Author Topic: Willie Warren?  (Read 1687 times)

Willie Warren?
« on: June 23, 2010, 12:39:52 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
What do you guys think about this guy?  I love him personally and we definitely need a successor to Ray Allen as Tony Allen should not be a starter.  I didnt see him much this past season but
I was really impressed with him as a freshman.  He's a great athlete, a great shooter, and most importantly seemed to be a great competitor.  I saw him against Texas when Blake Griffin got injured and Warren carried them that game until he got hurt as well.  He was knocking down shots and getting his team fired up.  I know he has come character concerns but it seems like he has a solid work ethic, but it just immature. I feel that the Big 3 could sort him out and he could become a Gilbert Arenas - like steal.  Thoughts? 

Re: Willie Warren?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I do like Warren.  He was considered lottery talent last year, but he didn't do anything to get better.  He's the same player as last year which is concering.  You want to see some improvement in a guy from fresh to soph year.  I do think he could be a good player, but I wouldn't use a first round pick on him.
do it

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I like Warren as a second round sleeper.  I think he has too many questions to take at 19, but if the C's can grab an extra pick, I would be excited to see what he can do.  He does fit into the mould of the athletic guards who have been much better in the NBA than college lately.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Saw on Rumors on the NBA page of ESPN that he appeals to the Lakers (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?date=20100622&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2ffeatures%2frumors%3fdate%3d20100622).

We cannot let them get anyone else - especially a young stud like Warren who has lottery-level talent.  If they get McGrady, as rumored, Raja Bell and then get this kid - it's not fair.  Draft him we must.  I doubt he'll be there at 52.