Poll

Vote for as many 3 members

RebusRankin (needs TPs to pay for therapy)
Redz (needs to pay off Roy Hobbs' henchmen)
FLCeltsfan (links sorceress & game thread goddess
wdleehi (renamed LA Lakers draft team to LA Swine)
celticsclay (lost all his TPs and his job)
ACF (stayed up wicked late to watch C's games)
Dybdal (stayed up wicked late too)
drza44 (went through hell and back to make it to L.A. for game 7 with 19 month old son)
 Tnerb02 (voted even though it said not too yet)
thirstyboots18 (TPs are good, but hugs are better)
lon3lytoaster (dressed a blow up alien in a Larry Bird short and attached to a hoop for the Finals)
Jeff (he's Jeff)
cdif911 (is awesome)
Edgar (converting Salvadorans to Celtics fans like Lucky the Messiah)
StartOrien (saved an entire orphanage from a burning home, but then my best friend got crushed by a structural beam)
Greenbean (is actually Walter McCarty)
ajgoodman (migrated to CB after being snubbed for a mod spot at Celtics.com...also stubbed toe...HEY, snubbed and stubbed - that rhymes)
RAcker (because Nick Saban freakin' says so...Red 2nds that emotion)
Jon Niednage (has ban on anything purple & gold)
Q_FBE (pain of Celtics losing is so bad has had to go Seattle Storm WNBA games)
Witch-King (made bet that he's sneak into an abandoned factory if the C's lost to the Cavs)

Author Topic: 3rd Annual TP Pageant (Winners Announced)  (Read 16542 times)

3rd Annual TP Pageant (Winners Announced)
« on: June 29, 2010, 10:40:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
OK gentle-CB-folk I thought this thing had run its course last year, but it seems we all got a little loose with our gambling habits and lost a small ransom worth of TPs when the Celts failed to bury the worthless pieces of dung in the Finals. So, I'm afraid we must now puff out our chest and beg for our TPs the old fashioned way - not with an empty coffee can and a guitar, but through the self created grandeur of a Pageant.

Yes indeed it's once again it's time to put on the swimwear, dust off your solutions for world peace, and get ready to do battle in the 2nd Annual TP Pageant.

The rules are pretty simple.  State your case, pat yourself on the back, tell us why YOU should be win the honor of being this year's TP Pageant winner.

After a few days a poll will posted and we can vote for the most deserving contestants (or just vote for yourself since personal pedestal preening is fully encouraged).

Winners in both the Staff and Non-Staff categories will be garnished in glory and showered with copious amounts of Tommy Points.

So, on your mark, get set...SELL YOUR CASE
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:43:28 PM by Redz »
Yup

Re: 3rd Annual TP Pageant
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:18:30 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I had slowly amassed a nice collection of Tommy Points and then Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, the refs and David Stern stole them from me and more importantly Banner 18 from the Celtics. I need more Tommy points to pay for all the therapy I am currently undergoing and will undergo in the future to deal with these traumatic events.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 11:23:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol....the tags at the bottom of this thread are as funny as the thread itself!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 11:25:14 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I actually bet more TPs than I had.  Now I need to come up with a crapload of TPs fast or Roy Hobbs' lackeys are going to break my knees.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 11:25:30 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I created 106 game threads this season.  The game threads were always up at least a day early and I didn't miss a single one.  I also posted millions (maybe even billions) of links over the season (and will be doing so again in the near future).  I spent hours every day (some days as many as 5 hours) searching for links and posting them so that all you fine folks would be able to find your Celtics news all in one place. While I did all of the above for the love of the Celtics and the love of the Celtics community, a few TP's would be nice too :)

PS: I'm going to need some therapy after reading the above post in purple I hate purple.  Purple is an evil color, especially when paired with gold. Seems like writing in purple on a Celtics site should be banned. 

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 11:28:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I created 106 game threads this season.  The game threads were always up at least a day early and I didn't miss a single one.  I also posted millions (maybe even billions) of links over the season (and will be doing so again in the near future).  I spent hours every day (some days as many as 5 hours) searching for links and posting them so that all you fine folks would be able to find your Celtics news all in one place. While I did all of the above for the love of the Celtics and the love of the Celtics community, a few TP's would be nice too :)

FL never fights fair in these things.  Being all honest and truly deserving and stuff.   >:(

;D  We've got to get you back up to 1/1 TO ratio
Yup

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 11:36:40 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I created 106 game threads this season.  The game threads were always up at least a day early and I didn't miss a single one.  I also posted millions (maybe even billions) of links over the season (and will be doing so again in the near future).  I spent hours every day (some days as many as 5 hours) searching for links and posting them so that all you fine folks would be able to find your Celtics news all in one place. While I did all of the above for the love of the Celtics and the love of the Celtics community, a few TP's would be nice too :)

PS: I'm going to need some therapy after reading the above post in purple I hate purple.  Purple is an evil color, especially when paired with gold. Seems like writing in purple on a Celtics site should be banned. 

