Poll

Vote for as many 3 members

RebusRankin (needs TPs to pay for therapy)
Redz (needs to pay off Roy Hobbs' henchmen)
FLCeltsfan (links sorceress & game thread goddess
wdleehi (renamed LA Lakers draft team to LA Swine)
celticsclay (lost all his TPs and his job)
ACF (stayed up wicked late to watch C's games)
Dybdal (stayed up wicked late too)
drza44 (went through hell and back to make it to L.A. for game 7 with 19 month old son)
 Tnerb02 (voted even though it said not too yet)
thirstyboots18 (TPs are good, but hugs are better)
lon3lytoaster (dressed a blow up alien in a Larry Bird short and attached to a hoop for the Finals)
Jeff (he's Jeff)
cdif911 (is awesome)
Edgar (converting Salvadorans to Celtics fans like Lucky the Messiah)
StartOrien (saved an entire orphanage from a burning home, but then my best friend got crushed by a structural beam)
Greenbean (is actually Walter McCarty)
ajgoodman (migrated to CB after being snubbed for a mod spot at Celtics.com...also stubbed toe...HEY, snubbed and stubbed - that rhymes)
RAcker (because Nick Saban freakin' says so...Red 2nds that emotion)
Jon Niednage (has ban on anything purple & gold)
Q_FBE (pain of Celtics losing is so bad has had to go Seattle Storm WNBA games)
Witch-King (made bet that he's sneak into an abandoned factory if the C's lost to the Cavs)

Author Topic: 3rd Annual TP Pageant (Winners Announced)  (Read 16525 times)

Re: 3rd Annual TP Pageant
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 12:29:16 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I flew 3000 miles to Los Angeles with my 19-month old son, both of us wearing #5 Celtics jerseys, on the day of game 7 of the Finals.  Our first flight was cancelled because the windshield broke on the plane we were to fly.  Delta had no replacement flights that could get us there before game time, so we shelled out a bunch more money to Southwest and had several airport adventures before we could finally get there.

My son and I walked into the Staples Center wearing those jerseys, and boldly walked into a section where we were utterly surrounded by Purple and Gold. 

We proudly watched our squad make their stand, and every Lakers fan in our vicinity was sick at the prospect of facing us after a Green win.

We had to watch, surrounded by the enemy, as our squad came up just short.  We had to take the gloating from all of those Laker lovers who minutes before had been wetting their pants.  We had to walk out with our heads held high while an entire stadium celebrated.  We had to walk out, still wearing Celtics jerseys, into the LA night that would soon be trashed by idiots celebrating the win.  And then we had to spend an entire **** WEEK in the LA area where you couldn't turn on the tv, the radio, or even walk down the daggone street without some yahoo yelling about how great Kobe and the Lakers were.   :-X

I bet all of my TPs on a Cs win, as well as spent a stupid amount of money and brought my baby boy with me to support the ideal of #18.  Give me my TPs back.  I deserve them.  That is all.

Well, you just got one from me. That is a tough story.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »

Offline ajgoodman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • 'Cause there ain't no fours!
I deserve Tommy Points because the guys over at Celtics.com snubbed me, their most famous commenter, out of the Fan Moderator job.

Therefore, I have become a migrant worker to come over here and kiss all of your asses instead.

I have this:

I stubbed my toe on the door frame and it still hurts.

I made a couple interesting threads yesterday.

I was a ghost reader here for about a year before I actually decided to start adding.

Whatever happened to PerkIsABeast.com?

I made this a long time ago in MS Paint:

Once I had a dream that KG tried to eat me.

I'm also secretly a super hero.

And that's why I deserve Tommy Points.

I also make really good sandwiches:

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Is it time for the swimsuit competition?
Well....I'm not giving up chocolate just to fit into a swimsuit...ha ha ha ha ha
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 03:50:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Is it time for the swimsuit competition?
Well....I'm not giving up chocolate just to fit into a swimsuit...ha ha ha ha ha

I won't go there with an oldy for TB

Yup

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 03:58:55 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I deserve Tommy Points because the guys over at Celtics.com snubbed me, their most famous commenter, out of the Fan Moderator job.

