

Anthony Morrow 5 years/30M

Rasual Butler, Brad Miller (Or Shaq) to vets min

Resigned Tony Allen 2 years/6M and Oliver Lafayette to minimum

Rondo/Bradley/Lafayette
Ray/Morrow/Tony
Pierce/Butler
KG/someone/Harrangody
David Lee/Shaq(Miller)/Perk*

Yea? Yea, sounds good.