Author Topic: idea: trade pick 19 pick...  (Read 2707 times)

idea: trade pick 19 pick...
« on: June 20, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »

Offline jco3423

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
sign and trade nate robinson and pick 19 to memphis for picks 25 and 28

pick terrico white and gani lawal

terrico- can play both point and SG and this allows him to play with rondo and run point with second unit with TA at the SG. Hes a very good shooter and is extremely athletic. 40in vertical and gets to the hoop with ease

gani- very tough player that will be a beast on the boards. Pretty good post up game, but needs to work on face up game. Hes similar to Leon Powe, but is bigger. Could def see him contributing his in his first year.

what u think? Would Memphis do this? Who would you rather have if we got these two picks? I also like Jordan Crawford

Re: idea: trade pick 19 pick...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:09:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

terrico- can play both point and SG and this allows him to play with rondo and run point with second unit with TA at the SG. Hes a very good shooter and is extremely athletic. 40in vertical and gets to the hoop with ease

gani- very tough player that will be a beast on the boards. Pretty good post up game, but needs to work on face up game. Hes similar to Leon Powe, but is bigger. Could def see him contributing his in his first year.

what u think? Would Memphis do this? Who would you rather have if we got these two picks? I also like Jordan Crawford

This would be a trade down for us. In all honesty, Danny can simply inquire about buying a late first rounder (like he did with Rondo) and still keep the 19th pick.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:17:23 PM »

Offline jco3423

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
yea good point, we do free up cap space with this trade though. Either way I want two 1st round picks. Lots of late first/early 2nd round steals imo

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

I do like the type of player you land us...both Terrico and Lawal.  Not qualified to judge their potential unfortunately.....But doing this trade would still not prevent us from buying another first rounder, so that we ended up with 3.  (I also don't understand salary considerations of this type.....can the Celtics afford or is it wise to pay 3 first rounders, even low ones?).  I like Dominique Jones.  If he was there I'd consider him and Lawal or him and Terrico White...the latter combo meaning we'd need SF and bigs from elsewhere....

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 05:39:56 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I also think you're missing what a big deal drafting Terrico would be for the Grizz from a business stand point for the Grizz. Hometown kid who played an hour and a half away at Ole Miss will help ticket sales. If they think he's there at 21, they won't trade down for him.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 05:43:02 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
As an Ole Miss student who's watched most of Terrico's games the past 2 years,I also worry about Terrico playing next to Rondo. I know his averages increased this season, but when you look at him from game to game, his season offensively was a roller coaster ride, primarily because he didn't get used to playign with Chris Warren who returned from injury this season. Warren is an initiator on offense and that is also Terrico's strength so it was a struggle for him not to have the ball as much, I could see the same thing happening alongside rondo.