Author Topic: So tonight is why we've put up with Sheed all year.  (Read 5262 times)

Re: So tonight is why we've put up with Sheed all year.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 04:16:39 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
I think you're very harsh on Sheed.

He has already done a tremendous job during these playoffs which justified his signing and made up for his disastrous regular season. He was huge in our key victories throughout the last 3 rounds and the Finals so it's not fair to judge his signing on tonight's sole game.

Of course if Sheed goes 0/11 from the floor with 1 rebound and 6 fouls, I'm going to be mad and disappointed but I expect him to play well in this big game and to show - once again - he was worth the signing.

However you must not expect too much out of him - he was brought here to play good backup minutes at the center/PF position and come up huge in key/clutch situations in the playoffs. So far, he's done that. With that said, I don't think Danny & cie signed him expecting him to play 30 excellent minutes and to start in the biggest game of the season. I think Sheed is simply physically unable to play more than 25 minutes and still be effective anymore, especially with his bad back in this series.

I agree. Sheed has played admirably during this playoff run and has already proved he was well worth signing in the off-season. But he now has a chance to seriously prove all haters/doubters wrong with a big/efficient performance tonight.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 04:57:32 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I think Sheed will disappoint tonight. If I was betting I'd say he ends up playing less than 30 minutes and ends up in foul trouble. Probably decent production while he's in there but I don't have faith in the guy for extended minutes.

I think the Ticket Stub will give us more.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 05:03:01 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Throughout these playoffs Rasheed has certainly earned his contract.

Tonight, everyone needs to step. We win and loose as a team. Go Celtics!

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 05:24:45 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Sheed is gonna score 27 points tonight. Book it.

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 05:46:18 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney

Dude - if Sheed scores 27 tonight, I will personally give you one TP each day for the next 27.

That would be incredible.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Dude - if Sheed scores 27 tonight, I will personally give you one TP each day for the next 27.

That would be incredible.

That would be sweet. :) For some reason, i have a feeling that Sheed is going to be the leading scorer in this game for the C's. It's a gut feeling that's telling me he'll get over 20 points. I've never had this feeling before, so i hope i'm right.

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 05:53:23 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
A lot of people are going to stop complaining about that 3 year deal (at least, temporarily) if Sheed comes out tongiht and plays a factor in a Celtics victory.  It'll much like JD Drew's $70 million grand slam or however much it is.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
A lot of people are going to stop complaining about that 3 year deal (at least, temporarily) if Sheed comes out tongiht and plays a factor in a Celtics victory.  It'll much like JD Drew's $70 million grand slam or however much it is.

If Sheed plays a major role in a victory tonight, well... I won't ask a thing from him until playoff game #1 next year.

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I agree.  If he stays out of foul trouble, while I wouldn't call it a good thing Perk is out, we might actually get to see the most talented 5 players on the court together for 30+ minutes tonight.  If everything is clicking, that could be a good thing.