Author Topic: Refs for Game 6  (Read 8660 times)

Refs for Game 6
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:08:31 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Monty McCutchen   
Joe DeRosa   
Ken Mauer

Re: Refs for Game 6
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:10:22 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Have to win tonight because we have that Salvatore/Kennedy combo waiting in the wings for a game 7. Shocked to not see Salvatore here.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:14:23 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
man...i hope they let them play tonight. too important to see them take the spotlight

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »

Kiorrik

W... WHAT?!? I *SO* expected Salvatore & Crawford!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:15:40 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

i expected salvatore tonight also...where has beveta been so far???

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:16:07 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
Have to win tonight because we have that Salvatore/Kennedy combo waiting in the wings for a game 7. Shocked to not see Salvatore here.

first thing i thought of when i saw this. we did survive the ed f rush game three, though, so as KG says, anything is possible.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

first thing i thought of when i saw this. we did survive the ed f rush game three, though, so as KG says, anything is possible.
Uh, we lost game three.

I mean it was close and I don't think officiating cost us the game, but we still lost.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:18:48 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
This is not a good ref assignment for conspiracy theorists.

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 09:22:11 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Uh, we lost game three.

I mean it was close and I don't think officiating cost us the game, but we still lost.

Eddie F was Game 4. 

I don't have a big problem with any of these guys.  And it looks like it's confirmed that Bavetta's pretty much being shooed out the door, which is nice too.

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
If I'm not mistaken, this is the same crew that reffed game 6 of the Orlando series.  Granted, the game was in Boston, but I thought it was reffed fairly well, if memory serves.

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 09:42:37 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

i expected salvatore tonight also...where has beveta been so far???

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 09:45:58 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Here is my Official Report for tonight: 

Today's Referees are:

Monty McCutchen
Home Team W/L 52/27
Home Team win % in Playoffs 83%
Calls 47.7 fouls per game
% of fouls called on Road Team 49.6%
Calls 1 Tech/g Called on Road Team
Calls .8 Tech/g called on Home Team

McCutchen has been officiating games since 1993 and wears number 13. McCutchen missed the 1998-99 season with a ruptured Achilles tendon. McCutchen is a former elementary and middle school teacher and is fondly remembered by his students as a really nice guy. In searching for information on him, I found a Cavs' blog that blamed their April 4 loss to the Celtics on the officiating of Monty McCutchen. That was the game where Mike Brown was ejected and the Cavs made a furious comeback but fell short. Other than that, not a lot of controversy about McCutchen. McCutchen has officiated the game 6 closeout wins over both both the Cavs and the Magic. He also officiated game 2 of the Finals, also a Celtics win. The Celtics won game 2, but the foul disparity was large in favor of LA. The final count was 41-26 in favor of LA, but it was 39-19 before LA started to foul intentionally at the end of the game.

Joe DeRosa
Overall Home Team W/L 45/26
Playoff Home Team Win % 56%
Fouls called per game 50.9
Foul % Called on Road Team 52.2%
Road Team Techs/game 1.3
Home Team Techs/game 1.2
DeRosa has officiated over 1,000+ regular season games, 75+ play-off games, and 5 NBA Finals games. DeRosa was the crew chief for Game 1 against the Heat when the melee broke out and KG was ejected. He was also the crew chief for the game 4 win vs Cleveland. and the Game 2 win over Orlando along with the Game 1 in LA, which was very tightly called and a Celtics loss. He tends to be quick to call technicals. However, he is aware of Perk's foul situation as he was the ref who issued a warning in game 1 instead of giving a double technical as has been done throughout the playoffs in situations like that. DeRosa was the referee who was suspended for a game for throwing the ball at a fan in the Orlando game.

Ken Mauer
Home Team W/L 41-34
Home Team win % in Playoffs 50%
Calls 43.8 fouls per game
% of fouls called on Road Team 49.1%
Calls .5 Techs/g on Road Team
Calls .7 Techs/g on Home Team

Mauer has been a referee since the 1986-87 season and has officiated over 1,200+ regular season games, 70+ play-off games and 3 NBA Finals games. Mauer has a quick trigger when it comes to Doc. He once ejected Doc less than 3 minutes into a game. Mauer was one of the refs charged with tax evasion and obstructing federal tax laws for receiving substantial taxable income from 1989 through 1994 and failing to declare it. He was one of the refs in the controversial Miami/Dallas Finals where the foul calls were totally lopsided. Amazingly, he has already called 5 games for the Celtics in the playoffs, Game 4 in Miami and the Game 3 debacle against Cleveland which were both losses, Games 1 and 6 vs Orlando, which were wins, and Game 2 in LA which was also a Celtics win but called fairly one sided for LA.

My Take:
Tonight's referees show that it is even more crucial for the Celtics to close this out tonight. With Bennett Salvatore and Bill Kennedy absent in this crew, that means that they will be tapped for game 7 and the Celtics would be very smart to avoid that combination of refs in a game 7 on the road. Salvatore is incompetent and Kennedy still has a beef with Doc. The crew chief tonight was also the crew chief in the Celtics previous two close out game 6's which were officiated very well. Hopefully they will let them play tonight and the Celtics will have a fair chance to win. However, if Tim Donaghy is right, if the Celtics get off to a good start, this game will be called heavily in favor of LA in order to force a game 7 for monetary reasons. I'm really hoping that they let them play in this game and not make the Refs the story of the playoffs once again.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
If I'm not mistaken, this is the same crew that reffed game 6 of the Orlando series.  Granted, the game was in Boston, but I thought it was reffed fairly well, if memory serves.

You had Mike Callahan instead of Joe DaRosa who had been suspended for throwing a ball at a fan.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »

Offline bookerman20

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
All I'm expecting at first is a Laker haymakerand hoping we take it and take off on a run and never look back. 
My prediction was Celts in 6 with Rondo being called the Finals MVP.  I'm feeling a bit better now with these refs.
I think we smell blood, and after reading all these reports of how Kobe needs someone else to step up, I think its gonna be their downfall.  Man, I really want to stick it to all those Laker bandwagon fans tonight.  I live in NH, and you go to see these clown...

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Pleasantly surprised by the refs crew. I expected Salvatore and Kennedy. But like FL said, it's another reason why it's crucial to win tonight instead of playing a game 7, officiated by Kennedy & cie.