Author Topic: classy Celtics fans  (Read 10927 times)

classy Celtics fans
« on: June 09, 2010, 09:31:57 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I love the Celtics, I generally get annoyed by our fans (lack of knowledge, extreme homerism, beligerant drunkenness), but last night was ridiculous - went to game 3 and saw 3 incidents that showed how classless our fans can actually be

let me preface by saying I have traveled to opposing cities to see the Celtics and Sox - cities have included Seattle, Atlanta, Philadelphia, New York, New Orleans, Orlando and have rocked Celtics/Sox gear and have cheered when we make a good play.  No one has ever said anything beyond maybe gentle ribbing

At game 3 last night, in the restroom a guy was wearing a Lakers jersey, waiting in line - a mob of Celtics fans - presumably drunk were chanting Lakers suck and Kobe sucks, completely in his face, pointing, etc.  Guy remained stoic - personally I would have left the lav... then someone threw a beer at him. I left before there was a fight, but given the lack of security, I assume one went down. classy Boston

second incident, a few sections over a Lakers fan pumped his fist when they scored and a Celtics fan punched him.  Zero provocation.  Super classy.

Last one, leaving the game, 2 guys with Lakers jerseys are trying to walk down the stairs and are assaulted by another mob of presumably drunken Boston fans - this is on the stairs, pretty dangerous place to get into it... stay classy Boston

when you buy a ticket to a game, you're paying to cheer your team and tolerate those around you.  Of course no one likes an opposing fan cheering, but they have a right to.  Just cheer louder.  But fights in the stands are just stupid.  I truly felt embarrased to be a Celtics fan last night, because of the treatment of others...
When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: classy Celtics fans
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:18:26 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
In every fanbase you have those kinda people. Show me a team out there with only classy fans.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:34:30 AM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
A Giants fan was shot and killed outside Dodger stadium a few years ago.

I'll take the beer thrown at me instead.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:36:40 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I've never been in a fight myself and don't promote violence by any means, so I think its wrong that someone got punched......

UNLESS it was the dude sitting courtside wearing a license plate around his neck, because I was prepared to drive down to the Garden to do the deed myself.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
You should have seen what was going go in Greece playoff games between Panathinaikos and Olympiacos (two of the most biggets clubs in europe) earlier this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkL0hmhPJGQ
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:07:57 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
In every fanbase you have those kinda people. Show me a team out there with only classy fans.

Phili  :P
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
how about this rule? do not throw things at anyone and do not put your hands on anyone else. we try to teach our three year old that; i would think adults should be able to adhere to that principle.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
My experience at Fenway is similar. I am amazed at the number of fights compared to other ballparks I have been to. Then again, Boston seems to have a lot of alcoholics.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 11:25:53 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
My experience at Fenway is similar. I am amazed at the number of fights compared to other ballparks I have been to. Then again, Boston seems to have a lot of alcoholics.

Its cause of all the Irish ;)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »

Offline jedkni

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
It's east coast thuggery vs. west coast arrogance. As a Lakers fan attending games at Staples Center, let me give you another perspective. I've gone with friends and taken my son, who plays on his school basketball team, to games periodically. The air in which people walk throughout the arena and the arrogance is as thick as butter. It's all about being perceived as 'cool'. I hate going to games there. I'd rather enjoy games in front of the big screen so I can hoot and holler and act like I want without condescending looks and glares. Boston fans, on the other hand, high-five each other, hug strangers, and appear to be very boisterous and vocal. Unfortunately, at every arena, it just takes a few drunken knuckleheads to ruin it for everyone.

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »

Offline Forklift

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Hello Celtic fans i'm a Laker fan and this is my first post.  I stumbled upon this site a while ago from some other Laker board. (Clublakers) and the people there were talking about how classy you guys where so i kinda lurked here for a while.  Until i found this thread.

Some Laker fans are just about the same.  They run around saying they are die hard fans and always try to find ways to prove it thinking that they are starting fights for the good of the Lakers.  It disgusts me.  Also there is a Jazz fan that always put his hand over his eye whenever Fisher is shooting freethrows. (If you guys don't know what the person is trying to say.  It's because Fisher came to LA to help treat his daughter because his daughter has eye cancer.)  It p---es me off everytime.  I agree with you classless fans are the worst type i really dislike classess fans from anyplace and most of all from the Lakers because most teams tend to look more to those type of fans and label all Laker fans that way.

Here are the pics of the Jazz fan don't get me wrong i'm not saying all Jazz fans are like that.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 12:41:19 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
A Giants fan was shot and killed outside Dodger stadium a few years ago.

I'll take the beer thrown at me instead.

Just because someone was shot and killed at Dodger Stadium and only a beer was thrown at someone here doesn't make it alright to throw a beer at someone. 

Along with that neither does Boston having a lot of alcoholics make it right either.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Hello Celtic fans i'm a Laker fan and this is my first post.  I stumbled upon this site a while ago from some other Laker board. (Clublakers) and the people there were talking about how classy you guys where so i kinda lurked here for a while.  Until i found this thread.

Some Laker fans are just about the same.  They run around saying they are die hard fans and always try to find ways to prove it thinking that they are starting fights for the good of the Lakers.  It disgusts me.  Also there is a Jazz fan that always put his hand over his eye whenever Fisher is shooting freethrows. (If you guys don't know what the person is trying to say.  It's because Fisher came to LA to help treat his daughter because his daughter has eye cancer.)  It [pee]es me off everytime.  I agree with you classless fans are the worst type i really dislike classess fans from anyplace and most of all from the Lakers because most teams tend to look more to those type of fans and label all Laker fans that way.

Here are the pics of the Jazz fan don't get me wrong i'm not saying all Jazz fans are like that.

Wow that Jazz fan is a complete loser!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 12:45:51 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Sounds like barstool sports.  The guys on that site are trash.  They were hating on Fisher because he teared up after the game.  After everything hes gone through with his daughter he has the right to be emotional.  Unfortunately, in the past few years, the Celtics have gained many "pink hat" fans.  It's those "pink hats" that tend to be the classless ones in my opinion. 
do it

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
that jazz fan is a tool, a complete loser. however, many jazz fans feel that fisher hid  behind his daughter's illness to get out of his contract in utah and go back to the lakers. however, what he is doing here is just stupid.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"