Nothing imaginable can beat FlCeltsFan ... if it weren't for the fact that I love to read the posts, I'd say the Staff category should be relinquished now! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 11:49:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I renamed the LA Lakers into the LA Pigs in one of our drafts.

Those [dang]ed swine!

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 12:44:07 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
OK gentle-CB-folk I thought this thing had run its course last year, but it seems we all got a little loose with our gambling habits and lost a small ransom worth of TPs when the Celts failed to bury the worthless pieces of dung in the Finals. So, I'm afraid we must now puff out our chest and beg for our TPs the old fashioned way - not with an empty coffee can and a guitar, but through the self created grandeur of a Pageant.

Yes indeed it's once again it's time to put on the swimwear, dust off your solutions for world peace, and get ready to do battle in the 2nd Annual TP Pageant.

The rules are pretty simple.  State your case, pat yourself on the back, tell us why YOU should be win the honor of being this year's TP Pageant winner.

After a few days a poll will posted and we can vote for the most deserving contestants (or just vote for yourself since personal pedestal preening is fully encouraged).

Winners in both the Staff and Non-Staff categories will be garnished in glory and showered with copious amounts of Tommy Points.

So, on your mark, get set...SELL YOUR CASE

Cause I lost them all. I lost everything! I also lost my job and am unemployed and have to much time to spend on these boards...

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 12:46:59 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I stayed up (or slept only three, sometimes four hours) on all but four occasions when the Celtics were playing in the 2010 playoffs, despite the fact that most games were at 2 or 3 am CET. This while my D-vitamin level is very low (which causes me to be very tired in the first place) and our son was sick for big parts of three months. And win or lose, I had to get to work with no more sleep after each game. Imagine how tough the game 7 loss was to me.

I loved my Tommy Points but more importantly, they loved me.

:D

PS: FL is really deserving, isn't she?  :)

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 12:47:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think FL is her own category.

Just give her alot of TPs.

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 12:48:45 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I stayed up (or slept only three, sometimes four hours) on all but four occasions when the Celtics were playing in the 2010 playoffs, despite the fact that most games were at 2 or 3 am CET. This while my D-vitamin level is very low (which causes me to be very tired in the first place) and our son was sick for big parts of three months. And win or lose, I had to get to work with no more sleep after each game. Imagine how tough the game 7 loss was to me.

I loved my Tommy Points but more importantly, they loved me.

:D

PS: FL is really deserving, isn't she?  :)

I just gave you one.I also really Hope your son is doing better.

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 12:56:49 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I actually bet more TPs than I had.  Now I need to come up with a crapload of TPs fast or Roy Hobbs' lackeys are going to break my knees.

They are on the phone as we speak.

I just gave you one.I also really Hope your son is doing better.

Thank you (TP) and yes he is  :)

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I was going to make a sob story about how i had spent every day of the playoffs without any sleep if the next day was a work day but then i saw a certain other dane beat me to it with a better one.

So this offseason i guess ill go into hiding and come up with a plan for a better story to next year's Pageant

Give em to FL :)
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 02:30:03 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
I flew 3000 miles to Los Angeles with my 19-month old son, both of us wearing #5 Celtics jerseys, on the day of game 7 of the Finals.  Our first flight was cancelled because the windshield broke on the plane we were to fly.  Delta had no replacement flights that could get us there before game time, so we shelled out a bunch more money to Southwest and had several airport adventures before we could finally get there.

My son and I walked into the Staples Center wearing those jerseys, and boldly walked into a section where we were utterly surrounded by Purple and Gold. 

We proudly watched our squad make their stand, and every Lakers fan in our vicinity was sick at the prospect of facing us after a Green win.

We had to watch, surrounded by the enemy, as our squad came up just short.  We had to take the gloating from all of those Laker lovers who minutes before had been wetting their pants.  We had to walk out with our heads held high while an entire stadium celebrated.  We had to walk out, still wearing Celtics jerseys, into the LA night that would soon be trashed by idiots celebrating the win.  And then we had to spend an entire **** WEEK in the LA area where you couldn't turn on the tv, the radio, or even walk down the daggone street without some yahoo yelling about how great Kobe and the Lakers were.   :-X

I bet all of my TPs on a Cs win, as well as spent a stupid amount of money and brought my baby boy with me to support the ideal of #18.  Give me my TPs back.  I deserve them.  That is all.