Author Topic: Prospect workouts by team  (Read 6188 times)

Re: Prospect workouts by team
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I'm hoping Ainge drafts a Center, as we all just witnessed us getting pounded on the boards by the Lakers, and were one of the worst rebounding teams in the league this year.

No Center drafted at 19 in this draft is going to make a difference for at least a couple of years, if ever.  If they need to improve their frontcourt (which I think they do), it should be through free agency and trades.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 04:51:40 PM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8
I don't think Xavier Henry will be available at #19, but this guy is going to be really good in a few years, depending on the C's direction, I think we should find a way to move up the draft to get him.
Agreed, at the same time he will be able to drain open 3's immediately. While it should take a while for him to pull the entire package together, he should be able to contribute immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMi4SlRamDQ

this guy is going to be good, he's pretty legit
I bleed Green

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 04:57:56 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
anyone like Greivis Vasquez out of Maryland in the second round somewhere, possibly move up for a early-mid second round. PG/SG with good size at 6-6, very good passer and ball handler, and what I really love is his passion/intensity on the court. You know this guy is going to work hard, especially on a team like ours. He just seems like a guy that could step and contribute as a rookie, being a four year college player.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/greivis-vasquez

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:00:04 PM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8
anyone like Greivis Vasquez out of Maryland in the second round somewhere, possibly move up for a early-mid second round. PG/SG with good size at 6-6, very good passer and ball handler, and what I really love is his passion/intensity on the court. You know this guy is going to work hard, especially on a team like ours. He just seems like a guy that could step and contribute as a rookie, being a four year college player.

I like him, but how well can he score?
I bleed Green

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I hate him. I think his passion is feigned in that he yells a lot but isn't actually that gritty. Just like Vujacic moves around on defense a lot but is not actually a good defender, yelling doesn't make you a passionate player. He also reminds me of all the euro players that flop around to draw calls (my biggest problem with the current NBA).

Aside from my personal problems with him, I think he is just not quick enough to play in the NBA.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
We worked out Jeremy Wise today....(24 year old d-leaguer)