Author Topic: TV Show Recommendations?  (Read 30010 times)

Re: TV Show Recommendations?
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Parks and Rec - better than the office

Trailer Park Boys - better than Always Sunny

Those are the two funniest shows for me and neither were listed here... Am I weird???

Also I think it's amazing people continued to watch Lost after one maybe two seasons.

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Those are the two funniest shows for me and neither were listed here... Am I weird???

I have been really enjoying the Event.  I think its great and is a great replacement for any lost or 24 fans.  But its not as annoying as lost(at least so far).

Also, Parks and recreation is one of the funniest shows on tv right now IMO

I mentioned parks and rec
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2011, 05:10:28 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
An Idiot Abroad, Mad Men, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Walking Dead, Dexter, Two and a Half Men....

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:23 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
what is borgias
Showtime series about the Borgia family.  Rodrigo Borgia (Jeremy Irons) became Pope Alexander the Second in 1492.  He openly had two families and his eldest son was a cardinal during his time as pope.  He bribed his way to the Papal Throne (happened in the first episode) and he and his family did whatever it took to stay in power (including murder - also happened in the first episode). 

The Borgias are widely regarded as the first true crime family and the Godfather (as well as other "crime families") is loosely based on them. 

First episode was pretty good.  A bit slow, but I'm sure it will pick up now that the key players have been introduced. 

basically assassin's creed, the tv show :p

Become Legendary.

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 06:45:04 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
The Office, Family Guy, Old school super mario bros' dvd's :P

Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Also I think it's amazing people continued to watch Lost after one maybe two seasons.

Just finished season 2 of Parks and Rec on Netflix Livestream -- I like it.  Actually, similar dynamics to the Office -- Office is better overall, IMO.

Also, just started watching Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. After 4 episodes I'd say I  like this also.  An Office/Spinal Tap hybrid Canadien style.  Good so far.

My all-time favorite is Taxi.  I am a fan the Dick Van Dyke Show and Andy Griffith (especially the Don Knotts episodes). Seinfeld and Curb are great. It's Garry Shandling's Show was great too. 

I have NEVER seen a single full episode of an adult cartoon since the Flinstones.  No Simpsons, No South Park, No Family Guy...  I have an aversion to shows that attract children and then hit them with adult themes. Just feels wrong.

Dramas:  Hill Street, St. Elsewhere, LA Law, Sopranos, Shield, 24, Lost are all favorites. I tend to be behind the times on new shows.

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2011, 07:23:39 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I rarely watch TV anymore, but Game of Thrones on HBO looks fantastic.  The story comes from an amazing set of books. If you want something "intelligent" watch "Deadwood" and "The Wire."  Two of the best shows ever made.

Or you can read - I just finished "World War Z" a novel about the end war v. zombies and "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Hemmingway and "Life on the Mississippi" by Twain.

Each was excellent, nothing on TV is better than a great novel.

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I've been watching Merlin as of late.  It's basically about how Merlin and Arthur come to meet and how their relationship grows.  It's pretty interesting, especially for anyone interested in sci-fi.  I also watched Lights Out on FX, season finale is tonight.  Pretty good boxing show, though some times things were all over the place.
do it

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2011, 04:26:52 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
An Idiot Abroad, Shameless, Spartacus, Dexter, Californication, The Ricky Gervais Show, The Borgias. There are a ton of great shows out there, usually on Showtime.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
tom goes to the mayor

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2011, 05:18:12 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Party Down ....It is hillaaaaarious

Great show. Only 2 seasons and it's done but you can get it on Netflix streaming. It was on Starz originally

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2011, 05:26:48 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
arrested development reruns
better than just about everything on now

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2011, 04:52:40 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574

Great show. Only 2 seasons and it's done but you can get it on Netflix streaming. It was on Starz originally

I really liked the first season, the second, not so much.

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2011, 05:07:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I really liked the first season, the second, not so much.

That's a shame - I've seen the first season and loved it, but only one episode from the second so far.  When I get around to it I hope my experience is different than yours, because Season 1 was pretty great.

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2011, 12:03:45 PM »

Offline RedsCeltics34

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 45
  • Lets Go Celtics!
One of my favorite shows is "1000 ways to die" haha very funny.