Author Topic: 2010 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 113873 times)

Re: 2010 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I'd go with Cousins if I was Minny. Al just does not cut it defensively at the center position both in post defense and as a team defender.

I'm hoping that we can somehow get Trevor Booker out of this draft. He's my favorite sleeper by far.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
So if you're Minnesota picking at #4, who do you take?

1) Damarcus Cousins- Address your need for a true center and take the onus off Big Al's defensive deficiencies at the position and opening up the possibility of playing him at his natural PF spot.  Also, drafting Cousins opens the door for trading Jefferson and going with the Love/Cousins front-court.  Hope that moving Jefferson can net you a much needed wing player.

OR

2) Wesley Johnson-  Address your need for a wing player and scorer.  This would lead to a very compelling starting unit.  However, you resort to keep Jefferson at the 5 spot.
I think I would go with Wesley Johnson.

Minnesota can already replicate Cousins' impact with Al Jefferson + Pekovic.

On the other hand, Wesley Johnson could be an outstanding rebounder and defensive small forward in the NBA. I also think the Triangle offense will help him get more out of his offensive game than anywhere else.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
So is the top 5 gonna be Wall, Turner, Favors, Johnson, and Cousins in that order or do people expect something different?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
So is the top 5 gonna be Wall, Turner, Favors, Johnson, and Cousins in that order or do people expect something different?
That is what I am expecting + it sounds like Udoh will go six and Monroe seven. Probably Aminu 8.

There seems to be a lot more certainty over who is going where and what not than we've seen recent years.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
was anyone else smiling as widely as I   when they heard the booing go to stern when announced?   And the booing on the finals...were the booing the lakers winning    us losing  or us being in it

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
Knicks fans booing Stern saying the Lakers won the title just warmed my soul a little bit.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Stern booed, love it!

I like the fact that the teams have 5 minutes to make their choice, while we all know that they have decided for weeks who they are going to take. ;D

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Stern is such a smug tool.

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
thanks for the thread donoghus...a tp for your work. (and how in the heck could you only have 3 tps with over 10K in posts!!! well, i helped out a little bit.)

when i have watched the celtic draft, ainge is usually interesting. just because we see someone's name go to the celtics doesnt mean the guy winds up a celtic.

danny is in his element tonight. good luck to him and the celtics!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Is there a rule that a team has to wait the full 5 minutes before their selection is announced?

This wait is kind of pointless.

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
thanks for the thread donoghus...a tp for your work. (and how in the heck could you only have 3 tps with over 10K in posts!!! well, i helped out a little bit.)

when i have watched the celtic draft, ainge is usually interesting. just because we see someone's name go to the celtics doesnt mean the guy winds up a celtic.

Thanks.

I bet the house in TPs for the NBA Finals and came up in the poorhouse.   :'(

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Washington Wizards select: John Wall G Kentucky

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
Knicks fans booing Stern saying the Lakers won the title just warmed my soul a little bit.

thats what I was assuming it was   hoping it wasnt booing that Boston was in the championship

I guess New York fans may have at least SOME brain matter

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 07:41:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Thanks.

I bet the house in TPs for the NBA Finals and came up in the poorhouse.   :'(
TP for a fellow donor to the cause and for starting this thread.  you must have read my mind.  I was looking for this type of thread and was about to make one but lo and behold, you have served the greater good of your fellow C's fan and started one already.

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 07:42:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

thats what I was assuming it was   hoping it wasnt booing that Boston was in the championship

I guess New York fans may have at least SOME brain matter
Stern always gets booed at the draft and rightfully so.  the one trait I like about Knick fans   ;D