Author Topic: Who Do You Like at #19?  (Read 14989 times)

Who Do You Like at #19?
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:33:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Saw Ford say Celtics liked Babbitt from Nevada, but his stock has been climbing alot since then. Draft Express slots the center from Florida State, who seems too raw to be of any use for a few years.  Who do you think is a great pick for Celtics at the 19 slot, who realistically might be there?  Anyone in this draft that is a big time sleeper who could help us his first year? I have not followed the draft, so would like some input. Thanks.

Re: Who Do You Like at #19?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Daniel Orton

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
nvm!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 07:20:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Best player available.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:23:53 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Here is my big board.  I don't really have an order for it, since it is kind of a "whoever slips" situation.

Babbitt
Henry
Paul George
Patterson
Bradley
Bledsoe

If those guys are all gone:

James Anderson
Terrico White
Dominique Jones

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
the 7 footer Alabi from FSU really isn't raw. He is a good shooter from 15, and is a 90% plus from the FT line. Good shot blocker and a really solid man to man defender. I like him more than Whiteside (who is really raw, good shot blocker but that's it)

I hope we land Bradley or Dominique Jones, both of them are studs...especially Bradley

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
No one has really mentioned his name, but I really like Quincy Pondexter from Washington.  I was impressed watching him during Washington's run in the tourney this year, he played all 4 years and he reminds me of another Huskies alum, Brandon Roy

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
If Orton, Babbitt, George or Patterson drops I'd take them. Doubt they will though.

I really like James Anderson. Alabi is okay, he reminds me of Dalembert a little.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
If Orton, Babbitt, George or Patterson drops I'd take them. Doubt they will though.

I really like James Anderson. Alabi is okay, he reminds me of Dalembert a little.

By #19 someone is bound to have 'dropped' a bit.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:49 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
I like James Anderson and Eliot Williams

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No one has really mentioned his name, but I really like Quincy Pondexter from Washington.  I was impressed watching him during Washington's run in the tourney this year, he played all 4 years and he reminds me of another Huskies alum, Brandon Roy
I've been mentioning his name for months. Love the kid. He will help right away and I think his game is still in the growth stage. I see future All-Star with him.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
after seeing the impact of rebounding and controlling the paint, I'm hoping Orton falls to us. It seems to me that the only reason he isn't a top, top pick is because he was behind Cousins and Patterson on the depth chart and getting him at #19 could be a huge steal for us.

Quality bigs are so hard to come by....

other players I am interested in are the wings George, Babbit, Hayward but they'll probably be gone so my second tier is Pondexter, Williams, White....

I'd also be interested in Bradley and Bledsoe if they are there.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:51:27 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I've been mentioning his name for months. Love the kid. He will help right away and I think his game is still in the growth stage. I see future All-Star with him.

yeah, nick, I like the looks of Pondexter too. Still would rather have a big fall to us like Orton, but would not be disappointed with Quincy

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:01 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Damion James and Poindexter.

James Anderson is a long way from the kind of defender we're going to need to contribute next year. I'll take a pass on anyone from a Travis Ford system.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Damion James and Poindexter.

James Anderson is a long way from the kind of defender we're going to need to contribute next year. I'll take a pass on anyone from a Travis Ford system.

Neither Pondexter or James can shoot and scoring droughts are also one of the reasons why we didn't win the finals.