Author Topic: Lebron Called Ray about going to Miami heat with him  (Read 10626 times)

Re: Lebron Called Ray about going to Miami heat with him
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 08:42:01 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I've said all along, i see Wade + Lebron in Miami plus another free agent big. 

Lebron has this idea that he's gonna create some super team, and wade has vowed many times he's staying in Miami. 

I think Lebron takes their other Max contract, and a guy like Bosh or Stoudamire takes the remainder of whats left (less than max) or ends up in Miami due to a beasley trade.

Scary, but i still wouldnt trade our big 3's heart for no one.

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 08:42:51 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
But, actually, isn't this what the Celtics did with Ray, KG and Sheed?   Now the other teams are copying it.  I am surprised it is not now against the rules,  ;) .  Usually if the Celtics benefit from a loophole, that loophole is closed quickly!  Although LeBron playing one team against another seems different than Wade or Pierce and company soliciting for their team...

This is not what the Celtics did.  We didn't have a player who was not officially a member of the Celtics recruiting Sheed.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 08:49:36 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
No way: Paul's here, Doc's here, the Cs will pay him something like 8mil -- not the vet min he would have to take there -- he's stayin....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 09:29:54 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
But, actually, isn't this what the Celtics did with Ray, KG and Sheed?   Now the other teams are copying it.  I am surprised it is not now against the rules,  ;) .  Usually if the Celtics benefit from a loophole, that loophole is closed quickly!  Although LeBron playing one team against another seems different than Wade or Pierce and company soliciting for their team...

This is not what the Celtics did.  We didn't have a player who was not officially a member of the Celtics recruiting Sheed.
Thanks, bankshot, that is what I originally thought, but it sounded plausible the way it was described...I knew Wade was a free agent, but evidently he had verbally assured that he was staying in Miami (not sure what kind of statements are legal in the time frame of free agency.  What LeBron is doing, IMO, is totally wrong, and if it is not illegal or against the rules, it should be.   
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 10:43:14 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Lebron:  Hi, Ray, I was thinking, after me Dwyane and Chris all sign for ridiclous amounts of money would you come and help us basically for free?  Thanks buddy!

Ray:  HAHAHAHA!  Good luck with Earl Barron and Mario Chalmers next year!

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 11:05:17 AM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
LeBron also tried recruiting Ray before he re-signed with the Sonics and Ray turned him down then.  And that was for max dollars.  I doubt he now agrees to play with him for a veterans minimum.

(And that is not even considering anything related to the Celtics)

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 11:14:39 AM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8
hey lebron,
if you just so happen to read this I would like to tell you pipe it and not call our beloved ray allen again for he wants to be a part of banner 18. thank you.

sincerely,
future 18  ;)
I bleed Green

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 12:16:36 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Just heard it on the update on WEEI. Not sure where they got it from , but they said Lebron called Ray to ask him if he would join the Miami Heat for less money if he were to sign there.

This is going to be a very interesting week or so

In that scenario is Dwayne Wade point guard?

In that scenario David Stern would implement a nrule introducing a 2nd ball into the game.

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I was thinking the same thing. There is nothing wrong with players working for their preferred work environment.

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 12:27:18 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Just heard it on the update on WEEI. Not sure where they got it from , but they said Lebron called Ray to ask him if he would join the Miami Heat for less money if he were to sign there.

This rumor suddenly becomes a lot more interesting...

At the time, I was thinking "Why would Ray need to take less? Miami is under the cap." but after the S&T is complete with Bosh and Lebron signs there, all Miami can offer is the MIN.

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 12:31:17 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

At the time, I was thinking "Why would Ray need to take less? Miami is under the cap." but after the S&T is complete with Bosh and Lebron signs there, all Miami can offer is the MIN.

I don't think so.  Not with the way Ray's talking about this (see his text to the Globe on their main page).  If this was going to be a sign and trade, they would've waited until tomorrow to announce this. 

Also, what exactly is Miami going to give us?  They have two players under contract and I'm not sure either of them even add up to the amount it would take for us to trade Ray to them. 

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 12:42:12 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

I don't think so.  Not with the way Ray's talking about this (see his text to the Globe on their main page).  If this was going to be a sign and trade, they would've waited until tomorrow to announce this. 

Also, what exactly is Miami going to give us?  They have two players under contract and I'm not sure either of them even add up to the amount it would take for us to trade Ray to them. 

I think you misread? Bosh will join Miami via S&T.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 01:11:21 AM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Wade is not even a member of the Miami Heat (yet?)...how can he recruit for them?  Wouldn't this be collusion or something?  (Collusion might not be the right word for it, but I am not a lawyer...)

Yeah, that's the irony.  If the owners or GM's talked with each other about what players to offer contracts to and which ones to not, that would be against the rules.  Players, on the other hand, have no restriction on getting together and talking about where they will go, or agreeing to go together.

What are you guys talking about? The player is the team's "property" until said player decides to make a move which doesn't involve said team.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland