Author Topic: Does Bradley = Monta Ellis?  (Read 5498 times)

Does Bradley = Monta Ellis?
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:50:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
It's an interesting comparison. Bradley is clearly the superior defender....

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Does Bradley = Monta Ellis?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Looks like the better shooter as well.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:53:15 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Bradley is a better defender, and Ellis is more explosive off the dribble.  I do think Bradley fits into the mould of super quick and athletic guards who don't do much in college, but excel in the NBA. 

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 09:53:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Probably not the athlete / first step. But Danny's interest in Monta is shown here -- wants a slasher who can play with Rondo and not be a defensive liability.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
espn radio compared him to Russel Westbrook.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 09:57:03 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Reminds me more of Hinrich with more speed and slightly worse shooting.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:42 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I think it's a fair comparison. Bradley was the #1 recruit last year and fits the mold. He also makes rookie money now =).

If he's a better defending, less scoring Monta Ellis type, that's pretty good for #19 in a weak draft.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Comparisons to Russell Westbrook and Monta Ellis, that's not a bad thing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:33:23 PM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Doubt he'll ever score 25 ppg, so there's that.  He also probably won't be second in the league in steals as long as he's playing alongside Rondo (who will get most of them).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 05:03:48 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Doubt he'll ever score 25 ppg, so there's that.  He also probably won't be second in the league in steals as long as he's playing alongside Rondo (who will get most of them).

As long as he is efficient in his time on the court though and gets his share in the time alloted it's still great. I think

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Doubt he'll ever score 25 ppg, so there's that.  He also probably won't be second in the league in steals as long as he's playing alongside Rondo (who will get most of them).

As long as he is efficient in his time on the court though and gets his share in the time alloted it's still great. I think

Yeah, I think the best we can hope for is that he turns into a consistent backup point guard and occasional off-guard for us with a decent offensive game and very solid perimeter defense.  In other words, if he turns into a role player and consistent contributor off the bench we'll have gotten plenty of value with the 19th pick.

Expecting him to become Russell Westbrook or Monta Ellis, especially when he won't get much playing time or many touches, is pretty silly.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
No... think of him more like Lestor Hudson... a guy who will never play and eventually end up in the dleague or something.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 05:37:17 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
No... think of him more like Lestor Hudson... a guy who will never play and eventually end up in the dleague or something.

There are no guarantees for sure and he could be a bust, but let's remember that Lester Hudson was the 58th pick in the draft and Bradley was projected by some to be in the lottery.  Let's also remember that Bradley was considered by most to be the top high school player last year, ahead of even John Wall. 

I don't see any reason why he can't at least play 10 mpg behind Rondo this season. 

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 05:44:09 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Hudson was a lot older. Not much upside for development.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Doubt he'll ever score 25 ppg, so there's that.  He also probably won't be second in the league in steals as long as he's playing alongside Rondo (who will get most of them).

Yeah, I think the best we can hope for is that he turns into a consistent backup point guard and occasional off-guard for us with a decent offensive game and very solid perimeter defense.  In other words, if he turns into a role player and consistent contributor off the bench we'll have gotten plenty of value with the 19th pick.

Expecting him to become Russell Westbrook or Monta Ellis, especially when he won't get much playing time or many touches, is pretty silly.

Yeah, I think so too.

As for Lester Hudson, I really hope he can find a way to hang around the league. I don't expect him to be anything near an All-Star or anything but even if it's just a journeyman backup PG for bad teams or something. He's a fairly local guy and understand him to be a really good person. Don't know him and never met him or anything like that but I'm glad my team brought him into the league and hope he can stick around a while.