Author Topic: Michael Jordan on cover of 2K11  (Read 3337 times)

Michael Jordan on cover of 2K11
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:35:58 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Kind of old news, but incase you didn't know Michael Jordan will be on the cover of 2K11. Obviously very exciting news for 2k fans. If you discover any new features or any news of the videogame, post here.

http://www.youtube.com/v/l9xId7VJ7XY&hl=en_US&fs=1

Re: Michael Jordan on cover of 2K11
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 03:43:48 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Sounds like another season of Clark Kellog...

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 03:58:40 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Wow, that looks amazing. From the looks the trailer, it seems like it may be possible to play as different NBA legends from different eras/stages within their careers. If that is the case (about NBA 2K11, that is) then this game certainly is a must-buy for basketball fans.

Could you imagine playing as Dr J. or Wilt Chamberlain vs like LeBron James, or Jerry West? Bird vs Magic with current-gen graphics and physics?

Even if the game only focuses on Michael Jordan's career specifically it would be something absolutely fresh and original in contrast to just releasing the same game every year with updated physics, features and rosters.

I'm not even the biggest fan of the 2K series (basketball) but this game has definitely caught my attention. TP for posting that trailer.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
My Player mode needs to be improved on in 2k11.  However, I'll probably get NBA Elite 11 if they make a similar mode, the controls look cool.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 05:19:18 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Return of classic and all time teams? Kinda looks like it..

Count me in.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 05:38:09 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I might make the switch back to EA... NBA Elite looks pretty serious.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »

Offline jax_celtsfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
I remember buying NBA Live 2002? because it had Jordan in it. Hopefully 2k11 has more than just the option to play as him.  It would be nice if they added classic teams too play with.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Looks like a winner for sure. Loved seeing Kobe hang his head at 4:09, too.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 11:17:09 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Wow, that looks amazing. From the looks the trailer, it seems like it may be possible to play as different NBA legends from different eras/stages within their careers. If that is the case (about NBA 2K11, that is) then this game certainly is a must-buy for basketball fans.

Could you imagine playing as Dr J. or Wilt Chamberlain vs like LeBron James, or Jerry West? Bird vs Magic with current-gen graphics and physics?

Even if the game only focuses on Michael Jordan's career specifically it would be something absolutely fresh and original in contrast to just releasing the same game every year with updated physics, features and rosters.

I'm not even the biggest fan of the 2K series (basketball) but this game has definitely caught my attention. TP for posting that trailer.

well you've always been able play as the legends in previous 2k's... i just don't know about playing as them in different stages of their career. That trailer doesn't look like 2k11... it looks like 2k10 made by this fan: www.messenjahmatt.com/nba2k/

Become Legendary.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 11:27:07 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
This Michael Jordan looks EXACTLY like the fan made one that everyones been playing with all year...

I’d also like to note that he’s playing with Derrick Rose.

I kindof think this is fake.