Author Topic: Lakers (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game 5 6/13  (Read 134598 times)

Re: Lakers (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game 5 6/13
« Reply #855 on: June 14, 2010, 12:01:57 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
After Boston goes into LA and does to the Lakers what they did to them in 2008, maybe the Los Angeles franchise can change their name to something more appropriate, like the LA Turtles.

Cause that's what they are going to do. They are going to turtle into a ball and go away.

« Reply #856 on: June 14, 2010, 12:12:28 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I want to throw a shout out to Rondo for that amazing tip in on the offensive boards in the fourth quarter. He went over Bynum and Artest to tip that in.

Simply amazing athletic play.

« Reply #857 on: June 14, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
I want to throw a shout out to Rondo for that amazing tip in on the offensive boards in the fourth quarter. He went over Bynum and Artest to tip that in.

AND..........he got fouled by Odom.

« Reply #858 on: June 14, 2010, 12:14:13 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I am very happy right now, but also a little nervous. I am most scared of the officials and stern handing LA game six to make it go 7 and then it just being a coin flip for the title. I think we are the better team, but im not sure what would happen in a single game.

« Reply #859 on: June 14, 2010, 12:17:38 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
these next two days are gonna be agonizing ..............

but can you even believe we are in this position ?

i can't - just no way i saw this possibility the way the Celts struggled this season.

NBA - where amazing happens ?

i'd say so.

HOWEVER - we have to close the deal and i think we need to do it tuesday night. the Celts are capable of winning a game 7 on the road, lord knows, i won't question their abilities anymore this season - but i don't want to give the lakers that chance.

let's get #18 guys - Go Celtics !!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:39:57 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #860 on: June 14, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

Remarkable. Rondo had a bad first half but his second half was huge. His hustle and insistence on pushing the tempo made a huge difference. The depth of our team was huge in this game. Nate, Sheed came off the bench and played big minutes. Not to mention a little player named TA.

Speaking of athleticism the TA block was amazing. His D on Kobe was big. Ray struggled shooting but played good D. And not to fail to mention Nate's pass to TA for a layup. Nate has done a great job of scoring but also playing point guard.

Rondo looking like DJ on the KG-->PP--->Rondo play.

« Reply #861 on: June 14, 2010, 12:27:36 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

That was awesome. He's such an amazing athlete and never give up on plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G-JqT7DtTQ
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #862 on: June 14, 2010, 12:29:18 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
It was a great win.

Though Celtics have to stay focused, job's not done yet. Now, all Celtics have to be ready mentally and physically, because LA's going to give their 100% effort. So we need to too. As long as we keep playing our basketball with utmost effort, we'll win.

Let's aim game 6 to be the last game this year boys!

Let's go C's!
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #863 on: June 14, 2010, 02:11:08 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
It was a great win.

Though Celtics have to stay focused, job's not done yet. Now, all Celtics have to be ready mentally and physically, because LA's going to give their 100% effort. So we need to too. As long as we keep playing our basketball with utmost effort, we'll win.

Let's aim game 6 to be the last game this year boys!

Let's go C's!

I think I can vouch for that. Let us find that 4th win on Tuesday. And go smoke victory cigars all summer.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #864 on: June 14, 2010, 02:46:26 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
In all honesty I don't think Ray's shot hit the rim, of course he also didn't follow Kobe on that late 3.

Kobe had a heck of a third quarter and we won so I can say it.

Pierce was fantastic. Rondo was good but turned it over too much.
KG played great.

TA's block was sick.

I actually thought there was one angle on the shot that looked like the shot hit the rim.  They only showed it once though so it's really hard to say.  All the other angles were pretty inconclusive.

Yeah, that was strange. There was an angle from the top that pretty clearly showed it hitting the rim but then they chose the worst possible angle to show after the time out.

Yea 3 of the 4 angles you can't tell, but that 1 angle they only showed once and the trajectory definitely changed.

yeah trajectory changed

« Reply #865 on: June 14, 2010, 03:44:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
In all honesty I don't think Ray's shot hit the rim, of course he also didn't follow Kobe on that late 3.

Kobe had a heck of a third quarter and we won so I can say it.

Pierce was fantastic. Rondo was good but turned it over too much.
KG played great.

TA's block was sick.

I actually thought there was one angle on the shot that looked like the shot hit the rim.  They only showed it once though so it's really hard to say.  All the other angles were pretty inconclusive.

Yeah, that was strange. There was an angle from the top that pretty clearly showed it hitting the rim but then they chose the worst possible angle to show after the time out.

Yea 3 of the 4 angles you can't tell, but that 1 angle they only showed once and the trajectory definitely changed.

yeah trajectory changed

Yup ... I couldn't believe the announcers were saying it didn't ... it was very clear to me on all but the very last angle that it very clearly hit the rim ... it was a great call, and the announcers were way off, but giving the benefit of the doubt to the Lakers as usual.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #866 on: June 14, 2010, 04:13:19 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Okay .. I couldn't wait and not peep at the score before I get back home today to watch the game ...

This is the best Monday morning in work in a loooonnng time!!  Waaahooo!!

EAT LAB ..
LATE BA ..
BA TALE ..
A TABLE ..
BEAT LA .. that's the one ..
BEAT LA !!!

Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #867 on: June 15, 2010, 07:39:57 AM »

Kiorrik

Okay, my predictions:

(I love going out on a limp :p)

Captain Pierce: Good Q 1 and 3, invisible in 2 and 4. He was ALL good, especially in the fourth!
Rayray: +- 18 points He had 12
Garnett: Shabby, but will rack up 15 points and will do well on rebounds. 18 points and 10 rebounds, I'll count this as close enough to "correct" :)
Rondo: I think he'll have 3 good quarters, dunno when they will come though, he will be the games best player. He's also going to make his 3 point shots :p lawl, brand me a fool!
Perkins: Another mediocre game, 10 points and 7 rebounds. Meh, don't like this one. 4 points, 7 rebounds. Kinda right, but not really.

The Bench:

Sheed: will do more great D, will be getting some FAVORABLE calls, and rack up +- 15 points.
Baby: +- 12 points, 4 rebounds.
Nate: largely invisible, will hit two threes and maybe get up to 8 points, no more.

That concludes my thoughts on the next game :p
Final score for my predictions: I know nothing about basketball, obviously :)

Maybe next time stick with a few predictions, and make them a bit more general, instead of stating exact scores :D

It's fun though :D