Author Topic: Uhm, help?  (Read 11975 times)

Uhm, help?
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:42:53 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
I've had a really, okay, extremely rough night. In all honestly, and I promise you on my *thinks hard, since he doesn't have a family* dogs life that I'm not exaggerating, my landlord went crazy tonight. Locked me out of the house, put all of my belongings out on the back porch... including my 3 month old kitten... with out food or water.

So I had to deal with all of that, basically, this is a shameless plug or a few words of encouragement and basically a summary of the game. Because of this whole fiasco I missed the entire game.

Anything and everything is appreciated, I love you all.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

Re: Uhm, help?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:52:33 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
You've got your CB family right here, Bud ... let us know how we can help. It doesn't sound entirely legal, what your landlord is doing, but very often just talking to someone face-to-face can bring about positive results. Maybe talk to a lawyer or even the police to see what your options are.

As far as a place to stay, do you have any friends in the area? (I assume you're in Ohio?) ... if not, there are shelters in every city that are always willing to help. Man, this landlord is a huge jerk ... wish I could give him a piece of my mind!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:53:22 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I've had a really, okay, extremely rough night. In all honestly, and I promise you on my *thinks hard, since he doesn't have a family* dogs life that I'm not exaggerating, my landlord went crazy tonight. Locked me out of the house, put all of my belongings out on the back porch... including my 3 month old kitten... with out food or water.

So I had to deal with all of that, basically, this is a shameless plug or a few words of encouragement and basically a summary of the game. Because of this whole fiasco I missed the entire game.

Anything and everything is appreciated, I love you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIe4546sDDc&playnext_from=TL&videos=seOecfxKjlk&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgK6YHse-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96T_YroB2UQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3jfsQQw9-0

then there was an awesome press conference where Nate said that him and Glen were like “Shrek and Donkey”

sorry about your night man, that sounds horrible, keep your head up!

TP

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:53:31 AM »

Kiorrik

Yeh, good luck there buddy, sounds like some pretty harsh times indeed :(

Bah!

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:54:59 AM »

Offline Greeny

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • LETS DO IT AGAIN!
Edited. No personal attacks please. -sw
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:44:39 AM by Steve Weinman »

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 02:58:12 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
If you have internet to post this, then you have lost every thought of respect from me.

Are you mocking the original poster?

Because if you are, then you're kind of a complete jerk.

So, let's hope you're not.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 02:59:18 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
OMG your landlord sounds like a GIANT tool  >:(. Hope you and your poor kitty have somewhere safe to stay tonight. You guys take care OK.

ETA: Re the game - It was another rough night on offense for the starters minus Pierce. Not great but solid defense and rebounding. Slow first half but we did better in the 2nd capped by unbelievable job by the bench to build a lead. The starters played only a couple minutes at the end of the 4th and closed it out. All in all a great win.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:06:00 AM by twinbree »
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 03:01:13 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • GM - NYK
You've got your CB family right here, Bud ... let us know how we can help. It doesn't sound entirely legal, what your landlord is doing, but very often just talking to someone face-to-face can bring about positive results. Maybe talk to a lawyer or even the police to see what your options are.

As far as a place to stay, do you have any friends in the area? (I assume you're in Ohio?) ... if not, there are shelters in every city that are always willing to help. Man, this landlord is a huge jerk ... wish I could give him a piece of my mind!

Thanks Bahku, it means a lot. It's not legal, I talked to some friends and still have my grandpa's lawyers card. Working out something tomorrow probably. I called my ex-gf who still lives in the area, thank God we're friends now, anywho, so I'm staying at her place in her extra room. It's actually a she... and believe me, you aren't the only one that does.

(as an aside, yeah I'm in Ohio, Cleveland actually. it has never felt better to walk around in my Paul Pierce jersey :D)

Thanks for the well wishes, Klorrik and Ghandi, and thanks for the vids Ghandi, I heard about the Shrek and Donkey thing from a friend I called. Just about the only thing that made me smile tonight, outside of Boston beating the great devil that is... LA :P

Your guys' kindness has really brightened up my night, it's awesome knowing this kind of support is here, it's not just another sports blog, it really is a family.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 03:04:27 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • GM - NYK
OMG your landlord sounds like a GIANT tool  >:(. Hope you and your poor kitty have somewhere safe to stay tonight. You guys take care OK.

Thanks for the response Bree, found a place, as you can see from my other post probably. I'll do my best.

And thanks for the game summary! I just saw that you had edited your post! Sounds like there's still room to improve (as always) but a win is a win, right?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:12:09 AM by ohiocelticsfan »

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 03:08:18 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • GM - NYK
If you have internet to post this, then you have lost every thought of respect from me.

At first I didn't think your post deserved the time of day but I would just simply like to ask, why?

First off, you have no idea what situation I'm in right now and, just because I have "internet" doesn't mean it's any better. Yes, I found a place to stay, yes it has internet and yes, it's probably not the worst position I could be in. But, this is the second time within a 5 day span that she has done this to me. COMPLETELY UNPROVOKED at that. So, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to come and at least look at my post but, unless you have something positive to add, don't say it. I need some support not nonsensical quips based on no knowledge of the situation. I was nearly on the street tonight, a position that I've never had to be in before, I'm sorry if it freaked me out a little bit and that's not okay with you.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 03:09:07 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
@Ohio

Sounds like a brutal night - gotta be a shock to the system to walk into that kind of thing. Sorry to hear it but glad you're set up for the evening (and that your cat's okay too, I hope).

A pox on your landlord.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 03:15:16 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • GM - NYK
@Ohio

Sounds like a brutal night - gotta be a shock to the system to walk into that kind of thing. Sorry to hear it but glad you're set up for the evening (and that your cat's okay too, I hope).

A pox on your landlord.

Thanks FallGuy, it was rather shocking, to say the least. My kitty seems to be okay... she had been left outside in her carrier with out food or water but I don't know how long she had been that way :( I was so p---ed off, it's one thing to move my belongings outside but, to do that to a poor little kitten? What the hell?

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 03:16:47 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The game (replay) is on ESPN right now ... maybe you can watch?

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 03:18:33 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
@Ohio

A pox on your landlord.

Thanks FallGuy, it was rather shocking, to say the least. My kitty seems to be okay... she had been left outside in her carrier with out food or water but I don't know how long she had been that way :( I was so [peeved] off, it's one thing to move my belongings outside but, to do that to a poor little kitten? What the hell?

That's just the lowest ... and it's got to be a violation of animal cruelty laws ... what a jerk! Man, what the heck is wrong with people?!?

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 03:19:19 AM »

Kiorrik

That's a tad rude there. Please, keep it civil and don't be the oil someone might set aflame. Feels a bit weird to give you a warning for this or anything, so I'm not going to pull out my moderator rank here :p

Hard to judge someone's situation when you know next to nothing about someone, right?