Author Topic: And with the 52nd pick. . .  (Read 6277 times)

Re: And with the 52nd pick. . .
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 02:55:32 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Whoever we take at #52 will spend most of next season on the Red Claws, so it doesn't matter.

I'd like Jon Scheyer if he's still available, though.  If not, Omar Samhan would be a nice low-risk decent-reward pick.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »

Offline dooyork

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 42
I'm probably the only person who likes Harangody in the NBA, or the only one who will admit it anyway.  He's bigger than the 6-7 he's listed at, actually more like 6-8, with a huge wingspan, very smart and effective, extremely strong, great work ethic and leadership, and he just finds a way to get the job done and put the ball in the hoop.  He's sort of like a bumblebee, it's not supposed to be able to fly based on what it looks like, but somehow it does.  He was one of the best forwards in the Big East and by far the best player on his team.  I predict in 5 years he'll be in somebody's rotation, most likely one of only 7 or 8 second-rounders still in the league.  I just think he will find a way to make it.  I would love to see the Cs grab him at 52 if he's still there.
Double rainbow all the way

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 03:25:27 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'm probably the only person who likes Harangody in the NBA, or the only one who will admit it anyway.  He's bigger than the 6-7 he's listed at, actually more like 6-8, with a huge wingspan, very smart and effective, extremely strong, great work ethic and leadership, and he just finds a way to get the job done and put the ball in the hoop.  He's sort of like a bumblebee, it's not supposed to be able to fly based on what it looks like, but somehow it does.  He was one of the best forwards in the Big East and by far the best player on his team.  I predict in 5 years he'll be in somebody's rotation, most likely one of only 7 or 8 second-rounders still in the league.  I just think he will find a way to make it.  I would love to see the Cs grab him at 52 if he's still there.

I like Harangody.  But he is a rookie FA in my eyes.  I think he will find a way to make it into the league, but I have a feeling it will take a few more years, and I think there are more intriguing guys at 52. 

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 04:06:15 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Darington Hobson.  Can't fault him because he went to New Mexico (home of JR Giddens), because Granger went there too.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 04:44:30 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
How about Jeff Foote from Cornell?
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8

Who?
I bleed Green

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

Who?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U3nas2uLyc

7' 0 can block, pass, runs the floor well. Maybe not NBA ready just yet but can be a nice project.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8

Who?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U3nas2uLyc

7' 0 can block, pass, runs the floor well. Maybe not NBA ready just yet but can be a nice project.

I like him, from the highlights he kinda reminds me of a slightly more athletic Chris Kaman. I could see him blossoming into a nice player. I wouldn't oppose the Celts checking him out at all.
I bleed Green