Author Topic: How about these possible Free Agents?  (Read 11935 times)

Re: How about these possible Free Agents?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 01:41:09 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
What about Josh Howard ?

I would love to have Howard, Beasley (as a project) and someone like Hassan WhiteSide or Larry Sanders on the roster along with a Terrico White or another young player with upside.
Sorry, mix up on my end. Should have included him

NP.

What do you think of Josh Howard ? I personally believe that given his injury woes, once healthy he will reward whoever has put faith in him bouncing back his career.

Howard and Beasley along wih a combo guard and a center prospect could change the picture big time IMO.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 01:48:36 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What about Josh Howard ?

I would love to have Howard, Beasley (as a project) and someone like Hassan WhiteSide or Larry Sanders on the roster along with a Terrico White or another young player with upside.

NP.

What do you think of Josh Howard ? I personally believe that given his injury woes, once healthy he will reward whoever has put faith in him bouncing back his career.

Howard and Beasley along wih a combo guard and a center prospect could change the picture big time IMO.

I'm not a big fan. People don't realize that he isn't exactly young anymore. He's already 30 and will be 31 during next year's playoffs. I would pass on Howard.

Now a guy that does intrigue me that is one of these reclamation projects that could pay huge dividends on is Shaun Livingston. He played some very very good ball for Washington last year in his comeback. If there was a guy I would take a chance on to back up Rondo, that would be the guy.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 06:49:24 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
What about Josh Howard ?

NP.

I'm not a big fan. People don't realize that he isn't exactly young anymore. He's already 30 and will be 31 during next year's playoffs. I would pass on Howard.

Now a guy that does intrigue me that is one of these reclamation projects that could pay huge dividends on is Shaun Livingston. He played some very very good ball for Washington last year in his comeback. If there was a guy I would take a chance on to back up Rondo, that would be the guy.

Oooh. Love this idea. Great PG skills, great size and against all odds, it looks like he's getting some of his game back, even if his athleticism is not what it was. Also think he can't expect more than a backup role so Boston looks no less appealing than any other place. Given how many big men reclamation/take-a-flyer projects we've seen the last few years, why not extend that to the backcourt?

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 08:14:35 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Looking at this list, I am reminded that there's really something to be said for keeping our own guys who already know something of our system, our coaching and the tendencies of the other players on the team.

Are there some talented guys out there?  Yeah.  But unlike 2006-2007, any perceived upgrades in talent will not be as dramatic and may not offset the value of teammates who have played together.   

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 08:35:23 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Two unrestricted players interests me especially if they come cheap.

TMac and Shaq. Talent, experience, steel-nerved and fearless finishers. They have it. TMac is very serviceable at 3 posts - SG, SF and back up PG. He can be a better version of Ron Harper. If Rajon sits on the bench, we'll be watching 3 offensive threats on the floor - PP, Ray and him. Shaq on the other hand can still play and even in limited minutes can stonewall the lane and can still go one-on-one. Remains a respectable shot blocker.

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 09:02:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I still like Bogans (not for the MLE)

He gives the Celtics solid D and the ability to hit the open three.  That is a combo the Celtics missed off their bench this year in the playoffs.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 09:06:55 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I still like Bogans (not for the MLE)

He gives the Celtics solid D and the ability to hit the open three.  That is a combo the Celtics missed off their bench this year in the playoffs.
Yeah, I like signing Bogans or Carney as the fourth or preferably fifth wing in the Celtics depth chart. Ime Udoka as a backup option.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »

Offline Arok325

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 16
Travis Outlaw, Anthony Morrow and Ronnie Brewer would be the only guys I would seriously consider for MLE exception money and Morrow might even sign for less.  I think each brings something needed to this team while all help give the team some youth. 

Morrow can flat out shoot.  While not an incredible talent he did have one of the highest fg% last year at about .456.  I think at the very least he would be an adequate backcourt complement to Rondo. 

Outlaw can spell several positions.  He's talented.  I think in the right scenario he could be a borderline All-Star someday (Kind of like Lamar Odom type).

Brewer is an athlete and can run the floor.  He's a Tony Allen type so I might rather have Allen back at this point considering he's familiar with the system.

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 09:51:01 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Amir Johnson is my #1, although I hope they could get him for closer to $3-4 million per year.  He is hitting that age that a lot of big men really start to mature at (he will be 23 in May), and I think he could really benefit from learning from Clifford Ray and Garnett, as well as playing with Rondo, who can take advantage of his athleticism. 

He also was an Ainge guy when he was drafted, and with Perk's injury, and the possibility of Sheed leaving, he would fill a major need. 

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 09:51:57 AM »

Offline Ethan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I want JJ Redick.

+1

... but Scola would be so good.

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:53 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I want JJ Redick.

+1

... but Scola would be so good.

I would love Scola too, but I think Houston will match anything up to the MLE for him.  They are thin up front already, and can't afford to lose him...plus, his production is worth at least the MLE.

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »

Offline MrBlonde

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
Travis Outlaw and Amir Johnson.

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 11:11:25 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I like Reddick, Miller, Johnson and Warrick.

Camby signed an extension with the Blazer's I believe.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lots of great suggestions. And I love them all. Redick, Johnson, Outlaw, Morrow are all excellent suggestions to offer part of the MLE to.

I also like the ability to offer a vet min contract to Bogans, Singleton or Raja Bel, if he's healthy and Shaq if he wouldn't be to insulted by it. I wouldn't offer him more than that.

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 02:19:43 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Josh Childress is a very interesting idea.  I actually read that he is looking at coming back to play in the USA.  He wanted to last year, but teams weren't really offering players much money because of the economy and uncertainty surrounding the salary cap in the future.

He's young, athletic, and has shown a good deal of promise.  I think if he came back to the NBA and played with a team like the Celtics he could really break out.  It seems like athletic players that go abroad for a while come back with much more polished and well-rounded games.  Plus, he has that afro...which would be awesome.
If he really is interested in returning stateside and the C's offered him a fully loaded MLE, I wonder if the Hawks would let him go? They are embroiled in a possible team sale and the front office is in disarray. Word coming out is that they want to run the team at  a salary level that is less than the salary cap to make it attractive to potential buyers as the team and arena are running heavily in the red every year(like higher than $10 million).

He just turned 27 today and is just entering his prime after a really good year in Europe. If the lure of coming to a championship contending team like the Celtics knowing that in a year or two he would be a starter as Pierce and Ray Allen would be probably gone, that would be huge in a rebuilding on the fly, type of way. Then again, he is signed through next year and if the NBA is locked out for a year, he enjoys the luxury of being able to play next year again in Greece and then signing a one year contract to stay in Europe and then come over after the new CBA is signed without having to worry about going a year without being paid.

Well, I think if he signed with us he'd want a 3 year deal for the full MLE, so the lockout wouldn't be an issue (except for the not playing part, but I don't think many players are concerned about that).

Childress would be sweet. And I'm sure he would command the MLE for 5 years. The time sure seams right to pry him from Atlanta's rights grip.