Author Topic: Annual Post-Draft Chill  (Read 3032 times)

Annual Post-Draft Chill
« on: June 25, 2010, 03:48:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Before everyone gets over-wrought, depressed and hopeless about the draft picks Danny (et al) made, try to keep it in it's proper perspective: With Danny, it is NEVER as it seems!

He has a plan ... always does, and I guarantee you it goes far beyond this draft, and to assume that he's going to actually keep these guys, would be very premature.

This is the same stuff we talk about every year, and the same "What the heck is Danny doing?" seasonal post-mortum threads that saturate the blogs. It is never "status quo" this time of year, and very little of the concern ever pans out.

I would suggest taking it easy for the meantime, and let Danny's plan unfold ... this is a guy who knows what he's doing, and while he's made a few mistakes in the past, he has always covered his tracks pretty effectively, and his overall "Big Picture" usually ends up being referred to in much more positive terms.

Get confused and anxious and upset if you wish, (the turmoil does make for good blog fodder), but at this point, caution and patience are the more advisable modes to adopt. Try and have at least a little faith in the fact that the guys at the top know what they're doing, get paid good money to do so, and have an ultimate plan that they're not about to share with the world.

And even if it did stay exactly as it is, (which is an incredible long-shot), the guys who run, scout for, and advise this organization, also know much more about these players than we do, and may know things about them that go far beyond what's on the surface ... and beyond the stats pages.

Either way, I'm not worried ... and I'll personally keep my trust in the powers that be, (for now, at least), who have given us three playoff teams, a Championship, and what should have been a championship, all within the space of the last three years.

Danny and the "boys" have worked magic on the scale of "genius" before ... I think they still have the power and resources to continue in the same vein. So for now I'll sit back, relax, have a cold, frosty one, and watch what unfolds over the summer ... I've got enough gray hair as it is.

Besides, things never stay the same ... and it can always be worse.

;)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:17:59 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Annual Post-Draft Chill
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 03:54:36 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Besides, guys, if these draft picks don't contribute, it just makes it more likely that the next Celtics draft picks will be higher ones!
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:58:47 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Besides, guys, if these draft picks don't contribute, it just makes it more likely that the next Celtics draft picks will be higher ones!
PosImpos, you are a barrel of laughs for sure!  I am more of Positive person, less likely to listen to the "Impossible" crowd.  (Remember when Danny drafted an out of shape high school player named Kendrick Perkins?)  Bahku is right...wait to see what plan Danny has in mind this time.  If neither of these late draft players pans out it will not kill the team, and if a plan develops it will, at the very least, be interesting.   
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
For what it's worth, ESPN said we were draft day winners. ;)

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 11:31:44 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I feel good about the draft, and like the Bradley pick. I think we're off to a good start here.

So - our next couple milestones in this offseason are:

-Doc's decision (early next week?)
-Paul opting in or out (June 30)

Given how much lobbying for Doc's return the players have been doing, these two things may be tied together.