Author Topic: TV Show Recommendations?  (Read 30002 times)

Re: TV Show Recommendations?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 10:25:20 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Like Jarufu, I'd recommend Fringe...Walter absolutely kills me.

Another one is Supernatural.

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
Agree about Modern Family. Good Comedy.

I subscribe to Showtime every fall for the return of Dexter and Weeds. The two best shows on tv in my opinion.

I also enjoyed Eastbound and Down on HBO, which was only six episodes but is supposedly returning for another season.

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Like the others, If you liked Lost, you should definitely watch Fringe(start from beginning).

My wife is highly addicted to the Shield but I have yet to watch it yet(she is on season six and watched whole series in past 2 months)

I secretly watched one episode of Legend of the Seeker and to my tremendous surprise, I liked it. I watched the whole series via netflix on demand in HD.

You can definitely catch up and get hooked into many shows that way.

For comedy, if you never watched Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO, you have to! If you liked Seinfeld,  you will love this show.

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 11:54:39 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
The only shows that I watch that are currently on air are The Office, Modern Family, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and South Park.

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
A few shows I love:

Stargate SG1 and Atlantis - They have SGI on Hulu and Atlantis comes on Syfy

Breaking Bad- I love Walt

Modern Family- A good and smart family comedy

Entourage- If you have HBO

The Wire- Simply the Best

Sons of Anarchy- Sopranos on motorcycles

Friday Night Lights- great writing

Justified- entertaining

Shield- Vic was the coolest cop ever
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 11:26:42 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
Breaking Bad - best show on TV in my mind, amazing all around, p.s. - last episode was sick

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia & Curb Your Enthusiasm - Next favorite two, great comedies

Then after that I got Chuck, Modern Family, and Justified when I have time to watch on hulu

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
A few shows I love:

Justified- entertaining

I like all of these except I have never seen Breaking Bad. Friday Night Lights is really brilliant.

I loved the Shield, but I didn't think Vic was cool at all. I couldn't stand him and really wanted him to go down. Loathsome individual. Complete narcissist and pretty much a sociopath. Horrible person.

I liked that the Shield didn't bother to try to give reasons for why he was so evil. He just is who he is.

The Wire really is the best, and the Stargate series are fun, though they are very campy.

I would add Dexter to the list though. Dexter is brilliant. I see you have a few HBO shows there but no Showtime. Showtime has some good stuff. I really like Weeds too.

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 12:01:38 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Anyone see Party Down? Pretty entertaining. I watched it on Netflix streaming.

I love that it has the actor who played Bill on Freaks and Geeks. Can't go wrong with him. The McLovin actor also appears on one episode.

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

I love that it has the actor who played Bill on Freaks and Geeks. Can't go wrong with him. The McLovin actor also appears on one episode.
Too bad Jane Lynch left. She's brilliant. Though, of course, it's understandable since she moved to Glee.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 12:19:50 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70

Too bad Jane Lynch left. She's brilliant. Though, of course, it's understandable since she moved to Glee.

I got into Party Down recently too. Second season is more hit or miss but it's pretty solid stuff.

Looks like it's bout to get the axe though. The ratings are awful even for cable.

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 05:05:42 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
A few shows I love:

Justified- entertaining

I like all of these except I have never seen Breaking Bad. Friday Night Lights is really brilliant.

I loved the Shield, but I didn't think Vic was cool at all. I couldn't stand him and really wanted him to go down. Loathsome individual. Complete narcissist and pretty much a sociopath. Horrible person.

I liked that the Shield didn't bother to try to give reasons for why he was so evil. He just is who he is.

The Wire really is the best, and the Stargate series are fun, though they are very campy.

I would add Dexter to the list though. Dexter is brilliant. I see you have a few HBO shows there but no Showtime. Showtime has some good stuff. I really like Weeds too.

As far as Showtime, I really like Californication. Hank Moody is hilarious.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 05:13:54 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.Chuck.

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »

Offline rjsuperfly66

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 1
Shows I Watch/Watched:

Lost, 24, House, Rescue Me, Entourage, Weeds, Friday Night Lights

All of those except Entourage and House are on Netflix on Demand, which is where I got into all of them except 24 and House.

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 02:48:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Also a fan of USA's Burn Notice, which just kicked off the summer season with new episodes.

Another fun show is TNT's Leverage. Con artists as modern Robin Hoods. Set in Boston, but filmed in Portland, OR (my two favorite cities).

We also watch Bones and NCIS, both the new and syndicated episodes (on TNT and USA) and have given NCIS: Los Angeles a second chance (it's grown on us).

It's no longer on TV (even in syndication), but if you're a fan of J.J. Abrams, Alias is good fun. Was disappointed in the final (5th) season, but the rest of it was really quite good. Ought to be available via Netflix or your local rental place.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 02:56:11 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
I think a very underrated reality show, which I don't normally condone, is Last Comic Standing. I watched the first episode of the season last night on Hulu and it was hilarious. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially lovers of stand up comedy. I don't know how you couldn't find most their acts/jokes funny.