Author Topic: How about these possible Free Agents?  (Read 11932 times)

Re: How about these possible Free Agents?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:23 PM »

Offline ajgoodman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • 'Cause there ain't no fours!
What about Marcus Williams?
I know he's been labeled as sort of an under-achiever since he entered the league, but in a situation like the Celtics, I think he could be a solid back-up.  Great feel for the game, especially in the half court, and I think having veteran presences around him would calm the bad shot selection problem.

He'd come cheap too.

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 09:33:06 AM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
 John Salmons... anyone? He opt-out his contract with the Bucks.

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wouldn't it be great seeing Shaq win a title in green over the Fakers?

Yes.
Especially if one of the Ws comes from Shaq dunking over posterizing Kobe in the waning seconds.

Just thinking about that brings a smile....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

Yes, absolutely. Good defender. Good shot maker. Weird beard. Might ask for too much. But I definitely put out a feeler to him. Looks like Milwaukee has cut bait already for some reason with the CDR and Maggette acquisitions.

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I would love to see John Salmons on this team, dont know how it would work, but him and pierce on the court would be fun too watch.  I also think he is a very underrated defender.  This is all dependent on whether or not he will shave though.  no shave, no dice.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I would like Danny to take a closer look at Travis Outlaw&R. Brewer...Outlaw for sure.

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 10:30:22 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Wouldn't it be great seeing Shaq win a title in green over the Fakers?

Yes.
Especially if one of the Ws comes from Shaq dunking over posterizing Kobe in the waning seconds.

Just thinking about that brings a smile....

Kind of like PJ Brown in 08? That would in fact be terrific.

I'm a big Shaq fan, even with his past Laker ties. Dude's hilarious and has always come off pretty personable. I'd love him on the C's bench even at his current age.

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 10:58:59 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I honestly dont think we would be able to afford any of those guys. Rudy Gay would be a nice long athletic guy to play big minutes off the bench but his asking price is going to be prettty high.

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2010, 11:00:35 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I would love to see John Salmons on this team, dont know how it would work, but him and pierce on the court would be fun too watch.  I also think he is a very underrated defender.  This is all dependent on whether or not he will shave though.  no shave, no dice.
You don't like his beard? Sounds like the sentiments of someone who is jealous. His beard is awesome.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 11:22:43 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Mike Miller is my top choice, depending on who we get at #19.  I like Childress too, but he'll demand a Skippy deal for sure (full term max MLE).  Also: Fear the Beard!  Any of those three guys would be a great wing.

Dislikes: Amir Johnson is a DUNCE.  No BBIQ whatsoever.  Just because we passed over him in the draft for Orien Greene is no reason to add him now.  Morrow can't defend a chair.

Amundsen would be a decent big pickup.  I also like Rasho.       
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
I'm really feeling Tyson Chandler.  Remember how well he connected with CP3 with all of those ally-oops?  Rondo would definitely do the same.  Heck, Rondo and Garnett were the second best ally-oop combo behind them a couple of years ago.  Problem is KG has lost that athleticism.  

Chandler may not create for himself, so he needs someone to set him up, who better than Rondo?  He's 28 tall, athletic, long certainly a fill-in for Perk in the beginning of the year, and ultimately KG or Perk's replacement!  

I'd take him for the 19th pick and some throw-ins.  Why not?

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 11:51:01 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Ty Chandler is perpetually injured.

Mike Miller has the skills, but is too old (31?) to keep past KG's deal, but will likely command at least a 3-4 year MLE deal.  He's not coming here, and we might be better off for it in the long run.

Shaq is washed up, and we all know it.  Couldn't defend the S/R in his prime...

Younger players, 24-28, that are quick and can run and score should be our targets.  Length helps.

I don't get the desire to add players 30+ in age, or signing only 2 year deals.  We need to find players we want for 5 years at a price that is reasonable, rather than players we only want for two years.  Players don't want to sign 2 year contracts.  We'll have to go longer to get players worth having.

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't get the desire to add players 30+ in age, or signing only 2 year deals.  We need to find players we want for 5 years at a price that is reasonable, rather than players we only want for two years.  Players don't want to sign 2 year contracts.  We'll have to go longer to get players worth having.
Only if that young player is good enough to be part of the core long term. A key component to a future title contender in the post-Big Three era.

Otherwise, that five year contract just hurts the Celtics cap flexibility. The cap space is more valuable than most of the young players available.

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 01:19:51 AM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25

You don't like his beard? Sounds like the sentiments of someone who is jealous. His beard is awesome.

beards fine.... it makes him unique. Couldn't hurt also that he has game  :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:38:53 AM by Papatrichs »

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 01:34:49 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I'm really feeling Tyson Chandler.  Remember how well he connected with CP3 with all of those ally-oops?  Rondo would definitely do the same.  Heck, Rondo and Garnett were the second best ally-oop combo behind them a couple of years ago.  Problem is KG has lost that athleticism.  

Chandler may not create for himself, so he needs someone to set him up, who better than Rondo?  He's 28 tall, athletic, long certainly a fill-in for Perk in the beginning of the year, and ultimately KG or Perk's replacement!  

I'd take him for the 19th pick and some throw-ins.  Why not?
He is a free agent so we couldnt trade for him, it would be if he wanted to sign for the MLE