Therefore, I have become a migrant worker to come over here and kiss all of your asses instead.

I have this:

I stubbed my toe on the door frame and it still hurts.

I made a couple interesting threads yesterday.

I was a ghost reader here for about a year before I actually decided to start adding.

Whatever happened to PerkIsABeast.com?

I made this a long time ago in MS Paint:

Once I had a dream that KG tried to eat me.

I'm also secretly a super hero.

And that's why I deserve Tommy Points.

I also make really good sandwiches:

Very good post. But next time, no purple plates. They hurt people's eyes.

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

"See those TP's there?  I want them  over here in RAcker's pile right now! Why?  Because I freakin' said so!!!!"

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2010, 04:03:41 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
When I was in High School (60s) my dad found one of these old woolen bathing suits in the garage at my grandmother's camp in Milton, NH.  He wore it swimming (to embarass me in front of my friends)!  Well, it was OLD and when he was in the water it stretched out and practically disintegrated.  One of the guys got him a blanket so he could come back out of the water. I wasn't the one with a red face!  Thanks for the memory, Redz.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

"I also endorse RAcker.  How many more legendary coaches do you need?"

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 04:14:08 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
I flew 3000 miles to Los Angeles with my 19-month old son, both of us wearing #5 Celtics jerseys, on the day of game 7 of the Finals.  Our first flight was cancelled because the windshield broke on the plane we were to fly.  Delta had no replacement flights that could get us there before game time, so we shelled out a bunch more money to Southwest and had several airport adventures before we could finally get there.

My son and I walked into the Staples Center wearing those jerseys, and boldly walked into a section where we were utterly surrounded by Purple and Gold. 

We proudly watched our squad make their stand, and every Lakers fan in our vicinity was sick at the prospect of facing us after a Green win.

We had to watch, surrounded by the enemy, as our squad came up just short.  We had to take the gloating from all of those Laker lovers who minutes before had been wetting their pants.  We had to walk out with our heads held high while an entire stadium celebrated.  We had to walk out, still wearing Celtics jerseys, into the LA night that would soon be trashed by idiots celebrating the win.  And then we had to spend an entire **** WEEK in the LA area where you couldn't turn on the tv, the radio, or even walk down the daggone street without some yahoo yelling about how great Kobe and the Lakers were.   :-X

I bet all of my TPs on a Cs win, as well as spent a stupid amount of money and brought my baby boy with me to support the ideal of #18.  Give me my TPs back.  I deserve them.  That is all.

You and your kid are tough mean sunuvaEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.es and earn my complete respect .. How do I give a ridiculously vast amount of TPs?
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 04:42:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
When I was in High School (60s) my dad found one of these old woolen bathing suits in the garage at my grandmother's camp in Milton, NH.  He wore it swimming (to embarass me in front of my friends)!  Well, it was OLD and when he was in the water it stretched out and practically disintegrated.  One of the guys got him a blanket so he could come back out of the water. I wasn't the one with a red face!  Thanks for the memory, Redz.

lol

a dad after my own heart
Yup

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
i just  got my iphone wet and then tried to take it apart to let it dry out (per instructions online). My case opener then slid and cut my thumb. So now I have a bloody thumb and need to go buy a phone. This seemed like the appropriate thread for this sob story.

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 04:43:55 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I don't own anything Purple or Gold, and immediately trash any gift with such colors (my two toddlers don't even know who Barney is).
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
That's a tp worth story :)
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 03:08:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Just remembered out this thinga-ma-hooz.

Anyone else want to state their case? Fire away.

I'll try to get a poll up tonight.
Yup

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Sigh...I guess I am just going to have to earn my TPs the old fashioned way.  I don't have a good reason why I should win this poll.  I am borderline computer illiterate and don't know how to put an image in Roy's thread (generous offer to return all TPs by the way)...guess I will just have to keep posting and hope I don't make too many people angry.  Maybe they will take pity on me and give me a few TPs.  How about....you start giving TPs for most active (talkative) chatters,  ;D  Then I might have a chance!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...