Author Topic: "Guilty pleasure" TV shows  (Read 6799 times)

"Guilty pleasure" TV shows
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:14:51 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What shows do you enjoy that you're not necessarily proud to admit?

My fiancee' is a big fan of Glee, and I've got to say, I've started to be a fan.  My biggest "guilty pleasure" show is Hell's Kitchen, though.  I'm addicted to that show.  I'm not sure what's so entertaining about watching reality contestants get belittled, but this is one of only a handful of shows that I either watch or record every week.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: "Guilty pleasure" TV shows
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »

Offline Mad Hatter

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 75
maybe it's not a guilty pleasure, but what about The Boondocks on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim? has anyone even seen or heard of the show? it's a great show.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
House Hunters and Property Virgins on HGTV.  It makes me really want to move to Atlanta, you can get a mansion down there for the price of a 1000 sq ft condo in boston.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
What shows do you enjoy that you're not necessarily proud to admit?

My fiancee' is a big fan of Glee, and I've got to say, I've started to be a fan.  My biggest "guilty pleasure" show is Hell's Kitchen, though.  I'm addicted to that show.  I'm not sure what's so entertaining about watching reality contestants get belittled, but this is one of only a handful of shows that I either watch or record every week.
I can agree with both. Hell's Kitchen, like all Ramsey shows, is so fake -- yet I keep watching it.

While I have missed many episodes of Glee and want to fast forward on many occasions, I have watched most of the episodes and generally like the show. I actually loved when they did To Sir With Love in what I guess was the season finale -- obvious move in hindsight, but brilliant for any fan who has seen the movie.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:27:53 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
maybe it's not a guilty pleasure, but what about The Boondocks on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim? has anyone even seen or heard of the show? it's a great show.
I don't think there is anything embarrassing about watching that or Adult Swim in general. That is a very good show.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
I recently watch all 7 seasons of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

:-[

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I recently watch all 7 seasons of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

:-[

It's considered a classic by most people I know.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 01:55:29 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Chelsea Lately.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Gotta say Jersey Shore. Don't know why my remote gravitates towards it, but I have trouble turning it off.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 02:03:51 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
True Blood. The storylines are adolescent at best, but I keep coming back for more.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Any show about midgets, I mean, little people.  I have no idea why, but I'm fascinated.
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 02:14:08 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Phineas and Ferb

Well, at least it doesn't bother like the majority of the shows my daughter watches.

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 02:14:29 PM »

Offline rjsuperfly66

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 1
Hell's Kitchen is a must on the DVR, along with Real World/Road Rules Challenges.  For some reason the spirit of competition makes me intrigued with these shows.

Jersey Shore as well.

For some reason I'm into the show Weeds.  It was good in its earlier seasons and got corny during seasons 4 and 5, but its good for a laugh, even if it is about a pot-dealing mom of two.

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Used to be Ally McBeal now I guess its Men of a certain age or maybe Deal or no deal.

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 02:40:05 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Dawson's Creek - people say I look like Pacey so I watched and got hooked
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)