Author Topic: Chad Ford: Celtics looking to move up in draft  (Read 29500 times)

Re: Chad Ford: Celtics looking to move up in draft
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2010, 03:21:54 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
There was an article today where Chris Mannix  commented on Ray, Pierce and possible draft guys for the C's.

Here is the link for the article :

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/06/22/mannix-on-dc-i-dont-see-ainge-leaving-for-phoenix/

And he mentioned Bledsoe having a great workout for the C's:

You have to hit a home run if you’re Boston, you have to get a really marquee type player. I’ll throw a couple of names at you that I’ve heard so far. One is Avery Bradley, a kid from Texas, a terrific jump shooter and defender who is really great in transition of what I’ve seen of him. Another is Elliot Williams, a kid from Memphis, he’s kind of an attack-the-rim kind of player who gets to the free throw line a lot. I really like him as a Ray Allen replacement type. … And the other guy is a Kentucky guy, Eric Bledsoe. I mean, I know talking to other people within the Celtics that he had a great workout for them a couple of weeks ago. He’s incredibly explosive and incredibly raw because we don’t know what were going to get from him because he played behind John Wall all last year. He’s a guy to keep your eye on because I think Boston is going to look to replace that bench.

I remember another guy around here who was "incredibly explosive and incredibly raw"...  Sorry, not a fan of those types...they end up blowing out cupcakes that sit on rims and little else...

this kid isn’t THAT raw, Gerald was what, 10 when we drafted him? he acted like it sometimes.

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2010, 05:48:05 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Eric Bledsoe's interesting, I don't know who committed to Kentucky first (between him and Wall) but Bledsoe probably made a mistake going there instead of another top-tier D1 school.

Then again, I don't think his situation would be much better here being behind Rondo. Still wouldn't get enough playing time to show what he can really do.

Then AGAIN, we could have our own little mini Collison/Paul situation, which I wouldn't complain about. So if we get another pick or two, I'd be all over him. (Provided we get either a SF or PF/C as well.)

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2010, 08:34:58 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Lots of "raw" talent in this draft; but the number of young players coming into the league also makes this draft very risky. Don't think the C's need to move up much to get value. Even Miami's pick at #18 is appealing. You could get a decent big and a SF or SG at 18 & 19. Might be better than betting the farm on a player that may or may not work out. Ideally, would like to have the C's keep #19 and add a pick between 10-15 (perhaps Babitt or George).

I think they get great wing talent at 10-15, but they get a talented big at 6-9.  Definitely options for moving up, and I'm sure they're probing for the cost of all picks above them.

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2010, 09:11:48 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Eric Bledsoe's interesting, I don't know who committed to Kentucky first (between him and Wall) but Bledsoe probably made a mistake going there instead of another top-tier D1 school.

Then again, I don't think his situation would be much better here being behind Rondo. Still wouldn't get enough playing time to show what he can really do.

Then AGAIN, we could have our own little mini Collison/Paul situation, which I wouldn't complain about. So if we get another pick or two, I'd be all over him. (Provided we get either a SF or PF/C as well.)

Bledsoe commited first and Wall was a late commitment, so by the time Wall committed even if Bledsoe wanted to get out, not too many schools had scholarships left to give.
do it